Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Here we have a fitting waterblock for DFI NF4 !!!

Xtreme 3DTeam Member

Here we have a fitting waterblock for DFI NF4 !!!

Here we go:

and here:

Here is a link to the seller's (Sixtron) forum:

CLICK !!!

Previous system:

DFI NF4 ULTRA 0453A3 KOREA CHIPSET / BIOS 510-2FIX / FX-57 0516WPMW@3.62GHZ / 2x256 CORSAIR 3200LLPT BH-5@13x278MHZ 2-2-2-5@3.69VDIMM / MACH II GT@MOD BY BERKUT / ACTIVE COOLING FOR RAM - MOSFETS - GPU RAM / CHIPSET & GPU CORE WATERCOOLED / OCZ POWERSTEAM 600W / BUILT BY ATI X850XT@660/651 - VGPU@1.73-VDD@2.26-VDDQ@2.21 PENCIL MOD / WIN XP 2x80GB SAMSUNG SPINPOINT SP80 SATA - RAID 0 & WIN 2K 40GB SAMSUNG SPINPOINT SP40 IDE BENCH DRIVE / PIC

----------------><------------------

Xtreme Member
    intresting man

but ill prolly wait till 1a-cooling takes 1 in their product range
    so i can buy it in 1 time as a nice kit...

dont wanne pay 15 euro twice just for transporting that damn watercooling

Xtreme 3DTeam Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastakilla
    intresting man

but ill prolly wait till 1a-cooling takes 1 in their product range
    so i can buy it in 1 time as a nice kit...

dont wanne pay 15 euro twice just for transporting that damn watercooling
    Yep, but I'm sick of waiting for somethin' so I ordered one. BTW quality looks much better than the 1A one - this here is pure copper.
    Previous system:

DFI NF4 ULTRA 0453A3 KOREA CHIPSET / BIOS 510-2FIX / FX-57 0516WPMW@3.62GHZ / 2x256 CORSAIR 3200LLPT BH-5@13x278MHZ 2-2-2-5@3.69VDIMM / MACH II GT@MOD BY BERKUT / ACTIVE COOLING FOR RAM - MOSFETS - GPU RAM / CHIPSET & GPU CORE WATERCOOLED / OCZ POWERSTEAM 600W / BUILT BY ATI X850XT@660/651 - VGPU@1.73-VDD@2.26-VDDQ@2.21 PENCIL MOD / WIN XP 2x80GB SAMSUNG SPINPOINT SP80 SATA - RAID 0 & WIN 2K 40GB SAMSUNG SPINPOINT SP40 IDE BENCH DRIVE / PIC

Overclocking Guru
    Wow, there's no water flow in that thing

OPP

Xtreme 3DTeam Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OPPAINTER

OPP
    Sure there is - speed channels cause pressure for water flow.....
    Previous system:

Overclocking Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by HARDCORECLOCKER
    You can have it

OPP

Xtreme 3DTeam Member
    You can have it

OPP
    When I get board & waterblock we'll see....., BTW I think better than the crappy stock cooler and ANY air cooling and the heat to kill is not as much as on a CPU............
    Previous system:

Overclocking Guru
    When I get board & waterblock we'll see....., BTW I think better than the crappy stock cooler and ANY air cooling and the heat to kill is not as much as on a CPU............
    Well I'm sure it will be, but I think a better interior design would be nice. Maybe larger chanels.

OPP

Xtreme Enthusiast
    in usa this is no good. We use high performance setups with high flowing 1/2" and 3/8" tube...this will kill whole loop flow for no reason..

Who says you need a chipset block anyways? Need I remind you the best 754 board, the DFI and passive cool? OPP puts passive too on his NF4..

What a buzz killer

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yep, but I'm sick of waiting for somethin' so I ordered one. BTW quality looks much better than the 1A one - this here is pure copper.
    i think you're wrong on both counts

a) one half is plain copper (bottom) the other plain brass - ok brass is partially copper, but ... - you can see it in the 1st pic
    b) the speedchannels are kinda ineffective since the space above them is one big hollow area, so why would the water travel faster inside the channels? think cavitation (or whatever it is called), turbulences... mixing with the supposedly slower flowing water in the upper hollow area...

sky / s!p - we are oldskool, dammit.

Overclocking Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by sky
    b) the speedchannels are kinda ineffective since the space above them is one big hollow area, so why would the water travel faster inside the channels? think cavitation (or whatever it is called), turbulences... mixing with the supposedly slower flowing water in the upper hollow area...

I don't even see a hollow area on the top brass part. To me it looks like it sits flush on top of the copper leaveing nothing but the little channels for the water to go through.
    I could be wrong but that's what it looks like to me.

OPP

Xtreme 3DTeam Member
    @ZEBO, SKY & OPP:

Ya're right - but I spent a lot of money for radiator, pump, fans, a.s.o. and so I decided to stay on water for chipset - sure there is no urgent need for, but it has a lot more charme.......

The whole problem is at least to get ANY waterblock for DFI - so ~ $37 is not such a big ammount and in my opinion it's worth the price.

Previous system:

I don't even see a hollow area on the top brass part. To me it looks like it sits flush on top of the copper leaveing nothing but the little channels for the water to go through.
    I could be wrong but that's what it looks like to me.

OPP
    THe O ring wont compress to nothing and that gap will make a small space.

The flow will still be low though.

But there is an easy way to get past this flow problem, just build a bypass loop on your system. The chipset will only need low flow anyway so you wont loose hardly any flow/performance on the rest of your system.

Having said that I dont think that watercooling the chipset will be worth much on NF4 boards, unless your running stupidly high HTT.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebo
    in usa this is no good. We use high performance setups with high flowing 1/2" and 3/8" tube...this will kill whole loop flow for no reason..
    Well yes, in the US it's high flow, in europe it's high tech. Btw., mot european blocks improve in performance with higher flow too. It's just that they don't need that much flow to perform good.
    The reason behind all this was to solve the problem that water cooling needed to be silent, so you can't use a too strong water pump.

Regarding that, one question: From what point on is it considered to be "high flow"? One gallon, maybe two gallons a minute? Or more? For an example, I get 1.3 gallons a minute with my system roughly, using one pump (not much bigger than a 60mm fan) and Tygon tubing with 8mm inner diamter.
    Intel i7 8700k | AsRock Z370 Gaming K6 | G.Skill TridentZ PC4-3200 | Gainward GTX 1080 Phoenix GLH | Seasonic Prime Titanium 650W

Xtreme 3DTeam Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Holst
    THe O ring wont compress to nothing and that gap will make a small space.

The flow will still be low though.

But there is an easy way to get past this flow problem, just build a bypass loop on your system. The chipset will only need low flow anyway so you wont loose hardly any flow/performance on the rest of your system.
    Having said that I dont think that watercooling the chipset will be worth much on NF4 boards, unless your running stupidly high HTT.
    Thats the point, got CPU on phase, RAM & MOSFETS on air and ONLY chipset on water so there is no flow problem for me at all.........
    Previous system:

Xtreme Member
    Thats the point, got CPU on phase, RAM & MOSFETS on air and ONLY chipset on water so there is no flow problem for me at all.........

sorry but were ist the point in cooling the nb with water and the graphiccard (s) not . that sounds really strange for me. (*ok, i know you are not a gamer, but in that case you could have gone for a better aircoolerr (*should also fit*)*).

Xtreme Addict
    That's true. Also you don't need a special water block if there are no two cards, plenty of space with only one installed.
    Intel i7 8700k | AsRock Z370 Gaming K6 | G.Skill TridentZ PC4-3200 | Gainward GTX 1080 Phoenix GLH | Seasonic Prime Titanium 650W

Xtreme Enthusiast
    All NB blocks are pretty useless.... not only on they all flow killers, but no NB ever generates enough heat that a decent NB cooler couldn't handle.

If you want to do it for the "charm" of it, by all means, more power to you.

And personally I disagree that in the US we use high flow as opposed to Europe who uses high tech. I have the highest tech CPU block available (Storm/G4), and it just so happens to perform the best at 1.8GPM or so. Euro blocks (mainly german) are more bling than anything. They are however created to get decent performance at very low flow rates, but do (like american blocks) benefit from higher flow rates as well.

No one but the germans and a few isolated others really understands the weak pump/small tubing/small rad/silent fans/"low flow" approach to water cooling. But then again this is xtreme systems, and "decent cooling" is generally not what people go for. But the germans seem to consider "decent" to be "optimal".
    DFI LP LT X38-T2R
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450
    Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme
    2x2GB OCZ Reaper DDR2 PC8500
    eVGA 9800 GX2
    WD Raptor X 150GB
    PCP&P 750W Silencer
    CM Stacker 830 SE

Xtreme Addict
    Well, if you want "real" cooling, you'll need a cascade or other sub-zero cooling. Watercooling only gives you slightly higher clocks than a good aircooling, so the improvement must be something else: noise reduction. There ain't anything "extreme" in watercooling, at least unless you use a comp to chill the water or something.
    And tell me, how come that the german blocks are at least as good as the US blocks, but can keep a "decent" performance even at low flow rates, a thing that the US blocks can't?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    There is a big difference between the best air cooling and the best water cooling, namely 10-15C. If that isn't enough reason to use watercooling over air, then yes, noise would be the only other concern. And with all the options in watercooling, there are definitely more extreme setups than others. If you want proof, read here.

Well, are you talking the average US block, ala DD TDX/RBX or Swiftech MCW6000/6002? Where do the Little River blocks fit into the equation? They are certainly optimized for great performance at all levels of flow, better than any german block I might add. The Swiftech MCW6000/6002 performs very minutely worse than the best german blocks at very low flow rates.

There are examples of US blocks that work well at low flow rates, but a lot of them are optimized for high flow rates.

The NexXxos XP block is probably the best german block out there at low and high flow rates, but is still only marginally better than the Swiftech MCW6002 at low rates and definitely not as good as the Storm blocks at high flow rates.

I'm not going as far as saying that german blocks are crap, but the german W/C manifesto has long been weak pump/small tubes/small rad/silent fans/"low flow". This results in only "decent" performance even with the best "low flow" german blocks, ala NexXxos XP, etc.

You guys do it like you like it, but don't think it's the end all be all. I've just seen 100 german watercoolers happy with the barely-better-than-good-water-cooling performance just because it's quiet. If that's what floats your boat, then by all means, but don't think there aren't better options when it comes to performance.
    DFI LP LT X38-T2R
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450
    Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme
    2x2GB OCZ Reaper DDR2 PC8500
    eVGA 9800 GX2
    WD Raptor X 150GB
    PCP&P 750W Silencer
    CM Stacker 830 SE

Xtreme Member
    If you look here

http://www.procooling.com/html/pro_testing.php

you will see that the best blocks

Storm (Australian)
    Alphacool (German)
    Swiftech (USA)

are pretty much identical at 0.5 GPM, but the Alphacool and Storm improve significantly with flowrate.....
    Just my 2 cents/ not many Euros at all's worth
    But seriously, I have a design for an NF4 block which would be pretty non-restrictive - equivalent to the flowrate through a few inches of 10mm bore tube. Thing is it needs the distance between the NF4 chip and the bottom of the VGA card to be at least 15 mm. Has anybody measured this? My Ultra-D STILL hasn't arrived, although the 850XT has

Xtreme 3DTeam Member
    O.K. - to clear it definetly:

I'm not going for SLI - my DFI ULTRA will get a single REALTEK 6600 GT Extreme overclocked to 590 / 1340 aircooled (stock cooler is not noisy and has enough power).

My CPU is on phase and I put a 120mm fan right in front of the RAM slots, so on DFI it will also cool down MOSFETS because they're near these slots on DFI NF4 - so no extra fan like I use now on NEO2 is needed.

I do surely know that I can overvclock this board to it's max even with the stock air cooler or a better one - but before I turned to single phase I bought an expensive WC system ( 240mm radiator, 2 x 120mm PAPST fans, Eheim pump, etc.) which I use for chipset cooling since I'm on single phase.

So My only intention is to give the WC system a sense - I don't want to sell it so I decided to use it also in future for chipset cooling.

That's the only reason I bought a new DFI fitting waterblock for it and maybe it keeps the chipset a little cooler than the air cooler.

That's all.
    Previous system:

-100c Club Member
    I am using my Zalman Passive sink cut in various places to accomodate components on GPU with 50mm delta I had from Thermal right heatsink. The surface area, no matter how I look at, is much much bigger than anything else on market that fits on nVidia chipset even after severly cutting down many pins, etc. It is dirt cheap method too. Give it a shot if you can.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.vapoli.com/Images/Forum/vapoli.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Single Stage Work Logs

Quote Originally Posted by killermiller View Post
    Those ccb's will die if you look at them wrong.

heatware: jinu117

Xtreme Member
    doesnt the Z-chipset block of DD fit
    Asus P5B-Deluxe
    Intel Q9650 @ ~4Ghz (still testing)
    3GB Bad Corsair @ ~450 5-5-5-18 (still testing)
    36GB Raptor
    250GB Maxtor
    1TB WD
    X-Fi Gamer

Xtreme Member

OPP
    yup flow killer...
    there must be a better air solution.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast