Thread: gigabyte z68 boot loop help

Xtreme Addict

gigabyte z68 boot loop help

i have a gigabyte z68 that is in an unstoppable loop. I've removed video cards, memory, cleared cmos, removed 24pin, nothing. powers on for 2-3 seconds then off for 8-9 seconds. over and over. nothing i've tried will stop it. it is oc'd and has been running flawless for 4 months. this has happened in the past though. there was some combination of holding power button, pulling power cord then booting into backup bios or something.. I cant find those instructions to save my life, been looking for 2 hours. Can somebody help please? how do you force a backup bios boot? someone said somewhere about shorting pins on the bios chip but i cant find them either.. pics or links to bios chip pics and which pins to short would be awesome if you have it on hand, if that will indeed help... thnks alot!
    Gigabyte Z68X UD7
    Intel Core i7 2600K (testing)
    16GB Mushkin Redline 17000 2133 1.65v
    EK, 3x120 Rad 2xMCP655
    Acer 1200w PSU
    2-128GB Samsung SSD RAID 0
    2-1TB Seagete 32mb RAID 0
    1-1TB Western Digital
    1- Plextor PX-B320SA Blue Ray
    1- Plextor PX-880SA 24x DVD/RW
    2- EVGA Nvidia GTX-480 SLI
    LG 30", Hanns G 28"

Xtreme Member

Good luck

Might want to check out this thread. It appears however that you have tried most of the suggested fixes. I just returned an X68Z-UD4 because of these issues. I'm going to wait on Bulldozer now to see if it is competative with the i5 2500K that I also returned.

... http://www.overclock.net/intel-mothe...g-problem.html