Thread: My frustration with alienware regarding the m11x R1

Xtreme Member

My frustration with alienware regarding the m11x R1

I have owned this laptop since the end of April, since then I have had them fix or repair my laptop by sending it in and having techs come over to my house at least 4 or 5 times. Every time something was fixed, something else was ruined in the process.

Now today I receive my laptop in the mail, not only did they not fix the problem like I asked them to, they ruined a part on it as well (the metal plate on the base of it has a screw that wont go in.) they also damaged that part and its all bent all over now, its not flat at all anymore because it has been repaired so many times.

So I called them up today and told them of this issue I have been having since day one with this laptop, and they told me to send it in again, and if I have further issues after that, they will send me a different model.

At this point I'm done with sending my laptop back and forth, I just want it to work, and at this rate I don't believe sending it back again is going to get me anything better. So what should I do? send it in again and cross my fingers that it works this time? or just call them back and tell them I want a new model and I dont want to play any more games?

I'm just thinking about calling them up again tomorrow morning and having them do that, so they dont send me a box to send it to the depot, I don't trust the depot at all. (the first time I sent it to them they ruined the hinge cover, and now they damaged my bottom plate so it wont screw in anymore)

instead of waiting and seeing what the depot does next to my laptop, because this ridiculous in 4.5 months I have had the thing serviced 5 times, it didnt even come with the right AC adapter for heavens sake. I feel like I just have a lemon and no one is capable of making it work and it can only get worse. also who wants a laptop that has been repaired and sent back and forth so many times? The unit doesn't have integrity anymore.

Main Rig:

M11xr1:

I am Xtreme
    talk to a manager, usually if 1st level support sucks. escallation is the next step. its not written somewhere but after sales service. there are different ways to go about a bad product.

Xtreme Member
    update: they told me I should hear something by tomorrow or if not tomorrow I should hear something on monday, I really hope they replace my system, like I told them, I own a lemon of a laptop, I need a fresh new start. They have to forward a ticket to upper management and I wont know anything until they get an answer.
    Last edited by gooface; 09-08-2011 at 12:59 PM.

Main Rig:

M11xr1:

contact your credit card company, everything that u buy with a credit card comes with at least a 1 year warranty and they will charge back dell if they dont resolve the problem, and just the threat from the credit card company will get them to fix the problem.

and make sure that u get it taken care of in the 1st year or else u will have to deal with blue raven and those guys suck, they will not change anything out and even if the part is defective in its nature they will keep replacing it and fight you on getting a replacement laptop until its worthless and not worth the waste of time anymore.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi