Thread: AMD Radeon HD 2900 XT overclocking results

Hybrid View

Xtreme Legend
    I will stick with NDA unlike some other people who attended Tunis event and already posted pretty much all the details of the card. There are also quite alot false information floating around the internet regarding Radeon HD 2900 XT.. main source is one particular site which is not so hard to guess.

Anyway, there is actually quite alot overclocking headroom in R600 GPU and AMD GPU Clock Tool seems to be working just fine. I had a problem with Powerstrip beta-version which was limited to driver's limits. Now we just need to wait for new version of ATITool which brings voltage adjustments for R600 and I'll run tests under dry ice cooling. Hopefully that'll be next week.

PS. 1000/1000 MHz clock speeds at techPowerUp!'s screenshot are pretty modest

Kombatant, nice to see you again
    Favourite game: 3DMark
    Work: Muropaketti.com - Finnish hardware site
    Views and opinions about IT industry: Twitter: sampsa_kurri

Xtreme Enthusiast
    nice to hear sampsa, i think we are going to get a nice surprise with results from these cards

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sampsa View Post
    modest for what kind of cooling? stock?
    sky / s!p - we are oldskool, dammit.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    on a side note samps if you have a quad sli power supply which has 4 pcie 6 pin power connectors can you use 2 pcie (6 pin) power cables on each card i see they have a six and 8 pin connector on each card, or do you just use the single connector on each card supposing you had 2 cards in crossfire

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by GLENBOY View Post
    on a side note samps if you have a quad sli power supply which has 4 pcie 6 pin power connectors can you use 2 pcie (6 pin) power cables on each card i see they have a six and 8 pin connector on each card, or do you just use the single connector on each card supposing you had 2 cards in crossfire
    I have Enermax Galaxy PSU with all necessary PCIe connectors (6 pin and 8 pin)

edit: if you have two cards and four connectors, use four connectors
    Last edited by Sampsa; 05-04-2007 at 05:02 AM.
    Favourite game: 3DMark
    Work: Muropaketti.com - Finnish hardware site
    Views and opinions about IT industry: Twitter: sampsa_kurri

Xtreme Mentor
    I have Enermax Galaxy PSU with all necessary PCIe connectors (6 pin and 8 pin)
    I think with "you" he was referring to people in general

Ryzen 9 3900X w/ NH-U14s on MSI X570 Unify
    32 GB Patriot Viper Steel 3733 CL14 (1.51v)
    RX 5700 XT w/ 2x 120mm fan mod (2 GHz)
    Tons of NVMe & SATA SSDs
    LG 27GL850 + Asus MG279Q
    Meshify C white

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by biohead View Post
    I think with "you" he was referring to people in general
    yes thats right i read somewhere that you can still use the 6 pin pcie on the 8 pin one on the card if you have one available to use like you have 4 x 6 pcie power 6 pin cables as on a quad sli psu like the tagan 1100 as an example so you could still have 2 power adapters on each card

I will stick with NDA unlike some other people who attended Tunis event and already posted pretty much all the details of the card. There are also quite alot false information floating around the internet regarding Radeon HD 2900 XT.. main source is one particular site which is not so hard to guess.

Anyway, there is actually quite alot overclocking headroom in R600 GPU and AMD GPU Clock Tool seems to be working just fine. I had a problem with Powerstrip beta-version which was limited to driver's limits. Now we just need to wait for new version of ATITool which brings voltage adjustments for R600 and I'll run tests under dry ice cooling. Hopefully that'll be next week.

Kombatant, nice to see you again
    Gee, this card rox !
    Overclocking-Masters

AMD64 Venice 3000+ @2.7ghz (1.375v)
    Centon 3200 2*512 301Mhz 2.5-4-3-5 1T