Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: phase change gallery

phase change gallery

Well, since the watercoolingboys have got their own gallery, why don't we phase changers have our own?

I'll start

edit by moderator
    Pic's lost in a database crash,sorry for the inconvenience.please repost
    Last edited by bowman1964; 07-30-2003 at 12:39 PM.
    AMD XP1600+ @ 1894MHz (10.5x180) (Vcore: 1.85v (need Vmod)) | ABIT KX7 | samsung PC2700 | Cooled by MachI
    AMD64 3200+ (stock cooled) | 512mb Kingston HyperX | R9800Pro

phase-change.com

Kurupt
    MY kryotech

edit by moderator
    Last edited by bowman1964; 07-30-2003 at 12:40 PM.

Xtreme Member
    edit: fixed :P

Last edited by UaZa; 10-12-2002 at 05:55 AM.

Overclocking Guru
    Got me a new Igloo container for my R404A rig. It works well, overnight with the system off my water temps only lost 1c
    Testing a 1.8 P4 with water at -11 using a MCW-478 at 1.89volts.
    It only does 2900 stable, cpu temps around 11-17 max. I'll be trying out Eli's custom 478 Copper block this weekend see if I get improvement.

OPP
    Last edited by OPPAINTER; 07-29-2003 at 11:07 AM.

I must be really stupid, I just threw away a working cooling unit like the one on OPP pics not knowing it could serve a good purpose and spend €650 on a vapochill

Hi Fella's

Well....after many months and many people asking for pics of my phase change chiller...I'm proud to break its virginity and post the pics here for the first time. I apologize as the pics were taken while I was still benching for the other team..and it is marked as such....I'll soon change that and repost the pics for ya's I'll begin by showing you a pic of what I started with...a surplus Movin' Cool on wheels spot cooler...basically a 10,000BTU air conditioner on wheels. The beauty of this puppy is its capacity. It has a massive 15"x15" Evaporator and a little larger condensor...which is cooled by a shrouded fan the size of a small car. Here is the pic of the original unit

edit by moderator
    Last edited by bowman1964; 07-30-2003 at 12:52 PM.

Yeah..see that price?? I got this thing for taking it away. I just happened across it looking for something else..at a time when I was studying Phase Change and trying to decide how I was going to put a system together. When I saw this thing...I knew I was set

I cut the unit down to just the bare necessary sheetmetal...removed the thermostat and jumped the associated wires. I extended its frame to accomodate an old 16-18gallon Coleman picnic cooler...which is bolted to the chassis. I had a refrigeration guy come in..and plumb the evaporator to lay in the cooler at a 45 degree angle..and to the bottom, so the coolant would recieve its full effeciency. He recharged the system with R-22 and we were off. My wife bought me a Danner 750GPH magdrive pump for my birthday which is submerged and teed to send coolant to both the cpu and vid card. It's filled with 16 gallons of Texaco Havoline Dexcool and distilled water in a 50/50 mix...which will chill down to -35c. With a chip that likes those temps..it will maintain -30c for hours. With my current AGOIA XP I have to keep the temps between -25 and -20 to keep my L2 cache from dropping back to 64k. So with no further ado...heres "MRICEE"

edit by moderator
    Last edited by bowman1964; 07-30-2003 at 12:57 PM.

Thanks Neptune5K

cool looking phase change unit, MrIcee!!
    Very good job

(glad that I'm not the only one with a messy pc-room )
    AMD XP1600+ @ 1894MHz (10.5x180) (Vcore: 1.85v (need Vmod)) | ABIT KX7 | samsung PC2700 | Cooled by MachI
    AMD64 3200+ (stock cooled) | 512mb Kingston HyperX | R9800Pro

phase-change.com

Overclocking Guru
    MrIcee,

You beat me to it

I was going to submit a new thread Titled "who wants to see MrIcee's System?? I do"

Nice job and great work on the chiller my friend. Excellent result to Boot.
    About time you showed us what youv'e got

OPP

Xtreme Legend

Smile MrIcee

Now that is what I call cooling. It makes my Vapochill look like a kindergarten boy.

Anyway, here's mine, modded to reach -24C at the evaporator.

DDTUNG

edit by moderator
    Last edited by bowman1964; 07-30-2003 at 12:50 PM.

JBELL
    why does that say icrontic on it???? lol

Xtreme Member
    WooooOW... nice chiller u got there MrIcee!

DDtung,
    What did u changed in the vapo to get that temps!?

Gentleman....thank you all very much

I have wanted to show you guys this thing for some time, especially DD and OPP as they had inquired in the Past.

JBell....these pics are about a month old...thats why I put the disclaimer in the thread that the pics were taken when I was still benching for the other team As soon as I get some more lettering..I ASSURE you , It'll be advertising XtremeSystems...and to be quite honest....it fits in here like a glove....XTREME !! LOL

I'll get some more pics of my puter desk...along with some "Frosty the Snowman" shots of my hoses and OCHideout waterblocks

Randi

PS. I've told DD and OPP this previous..but my total investment in this effecient chiller is around $275 total including the 3/8" hose and pipe insulation etc. My total outlay on the chiller alone was the cost of my good friend Art Kemmets labor (A+K Refrigeration) to replumb the evaporator and recharge the system, $246.
    Last edited by MrIcee; 06-19-2002 at 09:02 AM.

Xtreme Mentor
    very COOL, MrIcee

crazy setup u got there!
    E8600. EP45-UD3P. 500FSB 24/7. Still WinXP. Heatware

Xtreme Addict
    MR ICEE looks like all the global warming problems are over if you take it off your chip for a few hours ...... AWSOME swap ya for my cooling setup

XIP - can sit on his hair
    er.... F**K!

that about covers it (sorry jbell / kurupt!)

Xtreme Recruit
    you guys have some insane setups and i must commend you all on them, it is so neat to see things like this, and maybe i can take some inspiration and get into extreme oc'ing, but we'll see, once again some nice work on all your parts

Xtreme Member
    Randi,

Does that vapo change your power-bill much and how about noice, Can you still have your family around when starting that "heatsink"?

Mac
    Problems with your OCZ product? Feel free to PM or email me here

Mac

I don't run it all the time...only about 30 minutes before I boot up..and I shut it off after I'm done. The power costs are negligble.

As far as noise...its got a big, shrouded fan..and with most of the sheetmetal removed you get alot of air noise....especialy on high speed(its a 2 speeds cooling system) It sounds like a big box fan on high basically...you can't hear the compressor much except for a very low hum.

Randi

Xtreme Member
    Cool!

So if i trip over a airconditioner then i should take it?

Mac
    Problems with your OCZ product? Feel free to PM or email me here

Just make sure its high capacity...thats the key to attaining low temps AND maintaining them...plus a large reservoir for reserve capacity

Randi

Xtreme Member
    Hi all

OH MY godd that looks awesome , damn u most have invested a lot oftime into building, but U get my 5 fivestars for it look`s real cool and expensive
    A64 3800+ 2.6, DFI NF4 Sli-dr, 2gig Ballistix, 600 giga hd, X850XT PE, Aureon, IBM T860 18.1, Watercooled by DD RBX

So, instead of mounting these to your cores, using something similar to a evaporator on a vapochill, you are pumping the coolant through copper pipes ina resivor full of water for a normal water cooling system?

-SOCOM
    Possibilities are only as limited as the mind that creates them.
    Abit KX7-333, Tbird 1.3 AYHJA "9" (Max OC is 1.55), PNY GF4 TI4600 (NV25 "Ultra" Core) @ 280core\750mem, 256MB XMS 2700 Rev1.1, ALL Rackmounted, And Soon To Be MX-EVA3 Cooled.
    Heatware = SOCOM

SOCOM

Thats correct. Istead of direct evaporator to cpu cooling...some of us place the evaporator in a reservoir to chill a cooling medium such as anti-freeze, which is pumped to waterblocks just like a conventional "straight watercooling" system.

Randi

Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast