Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DFI roadmap through Q4 2007

Xtreme Addict

DFI roadmap through Q4 2007

Don't know if this was posted anywhere yet. Came from DFI in my mailbox. Posted only relevant slides to future products (ie left out p965 and platform overview slides).

Who's excited about a yellow PCB?
    That is all.

Peace and love.

Xtreme Member
    Make sure to add 4 months to each one, as dictated by DFI protocol.
    Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4ghz
    eVGA 680i Rev. A1
    2x1gb Crucial Ballistix DDR2-1066 PC2-8500
    eVGA 8800GTX
    Seagate Barracuda 320gb
    WD Caviar 320gb
    FSP Epsilon 700w

Xtreme Monster
    So Intel will still be using crossfire after all in its upcoming chipsets.

Xtreme Addict
    Yep, Crossfire and physics (APP) support.

I'd personally say it's more like a month or two, knowing DFI. It seems like when they plan a launch date is usually when the samples start to appear, with availability trickling a month or so later. I do feel your pain though on DFI's launches which leave a lot to be desired...I want my DFI P35 ASAP so I can finally upgrade my rig. That being said, whenever the P35 boards launch, the DX10 battle between between AMD and Nvidia should finally be sorted out with prices evening out on the R(v)6xx series...So I suppose that isn't a terrible thing.

I wonder what the price difference between the INF and LP will be...The Inf P965 looks pretty sexay, hopefully the p35 will follow suit. I wouldn't mind giving up the LP color scheme and extras in my next build if it's on par bios/performance-wise with what they did with the P965.
    Last edited by turtle; 04-03-2007 at 07:54 PM.
    That is all.

Peace and love.

Xtreme Addict
    where'd you see yellow? I must be overlooking it. If'n it's true, I'll take it.

Ryan
    "Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Abit IP35 Pro
    Intel Core 2 Quad 6600 @ 3200 w/ Tuniq Tower
    2x2gb A-Data DDR2 800
    AMD/ATi HD 4870

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by FghtinIrshNvrDi View Post
    where'd you see yellow? I must be overlooking it. If'n it's true, I'll take it.

Ryan
    RX780 for AM2+ - Yellow PCB.
    P35-T2 (low-end) - Yellow PCB

Granted, the RX780 looks pretty neutered next to the 790, and the Infinity and Lan Party P35's look much more appealing.

Safe guess to say AM2+ is launching in September? Makes sense to me DFI would try to launch the 790 alongside AMD's new cpus.
    Last edited by turtle; 04-04-2007 at 07:48 AM.
    That is all.

Peace and love.

Xtreme Member
    That Lanparty X38 with DDR2 looks real good. That is if they can get it to market within a reasonable timeframe after the chipset launch. It's good to know that we'll be able to use our expensive DDR2 for a long while before DDR3 becomes mainstream. I'd always thought the X38 was DDR3 only. Good stuff Turtle thanks for posting

Xtreme Member
    no quad FX board.....
    amd fx-8120 4.5ghz
    Asus Crosshair V Formula
    16G Skill F3-17000CL11
    2 evga gtx 480 sli
    LSI Megariad SAS 9260-8I
    4 SSD ocz summit Raid 0 OS
    4 WD 2T Raid 5 Storage
    lianli 2120 Chasis
    Coolermaster v10 Cooler
    X3 1600 Watts psu (220v at the wall)
    AUS DVD-R
    Dell 24 wide, Dell 17,
    Saitek x52,
    Antec spot cool (love it)
    Windows 8 64bits RTM

Love and Peace!
    grrr, they need to get the bios working for their current AM2 board before even thinking about launching new ones
    Got a fan over those memory sticks? No? Well get to it before you kill them

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzimark View Post
    grrr, they need to get the bios working for their current AM2 board before even thinking about launching new ones
    The nf590? Worked great for me (albeit a rather low max FSB, apparently common among that chipset among any manufacturer), though I have seen other people with issues so that may have been a fluke. In any case DFI has always been a bit behind everyone else on release dates....they almost have to given the size difference when compared to larger companies. The Infinity series has been strong of late, and even though the RD600 was a bit late the LP line has continued to be excellent (though perhaps not the best of prices...) so I hope they continue and put some though into the design of their new boards.

7 new Lanparty series boards this year though? Seems rather high, even considering a couple variations on each. I'd think 7 boards TOTAL from DFI would seem about on par honestly.

Love and Peace!
    Quote Originally Posted by technodanvan View Post
    The nf590? Worked great for me
    oh, don't get me wrong, i love the board. the bios just has some... quirks that drive me insane....

have you ever been able to change DQS Skew with even a moderate overclock? or even at stock? no boot here... except for some very rare cases

have you tried <8x cpu multi? for some reason, my sempron defaults back to 9x when i use anything below 8x

the latest beta bios, my 4000+ ONLY runs at 10x, no matter what i set it to

why is stock multi + 0.5x visible?
    2.10v option is labeled 2.00v

and other such oddities. easy work arounds for most of the stuff i come across, it's just one of those things where you can tell that very little time was put into making sure the bios is actually solid
    Got a fan over those memory sticks? No? Well get to it before you kill them

Xtreme X.I.P.
    looks a bit weird mcp72 can be high end.

Can you send this presentation to my email? it would be nice to see it completely

Xtreme Addict
    My predicament is bordering on hillarious now... I've been waiting for a few months for the LP 680i board and the Q6600 price drop and now based on this information, I'm considering just holding out for Yorkfield, X38 and DDR3.

Hanging out on a bleeding edge forum actually retards your computer upgrade schedule!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Hehe, I feel your pain virtualrain, I'm in the same situation myself!

That roadmap is "optimistic" to say the least. DFI releasing two LP boards on each of the two new Intel chipsets within 4 months of each other?! No chance.

VENOM: DFI LP LT X38-T2R ~ Core 2 Duo E8600 @ 4.00GHz ~ 4GB OCZ Blade LV DDR2-1150 ~ Radeon R9 380 4GB ~ Crucial C300 64GB ~ Seasonic X-750 ~ Dell U2913WM 29" ~ Win 7 Ultimate x64
    LAIKA: Alienware Alpha R2 ~ Core i5-6400T @ 2.20GHz / 2.80GHz ~ 16GB Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2133 ~ GeForce GTX 960 4GB ~ Crucial MX300 275GB ~ LG OLED55B7A 55" TV ~ Win 10 Home x64
    BLADE: Razer Blade 14" (2013) ~ Core i7-4702HQ @ 2.20GHz / 3.20GHz ~ 8GB DDR3-1600 ~ GeForce GTX 765M 2GB ~ Samsung 840 EVO mSATA 500GB ~ Win 7 Ultimate x64

OC Jedi (on stand-by)
    Interesting boards. The 650i could be a nice performer for the money. Too bad they are behind schedule. I would want that board now
    オタク
    "Perfection is a state you should always try to attain, yet one you can never reach." - me =)

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by metro.cl View Post
    looks a bit weird mcp72 can be high end.

Can you send this presentation to my email? it would be nice to see it completely
    Why is it weird? MCP72, from my understanding is this, although not mentioned in the slides:

SLI, Ultra, and IGP variants (Probably 2x16 + 1x8, 2x8, and 1x16 models)
    AM2+ (Agena etc)
    HT3
    PCI-E 2.0
    6 SATA
    dual ethernet

It has all makings of the next iteration of Nvidia's high through low-end chipset.
    That is all.

Peace and love.

Admin
    I wonder what the differences between the T2R and T3Rs are....same chipset, only a few months difference, why would they need two versions?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
    I wonder what the differences between the T2R and T3Rs are....same chipset, only a few months difference, why would they need two versions?
    T2R is ddr2 and T3R is ddr3

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapor View Post

T2R supports DDR2 and T3R supports DDR3, thats the difference between them.

all outta gum
    Dang both P35 boards have "Special heatpipe structure".
    And I thought at least DFI had clear mind... it seems they are smoking whatever ASUS smokes.
    www.teampclab.pl
    MOA 2009 Poland #2, AMD Black Ops 2010, MOA 2011 Poland #1, MOA 2011 EMEA #12

Test bench: empty

Xtreme Addict
    Guys, it's not a mistake!

the timeline shows APR MAY JAN JULY

As we all know of DFI's tardiness, maybe that isn't a typo and the release date is JAN 2008!!!

make sense to me. that way there will be a nice 8 month gap between two LP boards.

ok ok, it might be a typo... but who knows.

Main Rig:
    CPU Intel i5 2500K @ 4500mhz
    Mobo Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Memory 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
    Video Cards Sapphire 5850
    PSU Silverstone ST75F Strider 750W
    Hard Drive OCZ Solid 3 60GB | OCZ Vertex 2 60GB | Samsung 103SJ's 4TB
    Cooling Thermalright Ultra 120 | 1 Yate Loon D12SM 120MM

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by xoqolatl View Post
    Dang both P35 boards have "Special heatpipe structure".
    And I thought at least DFI had clear mind... it seems they are smoking whatever ASUS smokes.
    I only see it on the LP, not the Infinity or Yellow Fever Plain Jane P35. I think the INF will most likely keep the single big sink on the NB, but that's just conjecture on my part.

Yeah..Another reason the INF looks to top my list...I could live without the massive interconnected heat pipe thinger-ma-doodle that is surely what they're talking about. Who knows though, maybe DFI will pull it off better. Guess we'll see when someone snaps some pictures in Taipei in a couple months, or maybe they'll shock us all and launch it around then.

Quote Originally Posted by shimmishim View Post
    Guys, it's not a mistake!

the timeline shows APR MAY JAN JULY

As we all know of DFI's tardiness, maybe that isn't a typo and the release date is JAN 2008!!!

make sense to me. that way there will be a nice 8 month gap between two LP boards.

ok ok, it might be a typo... but who knows.
    Lol. Very, very true. On a side note, ever gotten an e-mail from the TW DFI guys? It obvious to see why their power points have grammatical and spelling errors. They are very forthcoming with information though (if you can get through the engrish) which is nice.
    Last edited by turtle; 04-04-2007 at 08:22 AM.
    That is all.

Peace and love.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by RFC Rudel View Post
    no quad FX board.....
    I'm betting they're waiting on socket F+ before making one.
    Athlon XP-M 2500+ 0343MPMW The King is Dead!
    Phenom II X6 1090T 1025GPMW Long Live the King!

-------------------------------------------
    I'm from the church of the operating room

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Could you post the slides of: Infinity P35 T3, LanParty MCP72 and Infinity MCP72 ?

Xtreme Guru
    Man screw the 965p board then if the P35 boards are that close.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast