Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 is toast Bank Of America says...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    So you think Sony should introduce a system like the old Xbox Live where you couldn't get online at all if you didn't pay? Silver/Gold is a much better system because even if people aren't playing multiplayer games (and therefore not chewing up bandwidth) they can still buy stuff from an online store.

Other than that point I agree with you.

Sony really needs to have a cheap PS3 out there. Blu-ray was their biggest mistake and its one that they can't fix now. They tried to win the format war with the PS3 but it backfired and now they need to win it in order to stop the console from leaching all the money out of the company.
    Last I checked the format war was not over. Not only that, Blu-Ray movies are selling better than HD-DVD. I honestly don't think that having the Blu-Ray will hurt them, in the long run it should benefit them, Sony was just trying to think too far ahead.
    ASUS M5A99X EVO
    AMD Deneb 3.4Ghz Black Edition
    Gigabyte Radeon HD5950 1GB
    Mushkin Redline 2x4GB DDR3 2133

Quote Originally Posted by afireinside View Post
    The ps2 was disappointing it's entire life and the ps3 is downright junk so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmad View Post
    No body is going to be writing games for the Cell.. no one has the time or developers that care. Thanks to SONY, the Cell is already history.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    When did I say the format war was over? But they still haven't won it and the PS3 didn't benifit them. My argument is that they shot themselves in the foot by relying on an unfinished war. They could still win but until they have market dominance, the Blu Ray drives are as much a hinderance as a help, and they could really do with less hinderances right now.
    <eMesreveR>Do "girls" ever appear outside the Internet? Can i randomly encounter them?
    <Aleph-One>I believe they are a fabrication. Most of the evidence would suggest that they were created in a studio during the Cold War to display our industrial superiority over the Soviet Union.

-----
    "Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO is the answer." - Erik Naggum

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by sladesurfer View Post
    Pretty convincing argument
    Wasn't an argument, just my opinion

Just wondering how many more threads there are going to be started about Sony losing money from lack of PS3 sales.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    sony loses 200$ on each ps3?
    maybe i should buy one, put a picutre of sonys ceo on it and point at it every morning and laugh hmmmmm

Xtreme Member
    PS3 is not that bad IMO. There is just nothing out there for it. I play the down loadable content more than what you can buy. I like the multimedia capabilities more than my 360's. I put in a 160GB drive in and have pretty much all my music on there. Im not sayin the 360 cant do it...its just seems easier on the PS3. I love the PS3 controllers though....it seems like you never have to charge these suckers.

PS3 needs killer games...thats what it comes down to. Just like the original XBox. MS was getting killed on the hardware cost, but good games made up for it.

Xtreme Addict
    Financial Analysts need to know about a company's product and need to know how it is doing and what it will be doing in the future. To think that they should not even be commenting on the PS3 is pure rubbish. If a product is losing the company MILLIONS of dollars the Fin An better know what the hell is going on. So leave them out of this they are doing their job which is very important for the survival of the company.

Now my opinion. I would only buy a console if it gave game changing content and features. The Wii does this to some extent, but many developers are still having a hard time getting the Wii-mote functionality down. Other than that my computer can do just about everything a console does and better. That and it can play music and movies in almost any format and still functions as a schoolwork and business machine. Honestly the only way I would get a 360 would be if Microsoft put their office suite on it for free and you could play movies and music on it with the same functionality as a PC. The Wii I still might buy if it gets some good hack and slash games with near perfect Wii-mote functionality. And I am not a big Zelda fan. A first person hack and slash is what I am looking for.

i5 750 @ 3.2 Ghz, stock volts on stock cooling
    4GB G.Skill DDR3-1600 7-7-7-21
    Gigabyte P55-DS2
    EVGA GTX260 192shader

Xtreme Cruncher
    financial analysts now the thats why they are working in that world they can predict the trend of something pretty much accurate those guys are smart... sony is gambling with their system so far they are loosing maybe they can offer something people would die for and buy the damn console right now they arent....

and also they are gambling with the succes of the br format tied to the fate of the ps3 how good can be that ?
    Incoming new computer after 5 long years

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

Xtreme Member

Consoles usually sell for less than they cost...

You think Sony losing $200 per unit is a big deal? Microsoft loses close to that on every 360 they sell, and the same with the original XBox. They know they will eventually make it back in licensing.

Once the PS3 gets enough good games it will recover. The price is steep for sure, and that's going to be a barrier, but gamers don't blink at dropping $600 on a 8800GTX. This is a console with Blue-Ray.

This is my first post here. I've been lurking for a while figuring out what water-cooled setup I wanted to build. I learned a lot, and placed my order yesterday. Great forum with great information!

Xtreme Addict
    If PS3 can make Blu Ray 'THE' HD format then it will have done its job. Personally the Blu Ray drive is as much of the attraction of PS3 as Tekken/Final Fantasy. I'm sure most people are like me though, and can't see the point of buying the console now. why buy it when theres no games you really want to play, when a year down the line it'll be £100+ cheaper, cooler and less power hungry (65nm process), and have a raft of AAA games. Its a no brainer really. The PS3 would have needed a big launch game if they expected people to pay full whack for any console, if anything Blu Ray saved the PS3 from flopping completely as that was the biggest selling point on day one.

Xtreme
    the funny thing with blu ray, is that the PS3 is cheaper than some blu ray players.
    System:
    2600K / 8GB Corsair Vengeance PC15000
    Asus Sabertooth P67 / MSI Twin Frozr II 6950 Crossfire
    corsair 1000hx / Corsair 800D obsidian
    Crucial M4 128GB SSD / Windows 7 Pro
    Cooling:
    Koolance 360 rev 1.1 CPU block / MCR320 QP rad
    OCZ hydropulse 800 pump w/ EK-DCP 4.0 res
    Primochill LRT Black tubing 3/8" ID x 5/8" OD

Xtreme News
    Quote Originally Posted by ex2cib View Post
    the funny thing with blu ray, is that the PS3 is cheaper than some blu ray players.
    I saw one @ Bestbuy for $400. I guess just add $200 more and you get a gaming system and a BL player

Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by sladesurfer View Post
    I saw one @ Bestbuy for $400. I guess just add $200 more and you get a gaming system and a BL player
    i was just looking at newegg a second ago.

sony has another blu ray player selling for $700.

buy a ps3 and be able to do more stuff than just watch movies
    System:
    2600K / 8GB Corsair Vengeance PC15000
    Asus Sabertooth P67 / MSI Twin Frozr II 6950 Crossfire
    corsair 1000hx / Corsair 800D obsidian
    Crucial M4 128GB SSD / Windows 7 Pro
    Cooling:
    Koolance 360 rev 1.1 CPU block / MCR320 QP rad
    OCZ hydropulse 800 pump w/ EK-DCP 4.0 res
    Primochill LRT Black tubing 3/8" ID x 5/8" OD

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by situman View Post
    In 10yrs who's to say MS or even Nintendo won't exceed the PS3? In fact I woulndn't be surprised if Nintendo or MS coming out with a full body motion sensor to make games totally interaction. Imagine actually "running" away from an enemy or squatting or jumping to dodge attacks? The Wii-mote and the nunchuck thing is just the beginning. When all this happens in a few years, where would the PS3 be?
    damn, i can see it already. Imagine having to run and actually kick the football to score a goal. oh wait, i can already do that. heck, people earn millions doing that everyweek

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by _Slim_Shady_ View Post
    Microsoft loses close to that on every 360 they sell, and the same with the original XBox.
    Not any more.
    <eMesreveR>Do "girls" ever appear outside the Internet? Can i randomly encounter them?
    <Aleph-One>I believe they are a fabrication. Most of the evidence would suggest that they were created in a studio during the Cold War to display our industrial superiority over the Soviet Union.

-----
    "Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO is the answer." - Erik Naggum

Xtreme Bandwith Whore
    Quote Originally Posted by Ub3r-L33ch View Post
    Last I checked the format war was not over. Not only that, Blu-Ray movies are selling better than HD-DVD. I honestly don't think that having the Blu-Ray will hurt them, in the long run it should benefit them, Sony was just trying to think too far ahead.
    you do realize that they are counting PS3 as total blueray sales. Hardly leading the pack bud.

Xtreme Bandwith Whore
    Quote Originally Posted by mcflurry4321 View Post
    Sony is not going to go down. Anyone who thinks that is just silly.

I'm pretty sick and tired of hearing all of this. The PS3 is losing Sony money??!??!? WHAT?? Since when?!?!

Seriously, yeah it got off to a rough start, but as soon as FFXIII and games like that are released everything will pick right up and HOPEFULLY everyone will STFU.
    Ive alrwady predicted that within 3 years, Sony will be purchased and liquidated.

FFXIII wont be their savior.. not to mention, just about every PS3 only title has gone multi-platform.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by _Slim_Shady_ View Post
    You think Sony losing $200 per unit is a big deal? Microsoft loses close to that on every 360 they sell, and the same with the original XBox. They know they will eventually make it back in licensing.

Once the PS3 gets enough good games it will recover. The price is steep for sure, and that's going to be a barrier, but gamers don't blink at dropping $600 on a 8800GTX. This is a console with Blue-Ray.

This is my first post here. I've been lurking for a while figuring out what water-cooled setup I wanted to build. I learned a lot, and placed my order yesterday. Great forum with great information!

Orly? Since when do most gamers buy 8800GTXs?
    i3-8100 | GTX 970
    Ryzen 5 1600 | RX 580
    Assume nothing; Question everything

Xtreme 3D Mark Team Staff
    Kingcarcas.

thats actually a pretty interesting article there.
    more people should read it.

"The command and conquer model," said the EA CEO, "doesn't work. If you think you're going to buy a developer and put your name on the label... you're making a profound mistake."

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Ub3r-L33ch View Post

the ONLY and i mean ONLY reason blue rays sales numbers are up is because Blue sales INCLUDE PS3 Games because they are a blue ray format disk.
    period end of story.

to argue that,, well. do your research.

blue ray isnt killing hd dvd. not close to it.

regardless of having to buy a xbox 360 hd dvd player to view hd movies on the 360 you can buy an hd dvd home theater player cheaper and easier than a BR player.

not to mention the fact that all the bullsh|t crap content that was promised with both BR and HDVD has not been delivered to date.
    and its just stupid stuff too,, just totally retarded, who i ask, who listens to director commentary on their dvd's they have now , let alone all these stupid pop up windows on your screen right int he middle of the movie.

the only time and i mean ONLY time this will and has ever been used is during climactic scenes where you want to see how it was done or something.

PS3 is to the USA as the 360 is to Japan... worthless. and even in japan the PS3 isnt doing as good, and NEVER will so long as they keep supporting the PS2.

force people to change like MS did,,, then sales will go up.

i dont know anyone who has a PS3 and STILL has it today.
    there arent any games, and none coming that make it worth owning that i have seen, but then again i am a little behind on the PS3 release list.

there isnt a store i cant walk in to around here that doesnt have ATLEAST 1/2 dozen 60gig PS3's sitting there collecting dust.
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.
    Welcome to the Roughnecks"

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuperman View Post
    Why? did one kill your dog?

on topic: I've always hated when a guy with a financial analyst certificate (BoA analyst) starts talking tech.
    I know a pair of financial analyst who know as much as you or me about tech. I also know an analyst from BoA who doesn´t know about tech and talks a lot about it

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JuanFlaiter View Post
    I know a pair of financial analyst who know as much as you or me about tech. I also know an analyst from BoA who doesn´t know about tech and talks a lot about it
    in chile?
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    honestly there are some really stupid people here. I mean stupid as in low IQ and fantastic imaginations with little deductive reasoning.

Xtreme Addict
    Yes, its an interesting read

Quote Originally Posted by Kunaak View Post
    Kingcarcas.

thats actually a pretty interesting article there.
    more people should read it.
    Wolfdale e8400es @4.5Ghz / Ultra-120 Extreme
    2GB Ballistix @ 589Mhz 4-4-4-x @ 2.5V - SPI 32M
    *** Motherboards tested: DFI Blood Iron (current), Asus P5K3-dlx, DFI P965-S, P5B-Dlx, DFI RD600, Bad Axe 2, EVGA 680i, DS3 and P5W DH ***
    Fan modded Zippy 850W, 500GB 7200.11 and EVGA 8800GTX @678/1062

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Haltech View Post
    Ive alrwady predicted that within 3 years, Sony will be purchased and liquidated.

FFXIII wont be their savior.. not to mention, just about every PS3 only title has gone multi-platform.
    bahahaha

thank you for my new sig

i am going to mark your words

in other news, how many of you guys actually own a ps3?
    May 30th, 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Haltech View Post
    i7 920 D0 @ 2.8ghz // GTX 670 // Rampage II Extreme // 14GBs DDR3 // 550w PSU // corsair H100i // Corsair 800D

i7 3770k stock // Maximus V Gene // 16GB @1600 // OCZ z850 //

i7 3930k @ 4.5ghz // 780 SLI // P9X79-E WS // 16GB @ 1600 // AX1200i // and a horrible swiftech h220 // Carbide Air 540

Quote Originally Posted by b0bd0le View Post
    in other news, how many of you guys actually own a ps3?
    My cousin does. I actually was impressed with the very small amount of gaming I did on it. No doubt it was helped by the 50in HD TV it was plugged into.

Its a pity he doesn't have it on 24/7 or i'd put Folding@Home on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    there arent any games, and none coming that make it worth owning
    Couldn't be any more wrong on that one
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    Skylake i7-6700K @ 4600 Mhz
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340