Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 273435363738394047 ... LastLast

Thread: Commando Results by Tony and Andre (and others...)

Is there new rev. out or are all of these Commandos still rev.1.00 ?

Champion
    At least all the motherboards with serial number beginning with 71XXXXX are 1.00G .
    Haven't seen a 72XXXXXX

Can someone using air cooling (tuniq tower or some other heatsink) recommend the highest but safest vcore to use? I am running 1.5 now to keep my e6600 stable at 3.2GHz (speed fan shows 1.45, probably due to vdroop). I want to reach 3.6GHz stable, so how hight can I safely turn up the vcore for 24/7 usage? 1.7?

Thanks!

Xtreme Member
    well what are you cpu core temps like with the tuniq ?

Quote Originally Posted by sreedx2 View Post
    well what are you cpu core temps like with the tuniq ?
    I idle at around 26 and load around 48-50 running orthos for 6 hours, so my temps are fine. I just want to know how high I can go on vcore before it becomes unsafe.
    Last edited by iviustang50h; 03-18-2007 at 07:24 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iviustang50h View Post
    I idle at around 26 and load around 48-50 running orthos for 6 hours, so my temps are fine. I just want to know how high I can go on vcore before it becoming unsafe.
    What prog do you use for temp readings?
    Use coretemp and get scared!
    I have a commando and tuniq 120, used up to 1.7vcore without probs, but check the temps!

I run a qx6700 and they run hot as hell.
    Lian Li PC V1000B Plus
    Sea Sonic S12-600 EPS
    Asus Commando
    Intel QX6700 @ 3.8GHz max (L647)
    2x Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4 (4GB)
    4x WD HDD Raptor 74 GB WD740ADFD (areca raid 0)
    1x WD Caviar RAID Edition II 400 GB WD4000YR
    Asus 8800GTX
    Tuniq Tower 120 and loads of fans

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Severance View Post
    Thanx for clearing up the reset question. I just got another commando from local comp shop and its same results for me. I have three setts of d9 ram here and none will boot on this board anymore. only ram thats working at this point is elpida sticks. If i set all to auto in bios then it works fine. but any overclock what so ever and it goes bonkers.
    My ram is D9 aswell so they should run fine on a commando.
    dont try running CL3 on this board to from my experience it wont boot.
    .:: Core i7 920D0 4Ghz :: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 :: OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDRIII :: Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme+Zalman ZM-F3 BL Push/Pull ::.
    .:: Powercolor HD5870 :: LG L226WTQ-SF 22" :: Corsair HX850W :: WD Velociraptor 300GB / Areca Arc-1210 4TB [RAID5] ::.

Quote Originally Posted by catscit View Post
    What prog do you use for temp readings?
    Use coretemp and get scared!
    I have a commando and tuniq 120, used up to 1.7vcore without probs, but check the temps!

I run a qx6700 and they run hot as hell.
    I use core temp to monitor temps and speed fan to monitor the case temps and vcore. I know the best way to monitor vcore would be to use a multimeter due to vdroop, but speed fan shows a vcore of 1.45 even though I have it set to 1.5 in the bios. So maybe speed fan does a good enough job of reading the vcore?

Either way, you told me what I wanted to know - you use the tuniq 120 and are running a 1.7 vcore. If temps don't get too high and that is what I need to use, then I will. Thanks, catscit, you have been very helpful!

Xtreme Member
    Dont rely to much on Coretemp and speedfan! on board monitoring sucks!

get an external temp reader to accurately measure the temps especially if you have an ASUS,

check out this link:http://www.swiftnets.com/troubleshooting.htm

Core2Duo Rig:
    E6600 @ 4.0Ghz
    Asus P5B Deluxe Wifi
    Team Xtreem 4 GB Kit
    Nvidia 8800GTS
    Swiftec H20

Core2Quadro Rig:
    QX6700 Extreme
    Asus P5WDH
    Patriot 2GB Kit
    Nvidia 8800GTX
    Modded BigTyphoon

Shuttle SD32G2 SFF
    E6300 @ 2.4Ghz
    Team Group 2GB Kit
    Nvidia 7900GT

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=136898

Xtreme Member
    Can someone explain what the reference voltages are for channel a,b and also the ddrII cont. ref voltage? I hated this baord ever since i got it 4 days ago so i finally just said screw this. Cranked every damn thing in bios i could find and guess what? the stupid thing finally booted 400x9 mem at 1000 4.4.4.8. I sure wish someone just could have told me that this thing is undervolted like this.

Can someone explain what the reference voltages are for channel a,b and also the ddrII cont. ref voltage? I hated this baord ever since i got it 4 days ago so i finally just said screw this. Cranked every damn thing in bios i could find and guess what? the stupid thing finally booted 400x9 mem at 1000 4.4.4.8. I sure wish someone just could have told me that this thing is undervolted like this.
    what volts are you using now? I have to use 1.6 vcore to even maintain stability at 3.4GHz. I am sincerely disappointed in the E6600 and Asus Commando. It was a mistake to assume I would achieve a high overclock like some on this forum...though I am like one of few that have had issues. That would figure...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dax5 View Post
    Dont rely to much on Coretemp and speedfan! on board monitoring sucks!

get an external temp reader to accurately measure the temps especially if you have an ASUS,

check out this link:http://www.swiftnets.com/troubleshooting.htm
    Thank you for the info!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    you can never thrust overclocks seen here or on reviews. They often get engineering samples and many here is benchers that don´t run their computer 24/7 with 100 % stability

3.4 gig seems to be average for E6600 even if you would believe the net all E4300 would do 3,6 easy on sucky air cooling lol.
    Coolermaster Stacker
    Silverstone 850 zeus
    Core 2 duo E6600
    Asus Commando
    2x1 gb team xtreme
    Leadtek 8800 GTX
    X-Fi ELITE PRO
    2X WD Raptors
    2x WD 500 KS

Laing DDC 2 pump with petra tech top
    12 mm tubing
    Apogee and MCW60
    Microres reservoir
    MCR330 triple rad and radbox.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    God be with me just ordered it.

I hope team Xtremes memory runs well with it and a E6600
    Coolermaster Stacker
    Silverstone 850 zeus
    Core 2 duo E6600
    Asus Commando
    2x1 gb team xtreme
    Leadtek 8800 GTX
    X-Fi ELITE PRO
    2X WD Raptors
    2x WD 500 KS

12 mm tubing
    Apogee and MCW60
    Microres reservoir

Xtreme Member
    I am running some Team Group

I have purchased two E6600 conroes, on the first one I had to run a lot of Vcore to get it stable at 3.6 9x400 1.5875 in the bios

with this new conroe I am having the same trouble except I cannot get it stable and when running orthos it will never fail like my last cpu the computer will just reboot, I have tried so many different voltages for everything and cannot get it figured out, it is just frustrating could it be my motherboard ? I see guys with way lower Vcore now I don't know if some are those are very stable or not, can anyone shed some light on the problem I am having

Asus Commando
    E6600
    Team Group ddr800
    Swifty After market coolers on NB and SB
    Liquid cooled CPU
    OCZ Gamestream 600w PSU

Xtreme Member

Well fellas. All was good at 400x9 with qx6700 all last night for 6 hours. I played three games of gtr2, encoded 3 divx movies to dvd andd all looked good. What the hell was i thinking? lol. Woke up in the morning and the piece of crap was dead again lol. One thing i learned about the problem this board has with failed overclocks and having to take out 1 stick to boot. If you hold down delete key at bootup it always boots lool. I have had prolly 10 asus MB and never have i seen this before. In the past all u had to do is turn off power supply back on and it would boot. But nope..asus had to change that on this MB for some reason. So anyways im at 333x11 mem at 1100mhz 5.5.5.15 see how long this lasts. And one other thing..if i run NB voltage any higher than 1.32v It crashed at windows screen? wtf is that all about anyways? Please badaxe come back from rma soon for the love of god..PLEASE
    Last edited by Severance; 03-19-2007 at 04:19 PM.

I am running some Team Group

I have purchased two E6600 conroes, on the first one I had to run a lot of Vcore to get it stable at 3.6 9x400 1.5875 in the bios

with this new conroe I am having the same trouble except I cannot get it stable and when running orthos it will never fail like my last cpu the computer will just reboot, I have tried so many different voltages for everything and cannot get it figured out, it is just frustrating could it be my motherboard ? I see guys with way lower Vcore now I don't know if some are those are very stable or not, can anyone shed some light on the problem I am having

Asus Commando
    E6600
    Team Group ddr800
    Swifty After market coolers on NB and SB
    Liquid cooled CPU
    OCZ Gamestream 600w PSU
    I am in the same boat. It would seem that the new batch of E6600's are duds!

Check out this thread:
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=137729

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iviustang50h View Post
    I am in the same boat. It would seem that the new batch of E6600's are duds!

Check out this thread:
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=137729
    makes me mad my first conroe was a L629B367 got it stable at 400x9 with 1.5875 which I was not happy with now I have an L638F050 which I cannot get stable at 400x9 3.6ghz and what pisses me off the most is that it just reboots orthos does not fail just a reboot

should have just been happy with the first one .. I think I would be better off
    just curious which conroe to you have and does your board say made in china ?

Xtreme Member
    I am pretty noobish at this, I want to do a Vdroop mod

will this work Bourns Model 3006P Trimpot http://www.hosfelt.com/

Model - 3006P
    15-turn cermet
    3/16" x 3/4" rectanglar
    1/2" overall height
    3/4 watt, +/- 10% tolerance
    Sealed

50k ohms..............................38-137

also what type of soldering gun did you use, it is such a small area

is it necessary to do both areas ie the one with a 100k yellow writing or just the 50k trimmer in the first and second pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vDROOP_mod.JPG 
Views:	1093 
Size:	132.4 KB 
ID:	56864   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vDROOP_mod_dot.JPG 
Views:	1075 
Size:	169.4 KB 
ID:	56865   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	commando Vcore Vdroop.JPG 
Views:	1077 
Size:	174.0 KB 
ID:	56866  

“Wants, in general, are unsatiable”.

Which is worse, the one who sells dreams or the one who sells shoddy goods. Either way, they are both dishonest but the one who sells dreams aims to trap you forever whereas the one who sells shoddy goods gets to “hit” you only once [hopefully, and that’s when people learn from their mistake]. A dream is about satisfaction but satisfaction can never be had for, “Wants, in general, are unsatiable”. One reason why we need to eat all the time but the consumption that is a necessity is for the purpose of giving us chance to grow and growth is about maturity, not indulgence. When we do not have maturity, we have no freedom and freedom is not about democracy crap, freedom is about maturity. Those who lack maturity, lacks valuation, whatever is the aspect under consideration.

Satisfaction comes only from truth whereas indulgence comes from untruth. One come from “within”, through maturity, whereas the other comes from “without” using the gauge of comparison/judgment of others with what we know about ourself, which is usually very little, and age has no bearing here for maturity is not related to time/age, maturity comes from being innocent & wise, not being macho, copulative crapola. The “Been there, done that” call of the juveniles masquerading as grown-up, great, famous, rich, fun, money, whores, drugs, …. You know the rest. It’s one thing to have an interest, whether it is a true hobby to give some validity to existing but it’s another when the “hobby” damages us. Time and again for the satisfaction that comes from indulgence, fuelled by comparing with some mythical greatness/fashion, is not about satisfaction but about being/feeling empty. Only truth can satisfy and truth is just another word for love/unity. Untruth leads to more of the same for untruth is about power which is another word for division and in division, there must be winners and losers. To win at the game of fashion, prepare to loose and therein, after much knocking of the head against the wall, we’ll just might stop and ask, “WTH am I doing this for?” It certainly isn’t for satisfaction. Don’t believe it? Ask yourself this: If you had found that 4.2Ghz E6600 clocking @1.45Vcore on a DS3, how long would you be satisfied for? Until “Bearlake”? “R600”.

Chasing the rainbow is chasing a dream and dreams are for fools, not achievers, unlike what those crap “Lifestyle Coaches” are telling everyone that “We make our dreams” …. for a few thousand bucks, now, ppleasee, yeah man …. Satisfaction is Love for Love’s sake and Love is for eveyone, not just some “winners”. The ONLY way to banish untruth, is for the majority to assume their own truth and not demanding truth from others for there is no such thing. Caveat Emptor and the one to be aware of most, is the cheat within every one.

makes me mad my first conroe was a L629B367 got it stable at 400x9 with 1.5875 which I was not happy with now I have an L638F050 which I cannot get stable at 400x9 3.6ghz and what pisses me off the most is that it just reboots orthos does not fail just a reboot

should have just been happy with the first one .. I think I would be better off
    just curious which conroe to you have and does your board say made in china ?
    I have a E6600 batch L640A820. I don't know about the motherboard, I will have to look when I get home from work to check if it says "made in China" on it.

I would be thrilled to hit 3.6 with a vcore of 1.5875, but I can't even hit 3.4 on that. In fact, to maintain stability I need a vcore of 1.5 for a 3.2! Intel's new batching are a bunch of flops!

Xtreme Member
    @sreedx2

You really don't need to do the mod with a trimpot if you aren't comfortable soldering yet.

Just do the pencil vdroop mod. I did it on my board with a simple #2 pencil and now all I need is 1.475 in bios for orthos stability and get 1.48 under load. Before the mod I needed 1.55 in the bios for 1.47 under load.

Its quick and simple and easily removed in case you want to sell the board or rma. Its exactly the same as the pencil vdroop mod on the P5B-deluxe and can be found in the xtreme mods section.

Asus Commando 6600 week 28B @4.2 1.475v(1.475 in bios) 525x8 4-4-3-4 1150mhz 2.3v
    2x1gb Patriot Pc-8000 Xbl | X1600 Pro | 2 Wd 36gb Raptors
    Seagate 750gb | Vapoli V2000B SS | Pc p&c Black Silencer 750

Quote Originally Posted by chron
    Its DDR2 - doesn't it need to be ran with 2 sticks at a time?

Xtreme Addict

Dont use 3 sticks of ram...

One of my ballistix died recently so for about a day Ive been running 3 sticks instead of 4..... I set my rams at 2.35v for 24/7 use and never really monitored the actual voltage till today when I installed PC Probe...... I almost crap my pants when I saw my vdimm at 2.9v and my vmch at 1.65v ( set at 2.35v and 1.4v in bios )....... I rebooted and went to bios to check the voltages and also check the hardware monitor, it was showing 2.9v also..... I lowered the vdimm to 1.8v and it was still showing 2.6v actual vdimm..... After playing around I found out the reason for overvolting was using 3 sticks of rams..... I took one out and all the voltages went back to normal..... Anybody else notice this?
    E8400 DFI LP P35T2R Ballistix

8800GTS PCP&C 1.2kw Raptors

E6600 =5400mhz
    E6700=5680mhz
    QX9650= 6000mhz

Xtreme Enthusiast
    you guys don´t get me comfortable buying this board. I stayed away from nvidia because 9f my dfi nforce4 issues lol.

do I understand it correctly that the actual voltages is way lower then what you set it to? well except for that nasty ram bug... It seems like this board kills many ram modules for people maybe because of this?
    Coolermaster Stacker
    Silverstone 850 zeus
    Core 2 duo E6600
    Asus Commando
    2x1 gb team xtreme
    Leadtek 8800 GTX
    X-Fi ELITE PRO
    2X WD Raptors
    2x WD 500 KS

12 mm tubing
    Apogee and MCW60
    Microres reservoir

Quote Originally Posted by oqvist View Post
    you guys don´t get me comfortable buying this board. I stayed away from nvidia because 9f my dfi nforce4 issues lol.

do I understand it correctly that the actual voltages is way lower then what you set it to? well except for that nasty ram bug... It seems like this board kills many ram modules for people maybe because of this?

wrong. ram modules die because they max out their commando's vdimm. not because it can go up 3.3v it means you can live and die with it.
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 L624
    Asus Commando Bios 0902
    2 X 1GB OCZ Platinum XTC DDR2-800 Rev.1
    XFX 8800GTX 768mb
    Creative X-Fi Fatality FPS
    Silverstone Zeus 750W PSU
    Seagate 320GB 7200.10 16mb cache
    Zalman CNPS9700LED w/ AS5
    Casetek Ares CK-1022-5 Super Tower

Xtreme Enthusiast
    but some stated they run 2,3 and it´s in real life 2,9?
    Coolermaster Stacker
    Silverstone 850 zeus
    Core 2 duo E6600
    Asus Commando
    2x1 gb team xtreme
    Leadtek 8800 GTX
    X-Fi ELITE PRO
    2X WD Raptors
    2x WD 500 KS

12 mm tubing
    Apogee and MCW60