Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Peltier/Water Cooled...disapointing

Xtreme Member
    anyone?

Edit: Just another think i notice that after i shut my computer down and the PSU turns off, there is a few short bursts of "creaking" noises that come from the peltier/CPU area i think (hard to tell). I assume thats just the sudden tempature changes?
    Last edited by snipper_cr; 04-21-2005 at 07:08 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Major update!!!

Alright so im on my computer doing my stuff and i look down at my tempature gauge and it shows 31 degrees C. I had been doing some word processing so my temps under idle are usually -20 degs C so this was a shock. I look over at my amp meter and its reading zero! Holy crap. I immediately save what i was doing and shut down. A quick once over revield a completly fried wire junction. It was at the point where i took the (+) DC (prefilter) and ran it to the filters. I had put the wire in a O hook to screw it onto the bridge. That was clean fried off and the cable was severed.

Im still able to use the computer assuming its under 50% load and my clocks are all default. I went into BIOS and dropped all clocks to default and loaded into windows. Idle temps now are 30 degs C with the peltier off (but still attached)and load is around 55 degs C... Basically the temps of air cooling.

I have no clue what caused this an it scares me quite a bit. Any input? Advice? Thanks!

A Side scientific note shows that the hot core and cold water block allows the peltier to create a small amount of current/voltage :-P Less than 1 amp at a few volts but hey! Kinda cool.

Quote Originally Posted by snipper_cr
    Major update!!!

A Side scientific note shows that the hot core and cold water block allows the peltier to create a small amount of current/voltage :-P Less than 1 amp at a few volts but hey! Kinda cool.

That would be the seaback effect, a peltier uses exactly the reverse funktion of this effect!

Guess u had luck but, I hope everything works out fine

Xtreme Member
    Sounds like it was just a bad junction, Try soldering the wires on.

Xtreme Member
    I tried soldering but no matter how much i tried, the solder just didnt seem to "stick" onto the connections. Would just collect on the iron and eventually drip off, not attach like it does on normal connections...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234