Thread: Dfi-sli-dr Faulty main/4 pin power connector?

Dfi-sli-dr Faulty main/4 pin power connector?

Well last night i got everything together. After hitting the power button and getting no video i was like Check the cards and the main one was not seated correctly np Bam got the bios loaded optimized restarted enabled raid restarted. set up nvidia raid. restarted tried to install windows and it would not read the floppy raid disc. i check the connections everything was ok. I shut down the comp all the way and then went to hit the power button and fans spun for a sec then died all the leds on the board where on. So i check the power cables all look good i moved them around a bit and it came back to life. so i took the board back out my case. witch is a lian li pc75. Something intresting about this case is that my sound card will not insert into the slot all the way caus the edge of the bracket gets hung up on the case where your suppose to secure it to the case. also the video cards where have a similar problem so i went to frys and got the 1000amd antec case to try later.

So the boards outside of case. I hooked everything up hit the on board power button (thanks dfi) fans spun for a sec then nothing but all the leds on board on. i wiggled the 24 pin and the 4 pin and it came back up. wel got to windows got the raid drivers installed windows installed i got all the drivers installed with out a hitch. d/l 3d mark 03 ran a loop over night at 16x12 with 4x aa and woke up and it was still trucking away.

I went to plug in a usb mouse and bam power went out. so i hit the power button fans spun for a sec all leds on i wiggled the power cables again for a good while at it finally came back up.

It seems as if you pull upward on the 4 pin next to the 24 pin or move it towards the gpu's it will come to life. So im thinking mobo connectors or pwr/s. So off to frys i went i got the best 24pin pwr/s they had witch is a athena power power space shuttle 5002 28a 12v ( yeay i never heard of it either ) Anyways i hook that up get all the leds on hit power button and nothing not even fans spinning. So. since i though it was the 4 pin i jumped the atena and just used its 4 pin and used everything else from the 510 sli. Same exact problem. so im thinking its the borad.

Other then this problem the board is rock solid only if you power it down or move anything is when you have to wiggle the cables. My question is should i rma it to newegg where i got it from or dfi? Will dif send me one with a return bill for me to send this one back to them? as i would like to do it that way so i can at least play with this one.

o the bios is what came with it 1/25

Well rgone said its probley a faulty solder on the power connectors and to get it rma. so thats what im doing tommrow.

looks like ill be with out my new comp for at least a week and 1/2

Xtreme X.I.P.
    It would be quicker if you just bought a soldiering iron instead of rma !!
    24/7 Work & Play Rig
    Gigabyte X58A-UD5, i7 920 @ 4.56ghz 1.48v 21x217, G.Skill PI 12Gb 8-8-8-24-1T 1.56V @ 1736Mhz
    EK Supreme HF P1, Dual EK DCP 4.0 Pumps and EK Res, XSPC RX360 & RX240 w/ 1850rpm GT's
    Sapphire HD 4870 1Gb @ 810/1020mhz, 2x Dell 2407, 2x 1Tb WD Black SATA3, 2x 2Tb Hitachi 7k2000
    Cooler Master ATCS 840, Corsair 750TX PSU, running OSX 10.6.3 & Win 7 64

Xtreme Mentor
    Probably cheaper too because you wouldn't need to ship it and you will need to buy one later on anyways.
    For those of you about to post:

Xtreme Mentor
    Your not alone. My board is doing the exact same thing. It was working fine with my 600w powerstream. After getting everything mounted in the case it wouldn't power back up. Would turn on for a split second then power right back down again. If I unplugged the p4 12v connector the board would power up but I would get 4 leds and no signal to screen. I plug the p4 12v connector back in and it won't boot. After taking it in and out a few times it would power up however after shutting the system down it wouldn't come back up again. I called OCZ and they are sending me a new powerstream. It worked just fine on my NF2 setup until I got this board. This is just one of the millions of problems I have with this board. I am not a happy camper at all. Anyone here not stable at stock? I'm not.
    Silverstone Temjin TJ-09BW w/ Silverstone DA750
    Asus P8P67
    2600K w/ Thermalright Venomous X Black w/ Sanyo Denki San Ace 109R1212H1011
    8GB G.Skill DDR-1600 7-8-7-24
    Gigabyte GTX 460 1G
    Modded Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty w/ Klipsch Promedia 2.1
    1 X 120GB OCZ Vertex
    1 X 300GB WD Velociraptor HLFS
    1 X Hitachi 7K1000 1TB
    Pioneer DVR-216L DVD-RW
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64

Quote Originally Posted by alexio View Post
    From the hip and aim at the kitchen if she doesn't approve your purchases. She'll know better next time.

id rather not solder it my self as #1 i have no idea what pin is having the problem and i would like the keep the little warrenty i got as something else might happen.

at least im not the only one having a similar poblem. i dont think its the power supply as i tried another 4 pin off one and it was doing the same thing. but ya never know where both going a differen TS route.

Please post back once you get ur pwr/s as will i with new board to see our results. ^^

cheers