Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Modded by HellFire and now dont work.

Xtreme Member

Modded by HellFire and now dont work.

Hell-Fire I see your fan club is pissed so i figured youd never read my PM. Finally got around to putting together my computer and nothing, it turns on, but i get no video out now. I am using a Geforce 4 TI4200 now and it turns on, no boot post or video. I put in an old TNT2 also and that will not allow computer to turn on. U put switches on the board for the VAGP and VDIMM i think, you never really told me how to adjust up or down on or off. The PS seems to be working fine but it doesn't fit in my case with that big tower you used for the adjustable voltage. I know you have so much to do, but it seems you either killed my PS or my MB. As this took 6 months for you to do I bought a dell awhile back for the interim, but i finally wanted to get my UGM going and it wont even post today. I may be missing something, but i build comps all the time and cant seem to figure it out, seems to be a dead motherboard that took 6 months for u to do(I may be wrong, maybe i am missing somethin. I cleared the cmos and no luck either. I am very pissed as i waited around for 6 months for this thing and now it doesn't work. Please get back to me ASAP or anyone out there that has any ideas please let me know as I know hell-fire has been gone for some time. Do some searches for my name and youll see all ive been thru(Sierra248 is used name)

I also have a picture of the 2 switches he added, Im gueesing one is VDIMM and the other is VAGP. Though I haven't been able to find out since i got it back from hell-fire.

http://www.streetracing-syndicate.co...oard%20002.jpg

Here is what i had done, all the solder points seem fine, i just get no video from my ti4200 or tnt2 both of which i can put in another computer and there fine.

1. Droop Mod

2. VDIMM Mod

3. VAGP mod

4. The PSU rails and replace the fans with the Vantec Stealths I sent.

5. Im on air so i left it up to him as to wheather to do VCore, not sure if he did or not, but i think that may be the other switch.

As u can tell i am new to all the modding, thats why i sent it to a professional. Problem is I have no idea what he set everyhing at when he sent it to me or what to do to adjust anything.

HELL-FIRE please get back to me, as not only was the 6 month delay not worth it but man, i just put it together today, i put it together with minimum stuff connected, basically just memory vid card and ps, also hooked up just the power button and left all usb and firewire unhooked. One thing I notice is that if i just connect power to my dvd and cd drives they open and close fine with comp on but when i connect the ide cables the cd and dvd drive wont even open, almost like the whole thing is freezing up upon me turning off computer. I
    have reseated the CPU and checked all connections, could u have sent me the ps with too much power or have the droop done worng. I am lost frustrated and ready to buy a new MB. Anyone want to but a never used p4c800-e and aw P4 sl6z5 2.8 that oc to 3.5 on air(Before i sent to Hell-fire) that I paid Hell-Fire 70 bucks to mod?

IF you all have any suggestion other then to call the police which it seems allot of u have for hell-fire to send u back your stuff, one good thing is i got everything, it took 6 months but the work looks good, I got almost all the parts back i sent him problem is it just doesn't work. Maybe its something I'm missing but i been working on it for 8 hours with no luck and its just a bare bones sytem right now.

Any help from anyone would be appreciated.

here u can see what he did to the board. http://www.streetracing-syndicate.co...oard%20002.jpg

Xtreme Member
    wow you really shouldnt be getting mods done like that if you dont know how to use them or adjust them. im guessing the switches are used to enable/disblae the mods. try putting all the switches in the same position then try booting , if nothing put them all in the other position see if it boots. get yourself a mutli meter and see what the readings you get from the appropriate measuring points on the mothereboard ( search youll find were to measure) and see if they match stock readings or are reading higher than stock. if there below stock volts turn the trimmers slightly to increase the voltage , keep taking readings with multi meter till you have desired amounts and see if it boots. if not maybe remove the mods and see if it boots then. also try using a diffrent battery on the motherboard for the cmos

edit: i guess from the pic you posted that the led on the switch board will light up when mods are enabled
    DFI ULTRA-D
    opteron 146 @ 3.0g 1.52v watercooled
    X1800 XT 512MB 700/800

03 13105 01 34118

Xtreme Mentor
    this is why you do your own mods

can you see the light? is it shining too bright? can you see the light at the end of the tunnel, i know i do, i know its true.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Honestly, If Hell-Fire did not give you any information on how to turn on/off mods and adjust voltages, then it's not too good
    Considering that many peeps have their hardware modded and have no clue what to do with it once it's back. But even If you were not able to do mods yourself you still need to know a bit about it... Enough to work with it once someone else does is done with soldering work for ya.

Anyway... Read about the mods HF did to the board, bro. That might give you little bit more information that will help you starting that rig up.

To all of you guys that have probs with HF... Didn't you get any other contact information with him besides PM/email ? Land or cell phone number? I don't think forum's handle and email only are good ways of communication in cases like that.

Quote Originally Posted by blinky
    And why you don't do mods for others...

MSI+A64 4000+ X800XT PE : 39179
    TECHSWEDEN.ORG 3D MARK TEAM

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marquzz
    That's what I was telling HF back then when he decided to start vmodding services... I knew it will bring up problems eventually

Xtreme Member
    Cmon I am not stupid, I know what the mods do and ll, i would just like to get the dam thing running. At this point I wish that I could just go back to stock which it should allow me to do anyway with the switches, but no matter what i try i get nothing, the fans turn on no beeps and no video, if i could just get to the bios i would be able to see whats going on. I am lost no doubt but it should boot up. It did before i sent to hell-fire and worked great, was stupid of me to mod it anyway, just wanted to run cas 2 at my overclock. Was definetly not worth it. I have cdontact info for Hell-Fire and a cashed check by him but i really need this to get to him or at least someone to let me know if they have any ideas. I really dont want to send it back to hell-fire though i will if i have to.

Xtreme Guru
    Umm buddy what mobo is that? If that TNT2 is 3.3V you might have friend it
    i5 750 4.20GHz @ NH-D14 | 8GB | P7P55DLE | 8800U | Indilinx SSD + Samsung F3 | HAF922 + CM750W
    Past: Q6600 @ 3.60 E6400 @ 3.60 | E6300 @ 3.40 | O165 @ 2.90 | X2 4400+ @ 2.80 | X2 3800+ @ 2.70 | VE 3200+ @ 2.80 | WI 3200+ @ 2.75 | WI 3000+ no IHS @ 2.72 | TBB 1700+ @ 2.60 | XP-M 2500+ @ 2.63 | NC 2800+ @ 2.40 | AB 1.60GHz @ 2.60
    Quote Originally Posted by CompGeek
    The US is the only country that doesn't use [nuclear weapons] to terrorize other countries. The US is based on Christian values, unlike any other country in the world. Granted we are straying from our Christian heritage, but we still have a freedom aimed diplomatic stance.

Banned
    I've asked some of the other expert vmodders around here to take a look at this thread and see if they can offer any assistance. Can you post a few more pics please?

Xtreme Member
    Well the only thing it seems it could be would that he must have fried my motherboard. Ive tried 3 diff video cards and 2 diff power supplys and i get nothing, just fans and no beeps or noises. Also if i hook up ide cables and power to the board i cannot open drives, as soon as i unhook id cables the drives will open and function normally as they can while just on, no video or boot, just the mb is on. Can't figure it out, cant believe i am gonna end up spending 300 bucks fopr a modded MB and have to buy a new on to replace the on that hell-fire has had for 6y months. This is BS, anyone know if i have any kind of legal recourse against hell-fire in this situation. I was 2 days from having the police go to his house wehn it had been 6 months but he sent it out that day. Now I have no idea what to do.

IRC Operative
    I believe you may be jumping to conclusions much too quickly, i have nothing btu respect for Hell-Fire and his work, and many people on this forum share my respect, e-mail him and ask instead of jumping to conclusions and seeking legal matter.

Aaron

CPU:
    Intel i5 750 @ 4200mhz 200x21 1.344v
    Cooling:
    Corsair H50
    Mobo:
    Gigabyte P55-US3L
    Memory:
    4GB Corsair XMS3 9-9-9-24
    GFX:
    ASUS HD5850 850/1200 1GB

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Why not grab a volt meter, find some read points and do some exploring? This should enable you to work out if the mods are on or not...
    Going to assume hellfire would have tested the kit before shipping, so maybe try another mobo on the PSU and a different PSU on the same mobo? Could be one or the other thats at fault...
    .:. X2 @ 2.9 .:. E6600 L628 @ 4.73 .:. AB9 @ 512 FSB .:. E6300 @ 100% OC Stable

U.K. overclockers: Represent your country, bench for EP-UK! Unite and show the world there IS a U.K. scene!

Banned
    Hell-fire does first class work.

Xtreme Member
    Yeah let me post some pics up real quick. So you can see what i have done. I really think the board may be dead, or maybe the cpu?

Here are all the pics: The board is a Asus P4c800-E Deluxe:

The PS is an Antec 430

http://www.streetracing-syndicate.co...ard%200022.jpg
    http://www.streetracing-syndicate.co...ard%200062.jpg
    http://www.streetracing-syndicate.co...oard%20019.jpg
    http://www.streetracing-syndicate.co...oard%20029.jpg
    http://www.streetracing-syndicate.co...oard%20037.jpg

Thanks for your help guys, u cant imagine how dissapointed I am.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Hey sierra,

Sup, bro. Ima try to give you a hand here, but since HF decided to make things more complicated adding those damn circuits, I don't know where we gonna get. As a last thing I could do, is to have you send your board to me so I can fix/clean the board for you.
    Do you have a multimeter (MM/voltmeter/whatever you wanna call it)? I also need you to take your board out of the case and take clean close up pics of the mod areas - the ICs where the mods were done.

Xtreme Member
    U may be right, i may be jumping to conclusions, could be something so easy, but getting ahold of hell-fire is harder the getting Pres. Bush on phone.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazoo
    Hell-fire does first class work.
    I'm sure he does, but no support though? Where is he?
    From everything I read this guy bit off a little too much and is having trouble trying to chew it all.

Good luck with getting it running.

Xtreme Vmod mod
    This is all I have managed to work out so fat, but I think this is how the Vagp/Vdimm mods are layed out

Edit: forgot to attatch the picture!
    http://www.drunken-student.co.uk/tom...rd%2520019.jpg
    Last edited by persivore; 03-27-2005 at 12:51 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yes but after just completely fuxoring up my IC7 while doing the VTT mod, I wish I would have just sent the booard over to VJ and have him mod it for me.

But, I have to admit I feel much more prepared now to do solder mods to my next mobo, which I'm hoping is a P4c800-e.

Xtreme Member
    Cut the wires from the 2 trimmers nearest the cpu, tape the ends so they dont short anything out. Those switches are for vdimm and vagp and the vdimm/vagp can be checked at those little blue thingys he glued to the PCI slots. Cut those wires and see if it boots...IMHO its not the psu cause its hard to screw one of those up. Sounds like the board. If it doesnt boot after cutting the wires from the vcore and vdroop mods, then you should go ahead and cut the vdimm and vagp wires. If the board boots after either thing, you at least know it works, and then you can send the board to either me or malves for cleaning up/repair work. The switches/leds arent necessary and make the mods rather cumbersome IMHO, something like that would only be useful on a vido card and i think malves would agree with me on this one. I would repair/clean it for the cost of return shipping, turnaround time prob a week. I dont know what malves has in mind for repair charges but i suggest you send the board to whichever one of us is closest to you to save your wallet. :P IM in OR and hes in MASS. Let us know how it goes.

-CaT
    Send Me Your Broken Hardware! - Repair Parts and vMod Research!
    Need vMods? PM Me!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marquzz
    Not to go off topic but i thought this deserved a seperate post....theres nothing wrong with doing mods for others as long as you back up the work with support and return the boards in a timely fashion. 6 months is REDICULOUS, there is no excuse for that kind of wait. I dont think anybody has a bad word to say about Malves or myself and if they do wed prob like to hear it so we can fix whatever problems. If HF killed the board, he should pay for it, or half of it, whatever his policy stated at the time when he sent the board to him.
    Need vMods? PM Me!

Quote Originally Posted by CaTalyst.X
    Not to go off topic but i thought this deserved a seperate post....theres nothing wrong with doing mods for others as long as you back up the work with support and return the boards in a timely fashion. 6 months is REDICULOUS, there is no excuse for that kind of wait. I dont think anybody has a bad word to say about Malves or myself and if they do wed prob like to hear it so we can fix whatever problems. If HF killed the board, he should pay for it, or half of it, whatever his policy stated at the time when he sent the board to him.

What are your thoughts on a 3 month wait with almost no contact and now no contact? This of course after a promise of a 2 week turnaround.

Doubs

Xtreme Member
    My thoughts on that are unacceptable, if he quoted u 2 weeks, it should have been 2 weeks, and if he encountered problems he should have informed you of the situation.

-CaT
    Need vMods? PM Me!

Xtreme Member
    Honestly your both pretty far. I haven't heared back from Hell-Fire and it sounds like things with him will begin tommorrow, so i would like one of you guys to check to check out my board for me. The soldering seems ok, so it may not be that big a deal, ors its completly dead. I really would like one of u to check out my PS for me too. Its all done by Hellfire, its seems ok, but I am worried that if i get the board back from u and it works the PS may have been the problem, though if Hell-Fire tested it with my board i cant see how it could be. I really appreciate u guys help with this. I am in FLA so Mass is closer but whichever u want. I will be paying u guys for this work, so either give me a fair price or ill guess. Thanks guys

Xtreme Member
    Just a thought: did you happen to look closely at the rest of the board and not just the mods? Sometimes Fedex or whoever shipped it can be pretty rough with packages. Was the mobo packaged properly? You might want to check the rest of the board before you spend more money. Sorry Malves and CaT, I am not trying to rob you of business
    E4300 @ 3.2ghz, 2x1GB Crucial PC-8500, Gigabyte EP45-UD3P, 4850 X-Fire, OCZ Powerstream 520.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast