Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

Thread: *****Official***** DFI NF4 ultra-D first look

Xtreme Enthusiast
    maybe the card is half the way in the slot ...
    if this is your first night in xtremesystems,
    you have to overclock.

Xtreme Member
    Hey Opp, did DFI include a 20 to 24 pin ATX adapter in the box? I want to know if I have to order that seperate from my DFI NF4 DR-SLI purchase.
    FX-57 @ 300x10...3,000 on AIR!
    DFI NF4 DR-SLI
    Gskill pc4400 1 gig
    2x6800 Ultras
    2x74gig Raptor Raid "O"
    PCP&C 510 SLI

Overclocking Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Blindbat
    That's also an SLI board OPP that A_G is using, now at stake is : Is the board he has a pre-release board ( possible ) and final board ( which I think u said u have ) somehow, somewhere components shifted by design ~ darn puzzling this one.
    All I know about this board is it came in the box with all the goodies like a real one. I also know they did some mods on it before they sent it so it can't be mass production.

There are only 2 ways they would have to do things to modify this board, a lower H/F or taller PCI-E x16 slots. Taller slots would throw the card mounting bractet out of alignment though.
    Frankly I don't care about the Chipset heatsink, I always change them anyway.

OPP

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kraggy
    Hey Opp, did DFI include a 20 to 24 pin ATX adapter in the box? I want to know if I have to order that seperate from my DFI NF4 DR-SLI purchase.
    DFI tech support already stated they will NOT support 20 to 24 (or very close to similar comments), they insist that an ATX 12 PSU be used, and all 24 pins connected.

Check dfi-street on that one.

Look in this thread:
    http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/show...&pagenumber=35

Overclocking Guru
    I was useing the 5v jumper for memory last night.
    It works good, it ran my VX at 3.65 without problems.

OPP

Xtreme Lusitanian
    that's good news
    Mother Tongue speaks to me in the strangest way I ever seen, I know she sees in me the proudest child ... virando costas ao mundo orgulhosamente sos, gloria antiga volta a nos" - MOONSPELL
    Who are you to criticize, to judge and burn the tribes, the world will be extinct and your flesh will rot with mine - SEPULTURA

XS WCG

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OPPAINTER

There are only 2 ways they would have to do things to modify this board, a lower H/F or taller PCI-E x16 slots. Taller slots would throw the card mounting bractet out of alignment though.
    OPP
    Or move the darn chipset away from that stupid location ! With plenty of experience from 754 boards for example, one would think manufacturer would have learned something there.

(as for final board, sorry I think Tony said that he had final board, I guess I assumed same for you )

Xtreme Member
    I was useing the 5v jumper for memory last night.
    It works good, it ran my VX at 3.65 without problems.

OPP
    Running hot in that corner of that bridge even with the h/s on the mofset? fan required or suggested when on 5 volts setting?

Overclocking Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Blindbat
    Running hot in that corner of that bridge even with the h/s on the mofset? fan required or suggested when on 5 volts setting?
    I'm not useing a fan over there and every thing seems ok.

OPP

Overclocking Guru
    As far as the chipset heatsink It may have a problem because I'm useing my cascade on the CPU.
    When I tighten down the evap it bows the mobo a tad, this may be bending it enough to make the gpu card touch the chipset.
    Someone on a air setup will have to try it.

OPP

Xtreme Member
    I'm not useing a fan over there and every thing seems ok.

OPP
    Ah well that is also good news then, there was some mixed comments about that even from Oscar it seems.

Charcoal or propane?
    I sure hope what OPP said above is correct. Time for me to stop speculating and trust that DFI will have everything worked out for the release.

Banned
    Opp make yourself one of these.
    http://www.jason57.iwarp.com/msineo2/o.jpg

use #6 bolts and since the holes are just big enough in the mobo for #6 make sure you drill accurate. after you do the 9 holes place the mobo in the support and make 2 #6 holes where you would use the hold down then apply 2 3in #6 bolts to the board with the exact same height as the stand offs with the washers and so on so it looks like this
    http://www.jason57.iwarp.com/msineo2/s.jpg

add some foam like this
    http://www.jason57.iwarp.com/msineo2/r.jpg

install it and get this
    http://www.jason57.iwarp.com/msineo2/p.jpg
    http://www.jason57.iwarp.com/msineo2/q.jpg

I gaurt you nothings going to warp at all as I uses some massive force now wihtout any issues.. If you get my design right you could add 200lbs force to the chip wihtout a warp anywhere.

I had issues rem and I think this was my cure.

Xtreme 3DTeam Member
    As far as the chipset heatsink It may have a problem because I'm useing my cascade on the CPU.
    When I tighten down the evap it bows the mobo a tad, this may be bending it enough to make the gpu card touch the chipset.
    Someone on a air setup will have to try it.

OPP
    Let's see some results - did You already bench the board ???

Previous system:

DFI NF4 ULTRA 0453A3 KOREA CHIPSET / BIOS 510-2FIX / FX-57 0516WPMW@3.62GHZ / 2x256 CORSAIR 3200LLPT BH-5@13x278MHZ 2-2-2-5@3.69VDIMM / MACH II GT@MOD BY BERKUT / ACTIVE COOLING FOR RAM - MOSFETS - GPU RAM / CHIPSET & GPU CORE WATERCOOLED / OCZ POWERSTEAM 600W / BUILT BY ATI X850XT@660/651 - VGPU@1.73-VDD@2.26-VDDQ@2.21 PENCIL MOD / WIN XP 2x80GB SAMSUNG SPINPOINT SP80 SATA - RAID 0 & WIN 2K 40GB SAMSUNG SPINPOINT SP40 IDE BENCH DRIVE / PIC

----------------><------------------

Ok, I hereby make a public apology for misunderstanding and overreacting to TicTac´s post.

TicTac, I am sorry.

The thing that I hanged on to was the affiliated part, I just wanted to make it clear what it means and obviously it appeared to be a bit too strong or even a childish/nerdy response. I don´t usually try to mitigate things if I have been an ass but all I can say at the moment is this is a trying time for me IRL, it would have propably been best if I hadn´t posted at all...

About trusting a DFI employee who is also a PR person directly in contact with the core usergroup of DFI´s products, the enthusiasts? Considering the seriousness of this possible design flaw, if he says that a particular videocard, in this case an ATI Radeon X850 XT PE (A reference design) fits the board (Physically the same as reference design and a production board) then I have a tendency to believe him, yes...

This is a thing that can be easily proven in seconds if a person has the required components so why would he lie? He would upset a quite a lot of people by doing that and besides, DFI would loose an assload of core usergroups customers for a long time if it really were true. (And looking at the recent information it seems that it is a close fit but the cards mount as they are supposed to...) I also seem to remember calling for further info before beheading DFI, i.e. which card model from which manufacturer etc. didn´t fit? Just trying to alleviate panic, that´s all...

P.s. I don´t equate a post count with anything else than the number of posts a person has made with that particular nick. Ok? It was not my particular intention to piss on anyones shoes, quite the contrary.

If anyone wants to discuss this with me further there is always the PM option... Don´t want to pollute this thread with any more off topic posts... k?

Overclocking Guru
    Some pictures.

OPP

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 047.gif 
Views:	3645 
Size:	152.4 KB 
ID:	22925   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 048.gif 
Views:	3401 
Size:	189.8 KB 
ID:	22926  

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Clearly, the board is bent and thus the video card touches the cooling on the NB. The original cooling that is

Xtreme Mentor
    Just heard that the boards that are coming in Monday to DFI are going to be bios or otherwise updated before shipping, so may be delayed a couple days.
    {2012 27imac-3.4i7-680mx-32gb ram-768SSD+External TB Samsung840pro ssd + TB velociraptors-Moto828mkIII/Marantz/Amphion Sound-HPzR30w 2nd monitor}

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xgman
    Just heard that the boards that are coming in Monday to DFI are going to be bios or otherwise updated before shipping, so may be delayed a couple days.
    LOL... I'll bet it's end of Feburary before we can even hunt these down. But, thats the price you pay for new technology.

Thanks for the update though!

Xtreme Member
    OPP- could you do me a massive favour?
    Measure the distance between the bottom of the ATI card and the top of the NF4 chipset. Trying to find a waterblock that will fit...... Guess I may wind up machining my own
    Thanks!
    Geoff

the jedi master
    Guys I have an X850 here and it fits with NO mods. Check the pics.

Last edited by Tony; 06-20-2008 at 01:45 PM.
    Got a problem with your OCZ product....?
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Tuning PC's for speed...Run whats fast, not what you think is fast

Xtreme Member
    Is this a new fan? Different to the ones I've seen before..
    Still quite like to watercool it
    So curious to know that distance...

Xtreme Member
    Ya ta boy, thank you Tony!

Sorry for board warping OPP...

Xtreme Cruncher
    That is quite a close fit there bigtoe...

choseone committed murder over his board! Look at all the blood everywhere!!! CALL THE POLICE

LOL....what is that stuff? it looks funny. btw nice motherboard mount. It looks very professional
    3570K ● Asus V Gene ● 8GB Mushkin DDR3-2133 ● EVGA 660 Ti SC ● Seasonic X750 ● 128GB Samsung 830 SSD & External 1TB RAID1

SupremeFX SPDIF -> MHDT Constantine DAC -> Darkvoice 336i Tube Amplifier -> AKG K701

Overclocking Guru
    Here's some 3d at 13x266 with OCZ VX max 2-2-2 timings, 800XT at 520/560 clocks.

Not bad, with some windows tweaks could be better.
    CPU is gunna limit the fun though, not a good overclocker even with voltage.

OPP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3d.gif 
Views:	1591 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	22936  

Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast