Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: OCZ DDR Diagnostic Booster Works on these Motherboards.

Xtreme 3D Mark Team Staff

Arrow OCZ DDR Diagnostic Booster Works on these Motherboards.

instead of making multiple topics saying, the OCZ booster works on such and such motherboard, I was thinking it would be best to make a little database of the boards in one post.

if it works on your board, please post it here, so people can find all the necessary information in one post.

post any impressions or issues you have with the DDR booster on your particular motherboard.
    but like always, screenshots make for some good eye candy to show how well its really working with your motherboard

UPDATE 7-11-2005

all motherboards listed in this list have been mentiond to work by someone in this thread. the official list can be found at OCZ's website, this is a unofficial list, just user feedback.

this is the most up to date list, as of July 2nd, 2005, from the feedback posted here in this post.

MSI

k8n neo platinum.
    K8N Neo2 Platinum

Epox

8RDA
    8RDA ver. 1.1
    8RDA3+

Abit.

Abit NF7-s rev2
    AN7
    IS7-e
    IC7-G (worked for some, but not for me)
    Av8
    AS8

Gigabyte.

K8NS pro
    K8NSXP-939
    K8N nonPRO
    K8NSNXP
    k8Ns Ultra 939
    GA-K8NF-9

Asus.

P4C800-E
    A7V880
    P4C800 Deluxe
    Asus P4P800-E
    P4P800SE
    k8n-e
    SK8V
    A8V

DFI

DFI nForce2 Lan Party Rev. A
    DFI NF3 Ultra 250 GB.
    DFI nf4 all models

Random.

Soltek qubic 3801
    Chaintech VNF3-250
    Chaintech VNF4 Ultra
    shuttle an51r
    Jetway A210GDMS. (Volts up to 3.9v. Dual-channel works with booster in slot 4.)
    Last edited by Kunaak; 07-11-2005 at 12:57 PM.

"The command and conquer model," said the EA CEO, "doesn't work. If you think you're going to buy a developer and put your name on the label... you're making a profound mistake."

Tyler Durden
    I know some moron is gonna say this...so I'll stop it before they say it.
    Yes he knows OCZ has a compatibility list for motherboards that work with the DDR Booster. However, we as overclockers have lots of motherboards that they have either yet to try or may never try, therefore this thread can be a place to find out if your motherboard will work with the booster even if the OCZ list does not list it in any form.

Nice thread kunaak...wish I could contribute in a meaningful way.

Xtreme Member
    • AMD X2 Manchester 3800+ @ 2.8ghz 1.6v
    • DFI Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D
    • ATI Radeon X800XL PCIe 256mb
    • 2x1GB PC3200 2.5-3-3-7
    • 2x250GB Seagate Barracuda Raid0
    • 1x120GB WD Caviar Sata
    • OCZ Powerstream 420w
    • nSpire 601AE Aluminium Case
    • Watercooled with Swiftech Storm | Maze4GPU | Weapon Shroud/2-302 core | 2x120mm Sanyo Denkis | Swiftech mcp600

I just want to know if the OCZ DDR Booster works with A64 mobos.

Im planning to get perhaps the Asus A8V Deluxe and wondering if the DDR Booster works with that mobo

Xtreme Member
    as he posted my thread abovie it works with the k8n neo platinum.
    i7 980x 4.6ghz 1.35v
    asus formula
    3x 2gb corsair
    2x580gtx sli

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Works on 8RDA

When I get my A7V880 back from RMA again I'll find out if it works on that.
    Take out your ex tonight... one bullet should do it.

I've effectively killed my sig because it is no longer accurate. Oh well!

A64 3200+ Newcie
    2x512 OCz PC3500 GX
    DFI NF3 250gb LPUT
    No Name 9700 that refuses to die!

hope somebody finds out soon if it works on 8KDA3+, cause i want a booster..
    A64 3000+
    Epox 8KDA3+
    OCZ 3700EB
    Vapochill LS
    Antec 430w TP

The only ORB-Owning Camel On XS
    Abit NF7-s rev2

need to mod the HS's to fit in DIMM #1 (closest to CPU)

with booster in #1 and mem in 2&3 it runs dual channel

ive only "played" with this for a few hours so some of this might "work itself out" but here are a few things ive noticed so far...

when first turned on, the "ON" light and CDrom lights are on (but dim) i have to "turn it off" by holding the power button in for 5 sec, then once the dim lights go off, the power button (and PC) works like normal.

the "kill the PSU & hit the power button" trick, to get past the NF7-s's 2-tone siren and get to a BIOS screen (after going too far on the OC) DOSNT work. (must get this "trick" to work!)

i havent been able to clear CMOS (unplug, jumper, wait...) with the booster still installed. i needed to remove it from the DIMM and then it would clear. (quite a PITA!)

OC: mem (Mushkin BH-5) that wouldnt go higher than 225 FSB (2,2,2,11) 2.9V in BIOS was priming @ 240 FSB (2,2,2,11) ... booster = 2.9v...

ANYONE using this booster, do you use MBM?
    the voltmeter named "core 1" seems to be the mem V.
    what does your core1 read and what do you have the booster set to?

mine: booster = 2.9v , core1 = 3.38v (load: 3.34v - 3.00v)

without the booster i got: BIOS = 2.9 v , core1 = 2.96v (load: ?)

i dont plan on going any higher till i KNOW the MBM #'s are BS...

final thought: OCZ
    JoeCamel is FOLDing for... A CURE!!! 70+Ghz (please fold so i dont have to quit smoking. j/k)

6800 EX Conroe @ 4740 MHz (395 x 12) - - Dry-Ice in The Camel Pipe -
    - X1900 CrossFire - - @ 846/945 -- MachII cooled Slave XTX - mOUSE-pOT cooled Master -
    - ASUS P5W-DH -- V-Mods: MCH, V-Core, V-Dimm - - 700w "Mr Zippy" PSU
    - Corsair XMS 6400 CAS3 - 2x gig @ 494 MHz 4-4-3-1

Bulletproof
    Should be a read point on the board somewhere. I wouldn't expect it to have changed due to this product. CAREFULLY poke it with a multimeter with the other point on ground.

MBM5 read my nf7-s vdimm pretty well if I recall.
    Only the stupidest humans believe that the dogma of relative filth is a defense.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    K8NSpro works.

Had some problems posting with 2 sticks and the booster at 200mem. Got it working though by booting at 266mem with one stick, then adding the second, then changing to 200mem. Was at 3.5v but haven't tried any higher due to the internal mem controller on the A64.

Also the P4C800-E works awesome!
    | MSI K8N Diamond Plus | WaterCooled A64X2 4200+ | 2x1024 PC4000 EB Plat | 2x BFG 7800GT | Maxtor DMax 10 SATA 250gb 16mb cache & 200gb 8 mb cache| OCZ 700watt GamerXtreme PSU | Plextor 716SA DL DVDRW

HeatWare

Xtreme Mentor
    Originally posted by Catalyst2211
    I just want to know if the OCZ DDR Booster works with A64 mobos.

Im planning to get perhaps the Asus A8V Deluxe and wondering if the DDR Booster works with that mobo
    Here is what Driverheaven.net said in their review:

"Asus A8V - this board since its been released has had some issues with DDR voltage and the board I have tested frequently wont post with any RAM setting other than AUTO in the bios. I had some success with Corsair XL memory but overall system stability was still poor. Ram had to be used in slots 2 and 4 with the booster in slot 3. With the booster overall system performance was improved and I was able to push the ram to 3+ volts with wonderful results."

I didn't have as much success and In slot 3 the booster touches the ram in slot 2 and gets so f'in hot . . .
    {2012 27imac-3.4i7-680mx-32gb ram-768SSD+External TB Samsung840pro ssd + TB velociraptors-Moto828mkIII/Marantz/Amphion Sound-HPzR30w 2nd monitor}

Xtreme Mentor
    Originally posted by Lithan
    Should be a read point on the board somewhere. I wouldn't expect it to have changed due to this product. CAREFULLY poke it with a multimeter with the other point on ground.

MBM5 read my nf7-s vdimm pretty well if I recall.
    isn't pin one of any ram slot a reliable read point?
    {2012 27imac-3.4i7-680mx-32gb ram-768SSD+External TB Samsung840pro ssd + TB velociraptors-Moto828mkIII/Marantz/Amphion Sound-HPzR30w 2nd monitor}

Xtreme Infrastructure Eng
    Originally posted by LikwidKool
    Also the P4C800-E works awesome!
    Thats good to know

Nice thread Kunaak.
    Less is more.

AMD Fanboy
    for some of these board dont you have to do the vtt mod to keep it up with the vdimm though?
    Dell Studio XPS16... no desktop
    yes i have AIM, yes you can send me a message. EvilSpork3 i dare you.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Originally posted by Evil_Spork
    for some of these board dont you have to do the vtt mod to keep it up with the vdimm though?
    only if the board's vtt doesn't already track vdimm correctly like some Abit board's. That is a board problem, and the booster cannot fix that.

With the K8NSpro, and P4C800-E vtt tracks vddr perfectly!
    | MSI K8N Diamond Plus | WaterCooled A64X2 4200+ | 2x1024 PC4000 EB Plat | 2x BFG 7800GT | Maxtor DMax 10 SATA 250gb 16mb cache & 200gb 8 mb cache| OCZ 700watt GamerXtreme PSU | Plextor 716SA DL DVDRW

HeatWare

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Code:
       Manufacturer           Motherboard        Max Voltage          Tested Compatible? 
           Abit                  KV8                n/a                        No 
           Abit                  IC7                3.6V                       Yes 
           Abit                  IC7 MAX3           3.4V                       Yes 
           Abit                  AN7                3.4V                       Yes 
           Abit                  IT7 MAX2           2.8V                       Yes 
           Abit                  AI7                3.4V                       Yes (use Dimm slot 3) 
           Abit                  NF7 V 2            3.4V                       Yes 
          Asus                   A7N8X              2.8V                       No 
          Asus                   P4S533             3.4V                       Yes 
          Asus                   P4P800             3.4V                       Yes 
          Asus                   P4C800-E           3.6V                       Yes 
          Asus                   P4R800-VM          3.4V                       Yes 
          Asus                   K8V                3.4V                       Yes 
         Aopen                   AK89Max            3.4V                       Yes 
        Biostar                  P4VTB              3.4V                       Yes 
        Biostar                  K8NHA Pro          3.4V                       Yes 
     Chaintech                   VNF3-250           3.6V                       Yes 
     Chaintech                   ZNF3-250           3.4V                       Yes 
     Chaintech                   ZNF3-150           3.4V                       Yes 
            DFI                  875LP Rev.B        3.1V                       Yes 
            DFI                  865 PE             3.4V                       Yes 
            DFI                  nforce2            3.3V                       No 
          Epox                   4PCA3              3.0V                       No 
            FIC                  875 Dynasty        3.1V                       No 
            FIC                  P4M-RJ300          n/a                        No 
      Gigabyte                   K7 Triton          3.4V                       Yes 
      Gigabyte                   K8NNXP             3.4V                       Yes 
            MSI                  865 PE Neo         3.4V                       Yes 
            MSI                  875 P Neo          3.4V                       Yes 
            MSI                  K7N2               3.3V                       Yes 
            MSI                  K8T Neo            3.4V                       Yes (can only fit 1 DDR) 
        Shuttle                  AN50R              n/a                        No 
         Soltek                  SL-865PE           3.0V                       TBD (will not boost over 3.0)
    http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews/OCZDDRbooster/

Xtreme Member
    Has anyone tried it in a IC7-Max3 without the VTT mod?
    |-| 2.8C @ 3.5GHZ - 250FSB|-| 1GB Corsair XMS PC3500 @ 2-5-2-2 |-| IC7-Max3 |-| MCX478-V |-|
    |-| PNY 6800 GT @ 427/1160 |-| AudiGy 2 Sound Card |-| Logitech's Z560's |-| 19" NEC FP912SB |-|
    |-| 3DMark01: 23125|-|

Xtreme X.I.P.
    see above post :P

I'll be able to tell if this works on a IC7 here in a few days.
    I have a DDR booster coming, and my only motherboard is a IC7.

even if it doesn't work, I figure it's just a good piece of hardware to have for other boards.

"The command and conquer model," said the EA CEO, "doesn't work. If you think you're going to buy a developer and put your name on the label... you're making a profound mistake."

Xtreme X.I.P.
    what makes you think it might not work on your boards when driverheaven already tested it on the same board and it worked?

Xtreme Legend
    Anyone tested on K8NSNXP-S939?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    What if the mobo doesn't track vtt at all?
    Take out your ex tonight... one bullet should do it.

I've effectively killed my sig because it is no longer accurate. Oh well!

A64 3200+ Newcie
    2x512 OCz PC3500 GX
    DFI NF3 250gb LPUT
    No Name 9700 that refuses to die!

Originally posted by saaya
    what makes you think it might not work on your boards when driverheaven already tested it on the same board and it worked?
    well, people often wonder if it will work, cause of the VTT issue.
    to do the mod to an IC7 you need to do both a VDimm and VTT mod to get above about 3 volts.

I assume people wonder if it is will work, cause of the VTT issue with the IC7.
    if it doesn't in some way change the VTT voltage, then getting 3.9 volts may not matter, cause it would be unstable voltage past about 2.8 volts.
    thats my experience with the Vdimm mod of this board, if not using the VTT mod.

it will be interesting to see if the DDR booster somehow works around the VTT.
    I am fairly confident it will, assuming it's been tested and such.

I guess people just want, "real world" feedback, cause we all know about the VTT and how it affects the Vdimm of the IC7.

Originally posted by xgman
    Here is what Driverheaven.net said in their review:

"Asus A8V - this board since its been released has had some issues with DDR voltage and the board I have tested frequently wont post with any RAM setting other than AUTO in the bios. I had some success with Corsair XL memory but overall system stability was still poor. Ram had to be used in slots 2 and 4 with the booster in slot 3. With the booster overall system performance was improved and I was able to push the ram to 3+ volts with wonderful results."

I didn't have as much success and In slot 3 the booster touches the ram in slot 2 and gets so f'in hot . . .

You have the Asus A8V? Can you elaborate more on the problem?

And yeah, I would like to know also if the booster works on the other 939 mobos

Updated Compatibility chart is up on OCZ's site now. Seems to have a few more boards listed than previously before...including a 939 board:

Compatibility Chart

Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast