Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: 6800 Ultras from Newegg for $325.

Xtreme 3D Mark Team Staff

6800 Ultras from Newegg for $325.

ok, heres the deal.
    EVGA started selling 6800 Non Ultras. a special kind, called the limited edition.
    it comes with GDDR3, and the extra molex just like the 6800 ultra.

the card comes with 16 pipelines by default.
    nope, I ain't saying that wrong, its a 6800 Non Ultra, with 16 pipelines and 6 vertex shaders by default.

lastly, the cards got 1.6 NS ram, which is exactly like the 6800 ultra does, and is faster then the 2.0 NS ram on the 6800 GT.

lastly, newegg has this card clocked wrong in the details.
    it's not a 325/700 card.
    its clocked at 325/1100.

so that means, this card is exactly like a 6800 Ultra, except it's down clocked from 400 mhz to 325.
    with alittle overclocking on the core, this card would be exactly the same as a 6800 Ultra.

go the NVplanet and read about this card.
    go to the Anandtech forums and read about this card.
    read the reviews in this link I am about so show you.

this card is a downclocked 6800 Ultra, it's got 99% of the stuff a 6800 ultra does, right down to the smallest detail on the resistors.
    thats something even a 6800 GT doesn't have.

this cards probably being sold for a short time, hence the "limited edition" name.
    so if you want one, this card is definatly worth looking into.

I have a Asus gamers edition 6800 that is modded to a 16 pipeline, 6 vertex shader card, clocked at 415/1175 so far.
    these modded 6800 Ultras, can easily match the 6800 Ultra.

if you got the money, and want a 6800 ultra, seriously take a look at this card. cause it's the real deal.
    I don't know how long it will last at this price, but if you don't believe me, just go to some forums.
    read.
    theres lots of people posting about these cards, and NVplanet just did a review of it I hear (I haven't look at it yet)

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...130-212&depa=1

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...highlight=evga

http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...&enterthread=y

it's a pretty amazing deal, and you save a good $200 on these.

"The command and conquer model," said the EA CEO, "doesn't work. If you think you're going to buy a developer and put your name on the label... you're making a profound mistake."

Xtreme Member
    Sounds awesome, i really need a new video card but i dont know if i can splurge 325 on one

Xtreme Member
    I can and did! thanks Kunaak!
    www.heatware.com
    www.trollhunters.com

I use them, do you?

Having old friends is like having a yardstick to measure your progress in life by -Dale

Xtreme Enthusiast
    ADKAWOKDAKF

right when i buy a 9800pro for a coworker this deal pops up!! all i need is 30 more dollars in my account and i could order it tonight, but noo gotta wait a day for him to pay me back

hope they dont run out soon

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I just got one , i ordered with 2nd day shiping , so Thursday or Friday i gonna post whats the deal with mine.

Me toooooo
    Ultra-D | Opti 165 @ 2.7 | 2x1 Gb G-Skill | XFX 7900GT | 2005FPW | FSP 400W

I look forward to the results any one can post from this card.
    it's just too damn good, but with so many people saying what they said so far, on the various forums, it's just too damn hard to ignore.

I certainly hope it's as good as it sounds so far.
    I just got my RMA 6800 from Asus today, but had I been looking for a card, this is the one I would have bought.

"The command and conquer model," said the EA CEO, "doesn't work. If you think you're going to buy a developer and put your name on the label... you're making a profound mistake."

Xtreme Mentor
    Thanks Kunnak, Sold!!! I overnighted so Thursday i'll have some results.

Dont even ask where i've been!!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Kunaak , i hope you are wright dude... if its true , this gonna be the DEAL for this year....
    But as you said .... everything is the same...

Xtreme Member
    Bought one too. look at the box. It's exactly the same, it looks as if theres a sticker over the ultra text!
    http://images10.newegg.com/productim...130-196-06.JPG

http://images10.newegg.com/productim...130-212-05.JPG
    Last edited by CTKP; 10-19-2004 at 08:49 PM.

jesus ted, how do you buy so much stuff?

I think in just about every post I see you bought something, like 8 PSU's, ram, videocards, CPU's...

either you cycle through hardware 10 times faster then I do, or your really bill gates

Xtreme Mentor
    My friends call me Ted Gates. I have a small computer shop as a few of you know. Im a ebay power seller, Minimum $5k in sales a month. I spent $140k in computer parts last year. But i mostly do support and service for a lot of local business, keeping them up. Video stores mostly, I got hooked up with one, now i take care of them all. You wouldnt believe how oftent Video rental store computers break.

But a lot of calls are stupidity. Im the cheapest around. I Charge $65 per hour and i make house calls. Hour minimum. My favorite call Last week the Blonde lady manager calls from one of the Video Adventure stores. Says nothing is coming on the screen on one of the terminals and leaves me a message to come straight down.

I get there, she goes in the back for something. I push the power button on the front of the monitor. I have paper work for her to sign her name too that it was an emergency call $90 for the visit. Then i turn it into the head office. but it's not always that easy, When a store goes down, they actaully have to start writing everythign down on paper till the servers back up. And just about ever store is running on some Cisco server with a Pentium 1!!! running some DOS "Specific software" that's only for video store management.

Somehow through the years i got a hell of a lot word of mouth i ended up selling a lot of new computers. When i see a deal I stock up, I'll sell it in customers rigs, Ebay or put the stuff in my folding farm.

You buy quite a few things yourself Kunaak?? Maybe your Steve Job's or your robbing convienience stores to pay for that Computer "HABIT"/ Addiction!!!!

Xtreme Member
    Ted you sound like a smart guy, could you send me your ebay name? I might buy a vid card or somethin from you

XS Local
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerhskate
    Ted you sound like a smart guy, could you send me your ebay name? I might buy a vid card or somethin from you

He's alot smarter then he gets credit or even noticed for.

Opteron 175 Dual Core CCBWE 0544XPMW @2.3ghz 1.41v
    DFI SLI-DR Expert 11-25 Bios
    G-Skill 1gb GH UTT @210 2-2-2-5
    BFG 7800GT OC 485/1170 NV 5rev3
    74gb Raptor 300gb Maxtor 500gb Hitachi
    OCZ 520w SLI 3.46v 5.16v 12.64v
    Thermaltake CL-P0114 Big Typhoon
    3dmark01 3dmark05
    Heatware

Xtreme Member
    New Egg is sold out ....

Xtreme Member
    ooh. Mine shipped out at 2pm

Xtreme Mentor
    I use the same name on every forum everywhere since 1996!! I worry about people with more than one internet name.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...me=STRK:ME:UFS

I did pretty good on all the BH5 i had and sold!!!

VIDEO CARD SOLD OUT!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I was going to order more!!! Ouch!!!

Im building a killer gaming rig for someone by this weekend and I counted on that card!!! Dam, im going to have to give mine up!!! I gave my word he would have a 30k 3dmark rig!!!

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissolved
    He's alot smarter then he gets credit or even noticed for.

TY!!! Must buy Dissolved a drink one day!!!

They are back in stock at newegg!
    I am contemplating.
    New Gaming Box FINISHED (Windows 7 pro 64 bit):
    Antec 300|AMD Phenom II 965 Black Edition C3 3.4ghz|Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus|4gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)|Sapphire Radeon 5770 (Juniper XT) 1 GB|750 GB WD Caviar Black|Cambridge Soundworks 5.1 System|Logitech G15|Logitech MX500

Sooo , any results yet ?!?
    Mine is coming the day after tommorow , but I'll be glad to hear some good stuff about the card :
    Ultra-D | Opti 165 @ 2.7 | 2x1 Gb G-Skill | XFX 7900GT | 2005FPW | FSP 400W

Xtreme Member
    im too scared to do it, since it could be a reject card
    3800+ Manchester @ 2.5ghz on an Asus A8N-SLI, 1024mb Corsair XMS 2 3 2 6, 7800GT SLI

Xtreme Mentor
    geeze 65$/hour...
    ASUS P5K-E // E8400 Q746A519
    G.Skill F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ
    LC 550W GP// XPERTVISION 9600GT

Ted, I get alot of hardware, and can basically say I have a completly different PC (except my good old Kingston 3500 which has served me well since january 200 ) about ever 2 weeks, from CPU to down to the videocard.
    very few things do I actually keep.
    but I sure can't say I ever bought 8 PSU's at a time, or bought a $300 videocard for the hell of it, haha.

strangly, you and I sound alot alike.
    I builld People PC's alot, I made a $490 order for my sister a few days ago.
    then this evening I made a $1300 dollar order for a video editing computer for my friend caleb.
    I also repair computers, but with no official business, just word of mouth, and little adds on bullitin boards at the college and malls here.
    I say this for my charges.

"20 an hour, if I can't fix the problem I don't get paid"

so far, I never came across something I couldn't fix.
    so I do ok, every few weeks getting a few hundred here and there randomly for my free time. it's not bad, considering I am at the moment a starving college kid.

Any results with this card yet? I 'm kinda skeptical.
    New Gaming Box FINISHED (Windows 7 pro 64 bit):
    Antec 300|AMD Phenom II 965 Black Edition C3 3.4ghz|Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus|4gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)|Sapphire Radeon 5770 (Juniper XT) 1 GB|750 GB WD Caviar Black|Cambridge Soundworks 5.1 System|Logitech G15|Logitech MX500

Xtreme Addict
    Sounds too good to be true
    Wolfdale e8400es @4.5Ghz / Ultra-120 Extreme
    2GB Ballistix @ 589Mhz 4-4-4-x @ 2.5V - SPI 32M
    *** Motherboards tested: DFI Blood Iron (current), Asus P5K3-dlx, DFI P965-S, P5B-Dlx, DFI RD600, Bad Axe 2, EVGA 680i, DS3 and P5W DH ***
    Fan modded Zippy 850W, 500GB 7200.11 and EVGA 8800GTX @678/1062

Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast