Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Commando Results by Tony and Andre (and others...)

Xtreme Addict
    Turtle 1 you know you can quote more than once in a single post right?

Stop double and triple posting.
    Watch 24!

Q6600 G0 w/ Scythe Zipang
    A Data 2x2gb DDR2-800
    Corsair 750w PSU
    8800GTX
    320gb Maxtor HDD
    Audigy 2 ZS
    RocketFish case

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Revv23
    WTF thats not true at all, ATi planned the board as 2x8x from the beggining stop spreading you BS.
    Thats not true we all heard the stories read the articles. This was suppose to support 3x 16xpci-e slots. and also support for DDR3. Read the Fugger Thread On this Chipset from awhile back its all in there.
    Last edited by Turtle 1; 12-17-2006 at 08:08 PM.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle 1
    Thats not true we all heard the stories read the articles. This was suppose to support 3x 16xpci-e slots. and also support for DDR3. Read the Fugger Thread On this Chipset from awhile back its all in there.

Every roadmap ever released by ATi about the RD600 shows 2x8x.

The board does have 3x16 slots, so fugger is not wrong. There is a difference between slots and lanes. AMD changed nothing.

DDR3 support was a rumor and nothing more, AMD has nothing to do with that either.

This chipset was done when amd got ATi, the only thing amd was responsible for is the delays. (because all the mobo makers dropped the board)

Banned
    Don't post again till I say finished I will get many supporting article. This only changed after ATI and AMD made a deal.

ATI IS WORKING on one cool, Conroe-supporting chipset.
    It is codenamed RD600 and this one will have no less than three PCIe 16X ports. As you might know, ATI wants to do a lot with what the chip firms now call physics. Most especially it wants to get you buying three graphics cards for your PC.

Two cards for graphics will cost you and a third one for physics might not be super expensive but it won't be cheap either. Of course, it all depends on what you want, as the top ATI physics chippery comes with the top ATI graphic card.

That’s why you'll need a third PCIe slot.

The RD600 chipset will support Conroe, Intel Core 2 Duo CPUs and it is expected in the next few months - probably before the beginning of Q4 2006.

It is an Intel-only chipset and there are no signs of an equivalent PCIe 16x3 chipset for AMD. ATI wants to focus on Intel and wants to be early on the Conroe bandwagon so it can make some extra money.

For the time being, Intel 975 and P965 are the only good Conroe chipsets although Nvidia might have its C19+C51 Northbridge chipset at the launch to support Conroe as well. µ

http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/931/

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/06...rd600_details/

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2006/06...ses_ati_rd600/

http://www.hkepc.com/bbs/itnews.php?tid=608109

http://www.anmartech.com/news/2006/j...+X16+slots.php

These plans only changed after AMD and ATI started talking about buy out. SO here is how its going to work. THE amd version will have support fot 3x 16x Pci-e lanes with 48 total pci-e lanes that were orginally planned for Intel only. This only becomes interesting when you consider the DoJ investagation. AMDand NV were tight. Now it seems to be a threesome with lots of proof to support that theory. If the R600 supports XF with PCI-E 16x slots only as the NV chipset does for the G80gtx sli this gets missy fast.

My wifes brother inlaw worked on this chipset . He is now working for Intel . So I think I know the trueth. I have finished
    Last edited by Turtle 1; 12-17-2006 at 08:54 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Well I really not the guy to give you the ans. Your looking for. I do very simple O/C's Try to stay @ 1:1 and keep timings as tight as the DDR2 memory I choose to use. I don't like to loosen timing. So I will spend more $$ on the cpu inorder to achieve my objectives. Many here buy cheap CPU than o/c the hell out of them . So we have to differant objectives in our buying decisions. They need the best O/C M/Bs and Memory which cost more $$. I spend more on higher end CPU's and go for memory with tight timings. Than I choose a M/B that will meet my needs. Usually cheaper than the Max performance M/B. I haven't run into the so called 1333 strap issue. or the 400mgz issue on the P965. Because I don't go that direction .

I do know that on the first post in this thread I believe Tony gave the pics of Bios options (Sorry just M/B pics) . So look their to see if 1333 fsb is supported. Yes Commando will support the new cpu . Having A 1333fsb strap is not the end all solution for you. For me however its important as I like the 1:1 ratio.

here's an example of what we do this is what my wifes machine is setup to. Badaxe M/B 6800 cpu Corsair 2x512 ul 5400 .Timings 3-2-2-8
    In the bios we choose 1066 DDR2533 1;1 O/C the cpu to 350mhz fsb That gives her 3.85ghz DDR2 700 = 1400 fsb. Will it break records no. But its very fast and stable on water cooling and it runs 24/7 . She hasn't had 1 problem with it since she put it together. Simple reliable and fast.

I do it the way I described it to you . I run 1:1 and work up till i hit my target with tight timings.. If its stable I am happy. I will say . A lot of people are pushing me to go extreme. Because we do have the resources. But the first time I melted down a M/B I know I would cry. LOL.
    Well, basically what im looking for is something that will run these Kingston HyperX DDR2-1200 2 GB at 1200Mhz within spec. timings 5-5-5-15-1T and a mobo that could run the new 1333fsb cpus, oc a bit only on the cpu , but be rock solid and stable. Since im not much of an ocer, it would be great if it nativily supported 1333fsb. But even if it doesnt, i could always oc a little more, i guess! Lol, but like you i would cry my eyes out if it melted,lol!

Xtreme Member
    Don't post again till I say finished I will get many supporting article. This only changed after ATI and AMD made a deal.

It is codenamed RD600 and this one will have no less than three PCIe 16X ports
    As was already pointed out, there is a difference between slots and lanes. Your own sources point out that the 3 PCIe's were not going to actually be 16x.

Your brother and law never worked for intel, you're not under any kind of NDA now please stop clouding this thread with BS. Seriously, this is like 20 posts of garbage.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by falqon
    As was already pointed out, there is a difference between slots and lanes. Your own sources point out that the 3 PCIe's were not going to actually be 16x.

Your brother and law never worked for intel, you're not under any kind of NDA now please stop clouding this thread with BS. Seriously, this is like 20 posts of garbage.
    Reread If you will notice this chipset was suppose to have 48 pci-e lanes.

Specific details of the north bridge are scarce at the moment, but it is likely to have the same number of PCI-Express lanes as there were in RD580, which had a total of 48 PCI-Express lanes

We have gone way off topic . I don't care if you except the facts or not. The trueth is plain and simple the . DFI RD600 M/B is not the chipset that was promised. DFI has nothing to do with it . As they worked with the chipset that was delievered . You can spin this anyway you want. THIS is NOT the chipset that was promised by ATI. THIS is the chipset that AMD wanted for Intel.

I didn't know there was a differance between a pci-e 8x slot and a 16x slot. Renaming those slots 16x slots is just spin and you know it. For referance read my sig. I am kitsune what are you.
    Last edited by Turtle 1; 12-18-2006 at 07:47 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Warlock
    Well, basically what im looking for is something that will run these Kingston HyperX DDR2-1200 2 GB at 1200Mhz within spec. timings 5-5-5-15-1T and a mobo that could run the new 1333fsb cpus, oc a bit only on the cpu , but be rock solid and stable. Since im not much of an ocer, it would be great if it nativily supported 1333fsb. But even if it doesnt, i could always oc a little more, i guess! Lol, but like you i would cry my eyes out if it melted,lol!
    As I said I am not the one to give you advice . Look at our memory choices and timings. You were asking about Wolfdale/Yorkfield. I gave you the only honest and true ans ,I know given the available information. Bearlake X38 is the only chipset I would sugjest for the cpu's we are discussing. They come out just befor the next cpu's with 1333fsb. I do relize you could have been talking about Kentsfield cpu's with 1333fsb.But its around the same timeframe. If you bought at that time. The 45nm processor would be worth a little longer wait.
    This is the only ans . I can give. Because anything else would be bad advice.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    wonder if their new extreme tweaking software for commando is gonna be posible to use on p5bdlx....

Xtreme Member
    when will we see more from the commando?
    Sorry for my bad english...

System1

System2

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by webwilli
    when will we see more from the commando?
    Yeah, I keep checking this thread because I'm interested in this mobo. Not much info since the initial post however.

the jedi master
    Turtle 1

RD600 was always 8x8, I have boards stretching back to its first spin and they are all 8x8. Now I do know they planned a 16x16 respin but that would have had a different name like RD680 maybe.

I am going to make this the past post on this, any more and I close the thread.

Commando

I am trying to get the latest bios, then I will recommence posting about the board.

Tony
    Got a problem with your OCZ product....?
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Tuning PC's for speed...Run whats fast, not what you think is fast

Xtreme Legend

ASUS New 965 mobo ROG Commando Result

We know ASUS ROG mobos are different from other ASUS mobos because ROG has more voltage and Ram timming.

I went to ASUS main company last week and took this mobo.

I will share some pics and simple result to everyone.

ROG Commando pictures

Audio

BIOS

Start pics

Power on and Reset

LCD

Vdroop Test

BIOS 1.55V

Start

Full speed

3D Mark Single 8800GTX Test

4XSuper PI 1M Test

I didn't bring many CPUs and Rams to Taiwan,so I will post more when I come back to USA.

Thanks your Reading.

Andre Yang

Egyptian OverClocker
    very nice indeed, but still the vdrop needs to be solved

what Digital Camera r u using ?
    Soon to be :
    ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, Intel SB i7-2600k, G.Skill Rj-X F3-12800CL6D-4GBXH, MSI HD6950 2GB, Corsair 750AX, Intel 80GB G2 SSD, DELL U2410

Used to be: SaFrOuT

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Great looking board, nice features over the P5B Deluxe, but that VDroop is getting even worse.

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SaFrOuT
    very nice indeed, but still the vdrop needs to be solved

what Digital Camera r u using ?
    DSLR Nikon D200 and Canon 5D

Egyptian OverClocker
    thanks
    Soon to be :
    ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, Intel SB i7-2600k, G.Skill Rj-X F3-12800CL6D-4GBXH, MSI HD6950 2GB, Corsair 750AX, Intel 80GB G2 SSD, DELL U2410

Used to be: SaFrOuT

Xtreme Addict
    Thank you, good job Andre

the jedi master
    Threads merged...all info needs to be in 1 place
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Xtreme Enthusiast
    im i wrong or i dont see a strap setting in bios?

Xtreme X.I.P.
    some serious voltage options there

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Millyons
    im i wrong or i dont see a strap setting in bios?
    me was thinking same thing, now waiting for the DFI RD600 board te choose the best
    Gigabyte P35C-DS3--E6600 L628B123--2x1GB Gskill Pc6400HZ+1GB D9GMH OEM--Sapphire x1900XTX--Tagan 580w--GFX Watercooled--Cpu Cooled By Mach2 GT modded by Jort

the jedi master
    There is no way to force strap setting, i have asked Asus if they can add these options though.

We wait and see
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yeap, a strap option and some less VDroop!!!!! would make the board a lot better.

Wanna look under my kilt?
    How are the higher RAM clocks possible? Have internal timings been loosened more? To have control over them would be beyond great.
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast