Thread: DFI LanParty UT nF4 Ultra-D cant see sata drives

Unhappy DFI LanParty UT nF4 Ultra-D cant see sata drives

I got my new board today got it all installed started reformating and fresh xp install when it crased about half way through and now I cant get it to dtect the sata hard drives anymore.

Anybody know if this is a rma issue and bad luck for me or is there something I am overlooking?

XS News
    You did hit F6 at the beginning right?
    RIP Dad. I will miss you always.

Q6600,DFI X48 T2R,280 GTX,4gig ReaperX,XiFi Prelude,LL TYR PC X-2000,Westinghouse 37,Klipsch 5.1 Ultra

Quote Originally Posted by chunkylover77
    You did hit F6 at the beginning right?
    Yep, I went through all that and it did see both drive in raid and got half way through an XP instal. no it wont even detect them at all.

Xtreme Member
    I had a very similar problem the other day. I was reformatting and after it formatted and installed the windows files, I got a BSOD on reboot. So after a few minutes of WTF'ing, I decided to load off the xp disk again and start over with another format.

At this point it didn't detect the drives. Rebooted and the bios confirmed that the drives were in fact not being detected on their respective sata ports (I run raid 0, and originally used ports 3 and 4). After a lot of fruitless trouble shooting (trying all the sata ports, etc), I decided to try another set of SATA cables. VOILA! XP detected the drives and I installed XP and the raid drivers no problem. It has worked fine since.

Might sound stupid, but try different cables, it worked for me.

EDIT: Yes, I was using the stock DFI sata cables originally.
    Last edited by zeebs; 03-21-2005 at 11:44 PM.

Xtreme Mentor
    I have a weird problem where windows setup detects my array as two seperate drives. Really annoying as the computer posts with the raid array created and healthy though windows setup lists each drive seperate and not together as one. For the hell of it I tried installing on one of them hoping it works but no, upon first restart during setup I got a NO OPERATING SYSTEM found error. Had to remove partitions and start all over. To be honest I'm still running off a single drive as I can't get it to work =/
    Silverstone Temjin TJ-09BW w/ Silverstone DA750
    Asus P8P67
    2600K w/ Thermalright Venomous X Black w/ Sanyo Denki San Ace 109R1212H1011
    8GB G.Skill DDR-1600 7-8-7-24
    Gigabyte GTX 460 1G
    Modded Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty w/ Klipsch Promedia 2.1
    1 X 120GB OCZ Vertex
    1 X 300GB WD Velociraptor HLFS
    1 X Hitachi 7K1000 1TB
    Pioneer DVR-216L DVD-RW
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64

Quote Originally Posted by alexio View Post
    From the hip and aim at the kitchen if she doesn't approve your purchases. She'll know better next time.

Xtreme 3DTeam Member
    Hm, someone with any ideas here..........

Previous system:

DFI NF4 ULTRA 0453A3 KOREA CHIPSET / BIOS 510-2FIX / FX-57 0516WPMW@3.62GHZ / 2x256 CORSAIR 3200LLPT BH-5@13x278MHZ 2-2-2-5@3.69VDIMM / MACH II GT@MOD BY BERKUT / ACTIVE COOLING FOR RAM - MOSFETS - GPU RAM / CHIPSET & GPU CORE WATERCOOLED / OCZ POWERSTEAM 600W / BUILT BY ATI X850XT@660/651 - VGPU@1.73-VDD@2.26-VDDQ@2.21 PENCIL MOD / WIN XP 2x80GB SAMSUNG SPINPOINT SP80 SATA - RAID 0 & WIN 2K 40GB SAMSUNG SPINPOINT SP40 IDE BENCH DRIVE / PIC

----------------><------------------