Thread: Broke a resistor on my 4890! Can I Re solder???

Exclamation Broke a resistor on my 4890! Can I Re solder???

Here is a pic of my 4890 where the resistor and capacitor broke off.
    The same cluster of resistors/capacitors appear to be in another spot as well, can I use that identical cluster to figure out what parts I need to fix this?

------------------------------------
    i7 920 d0 - 4ghz
    4890 Xfire
    RAM!
    27" Planar LCD

------------------------------------

IT Engineer in the making
    From the looks of it it's quite possible that the identical looking section also uses identical parts. BUT, that is just a guess, as I don't have the exact schematics or a identical card to measure.
    A better picture would perhaps help. Where are these parts located exactly? Do you perhaps know which voltage the bigger ceramic capacitor carries? If it's for example directly near the RAM modules, then it is very likely that there are the same parts near each of the memory modules. Which again would mean that they could really all have the same value.
    Quote from one of our professors:
    "Reality is hiding in the imaginary part."

Xtreme Member
    Hey do you still have the original peices it sounds like no... if you have them or if you find suitable replacements what worked for me with similar sized resistor or capacitor on my ram was set the piece gently in place, take my butane torch lighter flicked it in short bursts 5-6 times once and when it held in place tried it in the computer it took a second go at it then it worked. That was last holiday season and I'm still using it.
    955 BE Swiftech Appogee XT, 8GB Gskill ripjaw, MSI 790FX GD70, Sapphire HD6970, Enzotech cooled with VGA-IS, BMR-C1, one MOS-C1 and a MST-88 cut to fit like the Eight pin connector on my card 2x raid 0 raptor 74GB's, 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda, coolermaster ucp 700,