Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: R600 not going to make it on time...again?

R600 not going to make it on time...again?

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=7436

I'll leave you with a few snippets.

As many of you know, ATI R600 should be with us now. ATI's AIB manufacturing partners are gagging for it. The biggest trouble they're having is that there are no GPUs floating around. None.
    If the AIB's don't have even the cores by now, there's no way this is hitting a january launch, even february would be pushing it...

ATI has looked at water-cooling and traditional air cooling. But, the speed of the processor and its resultant heat output have meant that ATI also had to consider more complex hi-tech solutions.
    Air cooling and water cooling both won't handle it? More complex hi-tech cooling needed than water? Sounds like for ati to reach the speeds it needs to beat the 8800GTX it's going to need to be pushed wayyyy further than air, or even water, can take it.

At the heart of the cooling problem, though, is the R600's power requirements. These are nothing short of laughable at the moment.

With the clock speeds the company's looking to deploy, R600's requirements seem like they're going to outpace those of NVIDIA Quad parts. Cooling issues only make things worse and it's still unclear what steps ATI can take to solve these dual problems.
    Higher power requirements than quad sli???

Ladies and gentlemen, it would appear this might be the beginning of ATi's true "FX Mistake". A delay from their previously intended launch of january/february means now it's march or later...

The inquirer was just caught in their lies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon2ky
    "dammit kyle what's with the 30 second sex lately?" "Sorry sweetie, I overclocked my nuts and they haven't been stable since"
    Quote Originally Posted by trinibwoy View Post
    I don't think his backside has internet access.
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337 View Post
    Hey I just met you
    And this is crazy
    But I'm on bath salts
    And your face looks tasty

Xtreme Member
    FOAF said blah blah blah. Its just hear say.

They're have been other sources (not the INQ) that have said power requirements will not be that high.
    And what they say about the cooling? Bollocks.

Xtreme Addict
    lolz
    what a shame, i was expecting it to arrive on time, flawless, seems that was too much to expect.
    Workstation:
    3960X | 32GB G.Skill 2133 | Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    3*EVGA GTX580 HC2 3GB | 3*Dell U3011
    4*Crucial M4 256GB R0 | 6*3TB WD Green R6
    Areca 1680ix-24 + 4GB | 2*Pioneer BDR-205 | Enermax Plat 1500W
    Internal W/C | PC-P80 | G19 | G700 | G27
    Destop Audio:
    Squeezebox Duet | Beresford TC-7520 Caiman modded | NAD M3 | MA RX8 | HD650 | ATH-ES7
    Man Cave:
    PT-AT5000E | TXP65VT30 | PR-SC5509 | PA-MC5500 | MA GX300*2, GXFX*4, GXC350 | 2*BK Monolith+
    Gaming on the go:
    Alienware M18x
    i7 2920XM | 16GB DDR3 1600
    2*6990 | WLED 1080P
    2*Crucial M4 256GB | BD-RW
    BT 375 | Intel 6300 | 330W PSU

2011 Audi R8 V10 Ibis White ABT Tuned - 600HP

Hungry, I'm not so sure...

I'm hearing ATi is trying to go a lot higher than we originally thought on clock speeds.. Think upwards of 1 ghz, stock. That's 200 mhz higher than what sources who said power requirements have been brought into check have said. 200 mhz can make a HUGE difference in power requirements, as well as heat.

I reallllly wouldn't be surprised if this is true, and I'd put a lot more stock in hexus than the inquirer.
    "dammit kyle what's with the 30 second sex lately?" "Sorry sweetie, I overclocked my nuts and they haven't been stable since"
    Hey I just met you
    And this is crazy
    But I'm on bath salts

Xtreme Mentor
    they wouldn't be developing such a core/card for ages and now suddenly bump into a problem like this. they have a plan rolled out, they execute it. this is bollocks.

Ryzen 9 3900X w/ NH-U14s on MSI X570 Unify
    32 GB Patriot Viper Steel 3733 CL14 (1.51v)
    RX 5700 XT w/ 2x 120mm fan mod (2 GHz)
    Tons of NVMe & SATA SSDs
    LG 27GL850 + Asus MG279Q
    Meshify C white

Xtreme Mentor
    only thing diferent from what I see is this...

ATI has been making r600 like chips in volume for quite some time now... Xenos anyone?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Why do people keep thinking it's delayed, it was never meant to be released by January.
    A wiseman once said, "If Bible proves the existence of God, then comic books prove the existence of Superheros."

Xtreme X.I.P.
    i talked to a AIB last night and he told me r600 is going perfectly and it is a amazing chip.

launch should be in feb.

dunno who hexus talked to, previous rumors had all what they are saying (but 1GHz core that is just to high)

Xtreme Addict
    No Big Surprise

Thank you for your weak attempt at flame baiting...

There was NOTHING biased in my post.
    Hey I just met you
    And this is crazy
    But I'm on bath salts

Quote Originally Posted by xlink
    only thing diferent from what I see is this...

ATI has been making r600 like chips in volume for quite some time now... Xenos anyone?
    The R500 isn't the R600, The R600 is almost double the transistor count, with 4x the bus width, the ability to do geometry shaders, and about double the clockspeed.

Also, they're not producing the R500's. Microsoft bought the design, it's microsoft having them fabbed, not ATi.
    Hey I just met you
    And this is crazy
    But I'm on bath salts

Xtreme Addict
    Ive got to back up Diltech on this one. I had heard that the R600 is having serious issues and at the very least it would be a triple-slot card. Whether it is as bad as Hexus claims it is remains to be seen, but I still feel the R600 is a 220W+ video card. Last I heard the card itself was 13 inches long and required a PCI-E 2.0 6-pin power plug.
    Last edited by Sentential; 12-12-2006 at 09:51 AM.
    NZXT Tempest | Corsair 1000W
    Creative X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
    Intel i7 2500K Corsair H100
    PNY GTX 470 SLi (700 / 1400 / 1731 / 950mv)
    Asus P8Z68-V Pro
    Kingston HyperX PC3-10700 (4x4096MB)(9-9-9-28 @ 1600mhz @ 1.5v)

Heatware: 13-0-0

OC Jedi (on stand-by)
    It was already conformed that ATi is redesigning the cooling of the card, whatever the reason for that might have been.
    The rumours mentioned above might be true, but they might be false aswell. We will find that out in a couple months.
    You can write all kind of stuff on paper, which is why I dont give much about rumours. I want to see result of real hardware.

Who knows if ATi engeneers talk about real facts. Nvidia insisted that they are not using unified shaders until the very end, so I wouldnt bet on anything that is being announced months before we see a single prototype.
    オタク
    "Perfection is a state you should always try to attain, yet one you can never reach." - me =)

Quote Originally Posted by Fr3ak
    It was already conformed that ATi is redesigning the cooling of the card, whatever the reason for that might have been.
    The rumours mentioned above might be true, but they might be false aswell. We will find that out in a couple months.
    You can write all kind of stuff on paper, which is why I dont give much about rumours. I want to see result of real hardware.

Who knows if ATi engeneers talk about real facts. Nvidia insisted that they are not using unified shaders until the very end, so I wouldnt bet on anything that is being announced months before we see a single prototype.
    I'm tired of explaining this...

NVidia never once said they weren't using unified shaders for the G80. People took an out of context quote about the RSX in the PS3 as them saying they weren't going to be using unified shaders.

They merely said there was still milage left in their previous architecture, which there was, as proven by the G71.
    Hey I just met you
    And this is crazy
    But I'm on bath salts

OC Jedi (on stand-by)
    David Kirk himself has said several times G80 wont be using unified shaders.
    But thats history now.

I just wanted to say, dont start another flame war about "facts" that someone heard somewhere.
    There might be something true behind it, or all of it is true, but it could be totally wrong aswell.
    オタク
    "Perfection is a state you should always try to attain, yet one you can never reach." - me =)

XS News
    Lets asume that hexus is right..then we will never see this card cuz its a failure in all areas.

But i somehow think hexus just dont like ATI.

I am Xtreme
    190w power requirement/card for "XTX". Dual-slot cooling. 875mhz gpu(2ghz shader domain)/900mhz GDDR3.

THOSE ARE RUMOURS that seem to be quite close to reality. Anything else is marketing to get people buying G80 cards before R600 debuts. Standard fare.

Xtreme Mentor
    Another bit from Hexus:

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=7437

some bits:

We don't know the state of play with the A13 spin but do understand that ATi has got A12 running at a speed of 1GHz.

That's around half the target speed of the production version, which is now set to arrive some time in "early" 2007 and not before Christmas as originally promised. That gives NVIDIA's faster-than-a-ferret-on-pheromones, DirectX 10 GPU - the G80 - a quarter's head-start or more.
    If R600 will reach ridiculously hight clock of 2GHz, then I will happily throw at it even 250W!!
    RiG1: Ryzen 7 1700 @4.0GHz 1.39V, Asus X370 Prime, G.Skill RipJaws 2x8GB 3200MHz CL14 Samsung B-die, TuL Vega 56 Stock, Samsung SS805 100GB SLC SDD (OS Drive) + 512GB Evo 850 SSD (2nd OS Drive) + 3TB Seagate + 1TB Seagate, BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W

RiG2: HTPC AMD A10-7850K APU, 2x8GB Kingstone HyperX 2400C12, AsRock FM2A88M Extreme4+, 128GB SSD + 640GB Samsung 7200, LG Blu-ray Recorder, Thermaltake BACH, Hiper 4M880 880W PSU

SmartPhone Samsung Galaxy S7 EDGE
    XBONE paired with 55'' Samsung LED 3D TV

Xtreme Cruncher

Arrow

I would not take hexus to serious
    Probaly biased yes

I wonder how Ati R600 will score in Folding@home

Xtreme Member
    Anandtech reported yesterday that R600 was on target.

Score so far:
    delay- 1
    not delayed- 2

I strongly believe the hexus report is fud from competition.

edit: After reading the article a little closer they never say it's delayed again, I think it's simply a weak excuse to get some traffic in and can fall back on saying that they were explaining why we don't have R600 at this moment.
    Notice in the second link that they are pointing at Q1-07, which we already know......

Nothing to see here....move along.
    Last edited by wickedld9; 12-12-2006 at 10:58 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightman
    Another bit from Hexus:

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=7437

some bits:

If R600 will reach ridiculously hight clock of 2GHz, then I will happily throw at it even 250W!!
    Would it be more likely that Hexus speaks 95% BS? This and the other news here...

I am Xtreme
    As long as performance is there i dont care if it sucks 500w and is 17inches with 4 slots.

Q1 and Q2 are going to be interesting.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalu
    Would it be more likely that Hexus speaks 95% BS? This and the other news here...
    Yeah! I think so!!
    FUD!FUD!FUD! FUD!FUD!FUD!
    Hexus
    RiG1: Ryzen 7 1700 @4.0GHz 1.39V, Asus X370 Prime, G.Skill RipJaws 2x8GB 3200MHz CL14 Samsung B-die, TuL Vega 56 Stock, Samsung SS805 100GB SLC SDD (OS Drive) + 512GB Evo 850 SSD (2nd OS Drive) + 3TB Seagate + 1TB Seagate, BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W

RiG2: HTPC AMD A10-7850K APU, 2x8GB Kingstone HyperX 2400C12, AsRock FM2A88M Extreme4+, 128GB SSD + 640GB Samsung 7200, LG Blu-ray Recorder, Thermaltake BACH, Hiper 4M880 880W PSU

SmartPhone Samsung Galaxy S7 EDGE
    XBONE paired with 55'' Samsung LED 3D TV

Xtreme Member
    While ATI delay the release of R600, nVidia gets day by day more percentage of the market.
    This things are one way only, when your opponent pulls out an ace you must respond as quickly as you can or else you fall behind.
    R600 it better be good or else ATI will lose even more.

YouTube Addict
    hehehehe
    now that is a good one
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast