Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who makes containers?

Xtreme Member

Who makes containers?

Hi ppl!

I'm interested to buy a (solid) container for LN2.

Who makes containers here?

Prices?

Regards
    Last edited by N3RO; 08-27-2006 at 11:01 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Just 81 posts away from "For sale" section.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Popo
    Just 81 posts away from "For sale" section.
    Do spam to have access to "For sale" section? No tks :P

I only want to know who makes containers

[]s

Aussie God
    Depends, how much are you willing to spend? (150$ entry level on solid or somethin' 600$ is about tops)
    And do you want cobber or aluminium?

- Also, brazed is ALOT cheaper..
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Beier
    Depends, how much are you willing to spend? (150$ entry level on solid or somethin' 600$ is about tops)
    And do you want cobber or aluminium?

- Also, brazed is ALOT cheaper..
    100-150€ i think

Otternase says 90€ in this thread: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ad.php?t=75480

Aussie God
    Material?
    I've heard cobberprice is HIGH atm..
    But try to PM... Overklokk, Minusgrader, Kingpin (bad odds though), CAL930(not very realistic neither) - or gocchin askin' for a "mousepot"
    Competition ranking;
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;

Xtreme Member
    Ive never seen a cobber pot before, can someone please tell me what that is

Aussie God
    Quote Originally Posted by The Weedman
    Ive never seen a cobber pot before, can someone please tell me what that is
    Look at section and make a wild guess
    Competition ranking;

Spectating;

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I think cobber = copper.

Xtreme Member
    lol yes thats what i was getting at, sorry for the thread crap.

Aussie God
    I'll just stick with Cu and Al in the future then :P
    Competition ranking;

Spectating;

Xtreme Member
    I'm only interested on a container to do some experiences.. Al or Cu it's equal..

at moment i've 100€ for this

Aussie God
    Send minusgrader a PM, he'll work something out for ya
    Competition ranking;

Spectating;

Xtreme Member
    Send minusgrader a PM, he'll work something out for ya
    Tks

I did it

regards

I make tubes, but only 2 pieces. Solid units are expensives, heavys and little efficient

i bet you prove how a pipe of one piece vs one of mines made of two pieces could cool the temperature with two litres of n2l over a overclocked processor. bet you see which is better and faster Cooler and which one coul get the minor equilibrium temperature

Last edited by drcooling.cl; 08-28-2006 at 07:47 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by drcooling.cl
    I make tubes, but only 2 pieces. Solid units are expensives, heavys and little efficient

i bet you prove how a pipe of one piece vs one of mines made of two pieces could cool the temperature with two litres of n2l over a overclocked processor. bet you see which is better and faster Cooler and which one coul get the minor equilibrium temperature

Fact No.1 : Solid oWnZ.
    Fact No.2 : Brazed oWneD.

are you 100% sure of what are you saying?

have you ever used a solid ot against a two-pieces?

i do, and i can tell you honestly that the "solid pwnz brazed" is a very bad myth. Of course i'm talking about a good two pices pot, like the one dr. cooling made for me.

How many time you need to reach a temp cooler than -150 just starting, with the warm pot?

Which is the most cold temp that you reach with your solid?

My two pieces do -189 measured at base. That is a fact. And it does in 10 minutes at most. For an x6800 i use a plastic slice to avoid getting colder than -130, 6800's actual coldbug temp.

We are just starting with ocing with ln2, so i haven't any impressssssive results, just benching at 4800; but at this time i'm very very sure that the pot i have is far better than a solid one.

Who's the one creating this kind of myths like "solid is better than two pieces". Bad idea, if you said "Solid is better than a bad two pieces" i believe you.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Popo
    Fact No.1 : Solid oWnZ.
    Fact No.2 : Brazed oWneD.
    This is not a technical argument.

Aussie God
    Solid is best if its well done, but, is it worth the extra money, personally I dont think so!
    I got brazed GPU + CPU tube.. GPU by piotress and CPU by minusgrader.
    Personally, I dont care if base is -185 or -190 when using LN2 - I just wanna Cu-pot
    Competition ranking;

Spectating;

Solid is best if its well done, but, is it worth the extra money, personally I dont think so!
    I got brazed GPU + CPU tube.. GPU by piotress and CPU by minusgrader.
    Personally, I dont care if base is -185 or -190 when using LN2 - I just wanna Cu-pot

but have you any technical reason for besting the solid over the two pieces pot? Why solid is "better"?

IMHO, a solid pot doesn't have a decent heat exchanger; the two pieced do.

What is better in air cooling? a plain metal slice in contact with ihs? or a complex design of fins maximizing the surface area in contact with the ihs?

i think that solid is a brute method; just a pot with plain bottom. The two pieces heat exchanger is far better getting the heat out of the processor, with an surface faaaar greater.

Regards.

Anyone have a technical and irrefutable reason for saying "solid is best"? ( no flame here, just tryin' to know why all ppl here got that opinion. Just coz it's a "fact", like popo's said? :o)
    Last edited by 6iE.CR; 08-29-2006 at 07:07 AM.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by drcooling.cl

Sold units are not efficient? Please explain. Jason, Kingpin, all of team japan, and many other top benchers use solid units. If you told them a brazed tube would be better, they would all laugh in your face.
    Phenom II 940 BE / ASUS M4A79 / HD5770 Crossfire
    3770mhz CPU 2600mhz NB | DDR1040 5-5-5-15 | 900/1250

Worst overclocker evar!!
    Quote Originally Posted by afireinside
    Sold units are not efficient? Please explain. Jason, Kingpin, all of team japan, and many other top benchers use solid units. If you told them a brazed tube would be better, they would all laugh in your face.
    i think he means "cost effective".

all things being equal (like surface area and mass and such), a solid container will have slightly better capacity than a brazed container.

is a well-made brazed container going to suck just because it's not solid? no.

part of the reason solid units are better is because there is uniform thermal resistiviy throughout, whereas the filling material used in a brazed pot will have a different thermal resistance than the copper. it also may not form as strong a molecular bond as the solid copper had originally, which would also inhibit heat transfer from the base up the sides of the pipe.
    Last edited by eshbach; 08-29-2006 at 12:52 PM.
    I used to have links here demonstrating how awesome I am, but it's been so long that they're not very relevant (and the pictures have disappeared), so I guess I'll have to get working on new stuff.

Aussie God
    Quote Originally Posted by 6iE.CR
    but have you any technical reason for besting the solid over the two pieces pot? Why solid is "better"?

IMHO, a solid pot doesn't have a decent heat exchanger; the two pieced do.

What is better in air cooling? a plain metal slice in contact with ihs? or a complex design of fins maximizing the surface area in contact with the ihs?

i think that solid is a brute method; just a pot with plain bottom. The two pieces heat exchanger is far better getting the heat out of the processor, with an surface faaaar greater.

Regards.

Anyone have a technical and irrefutable reason for saying "solid is best"? ( no flame here, just tryin' to know why all ppl here got that opinion. Just coz it's a "fact", like popo's said? :o)
    I didnt say so neither, I said the difference is too small for me to buy solid at 4 times higher price when using LN2..

[QUOTE=afireinsideSold units are not efficient? Please explain. Jason, Kingpin, all of team japan, and many other top benchers use solid units. If you told them a brazed tube would be better, they would all laugh in your face.[/QUOTE]
    Well actually not all members of team japan does.. OMEGA3 posted pictures of his brazed tube. - It was square shaped.
    Also I belive macci, samspa, stilt etc. use brazed.. Just as well as chilly1 makes brazeed..

Sure solid is better, but with LN2, it aint worth the difference, the tubes are ALOT more expensive..
    Also, I belive a brazed Cu-pot will beat a solid alu tube with LN2...
    Last edited by M.Beier; 08-29-2006 at 01:19 PM.
    Competition ranking;

Spectating;

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 6iE.CR

Regards.
    ...plain bottom?? I think you've seen very few designs in solid containers, maybe just the plain ones. There are many complex desings that actually you even need to make your own tools for make those designs. I know about that, because i have made some containers, all solids, and no plain bottom of course, but you ask to Kingpin, MM, ilkkahy, Dani or other guys with solid containers.

A "good" brazed pot could be as good as "good" solid pot, IMO.

-130C Club Member
    I can do for you brazed container, copper in poland isn`t too expensive, so I think for ~75E we can do it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast