Thread: North east UK, LN2

Xtreme Addict

North east UK, LN2

Any one know were i can get some LN2 from in the north east of England (cheap enough) i fancy having a go some time ....
    Mayhems Lastest News -> https://www.facebook.com/Mayhems2009

If you need to direct contact me its michael at mayhems dot co dot uk.

Wanna look under my kilt?
    If it's a one-off, possibly your local BOC gas and gear, but they could:

A/ knock you back if they think you're irresponsible
    B/ charge like hell (£4/L kinda price)... then add dewar rental
    C/ Only sell if you're in a vehicle with a bulkhead between driver and dewar

BOC delivery is another £40+ and the driver might/ should do a site safety check before dispensing.

Cryoservice will only do accounts, minimum quantity and supply period, with a safety check before the first delivery and the delivery driver might check too

Your best best is a hospital or university and they might get twitchy over safety too.

Generally, you don't just "have a go" at LN2 cooling, you make a serious investment in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

Xtreme Addict
    basicly i would like to learn more as in have a go more refures to me leaning it.

All ready done a bit of resurch into it but i think its best some time's to learn from users first hand than biting the bullet and just doing it your self.

hence the question. I know i can get containers but uni's ect ect are not close to me and now i dont have a car its no so easy.

So as in safty checks i presume you mean in the enviroment it will be in such as gloves & normal precausions, ect ect.

Xtreme Member
    If you are new to LN2 and have limited knowledge and contacts, then why not join a Benching site ?
    Benchtec UK, which both K404 and myself are members, has a large membership that bench with LN2.
    You could then maybe link up with other members that do have access to LN2 and join them when they Bench.
    That way, you learn how to handle LN2 and how to bench at the same time.
    We even have large LN2 benching sessions about once a year, a social event as well as a benching meeting.
    DFI LP UT P35-T2R/E8600 @ 5.1ghz/Modded Mach2 GT
    EVGA Classified/i975 @ 5.04ghz/Custom built SS
    3x2gig G-Skill Perfect Storm
    Asus 5970
    2x150gig Velociraptors/250gig Caviar
    PCP&P Turbocool 1KW

Xtreme Addict
    yeh im all ready on bench-tek all though not been there for yonks. ill pass by some time soon though.