Thread: Corsair Vengeance, better than Dominator?

Corsair Vengeance, better than Dominator?

I was wondering if the new Vengeance is better than the Dominator?

Since I'm not too worried about the price difference and want the best Performance/$ ratio, should I buy the 12GB (3 X 4GB) Vengeance kit or the 6GB C7 Dominator kit?

I'm asking because I don't know which one is better, well, I can't lay down the pros and cons of each well. Which one will be faster is basically the question.

My purposes are for gaming, multitasking (think browser with 100+ tabs), and maybe some background torrenting and other stuffs. I'm guessing 6GB will be enough, but really, paying around $50 more is not a problem if that's all it costs for better performance.

I hope you guys can help out! Thanks.

I'm using the ASUS Rampage III Formula.

12GB Vengeance: http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=57...acture=Corsair

6GB Dominator: http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...acture=Corsair

Xtreme Monster
    Yes. If it was not, Corsair would be out of the business.

Okay, does that mean I should just buy the 3 X 4GB Vengeance and be happy?

Xtreme Monster
    Yes, buy while the demand is high, prices are lower.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Metroid View Post
    Yes. If it was not, Corsair would be out of the business.
    I do not know about all that. Dominator is Corsair's flagship line. I beleive Vengeance is offered as a mainstream overclocker option [for those that like overclocking, but don't have the deep pockets for higher end Dominator RAM].

Ol' Faithful - Retired...

- Foxconn BlackOps - E8600 @ 4.5GHz, 1.32v - 8GB Patriot Division2 @ 1600 8-8-8-20 - OCZ Apex 120GB SSD - XFX HD6870 1GB Black Edition - BFG Ageia Physx - ULTRA X3 ULT40064 1000w - Cosmos RC-1000 - Gateway XHD3000 30"
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOP SECRET:

- EVGA Classified3 - i7 950 @ 4.25Ghz on 1.30v - 24GB Kingston HyperX @ 9-9-9-24 1600Mhz - XFX HD6970 v1.0 2GB @ 950/1450 - Diamond HD6970 v1.0 2GB @ 950/1450 - XFX 9800GT - SB X-Fi Fatal1ty Titanium Champion
    - 510 120GB SSD - CoolerMaster Silent Pro 1000w - Stacker 830 [Custom painted in Classified theme] - 3x 23" LG E2381VR SuperLED @ 5760x1080 - Yamaha RX-V371 Receiver - Martin Logan MTL-1 5.1ch Surround Speakers
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Silver Bullet

- ASUS M4E-Z - i7 3770k @ 5Ghz - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite - HD 7970 3GB - 2x Corsair Force3 120GB SSD [RAID0] - ULTRA X4 1000w PSU

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I would concur with that. Dominator GT > Vengeance > Dominator vanilla. It doesn't get any simpler.
    ..:Core i7 870///eVGA P55 Classified///VTX3D Radeon 6970///Asus Xonar D2X///16GB F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL///WD 6400AAKS 640Gb///Samsung F2 EcoGreen 1.5TB///Samsung F4 EcoGreen 2TB///Pioneer DVR 216///Seasonic X-series 850///Corsair Obsidian 800D///Logitech G15 rev.1///Logitech G400@Zowie G-TF Spawn///Philips 240SW:..

..:EK Supreme Acetal///Bitspower Black Freezer EIP55NSC///Magicool Pro III///S-Flex E@7v///Laing DDC-1T w/ EK Plexi top///EK Multioption 150:..

Xtreme Guru
    i thought there new vengeance dimms are better then the gt's?

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme n00berclocker
    GTX > GT > Dominator > Vengeance > XMS > ValueSelect
    Quote Originally Posted by 3oh6
    damn you guys...am i in a three way and didn't know it again
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian y.
    Im exclusively benching ECS from this point forward

Xtreme Guru
    Im confused, i have Dominator GT's?

Another thing I find funny is AMD/Intel would snipe any of our Moms on a grocery run if it meant good quarterly results, and you are forever whining about what feser did?

Xtreme n00berclocker
    Dominator GTs are still the best after GTX. Vengeance is for those who cant afford GTs but want overclock ability and performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3oh6
    damn you guys...am i in a three way and didn't know it again
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian y.
    Im exclusively benching ECS from this point forward

Xtreme Member
    Honestly... except for whatever the premium kit currently is..
    it's mostly marketing.

Any overclocking you get beyond the rated timings, is mostly luck of the draw.

but you could go for broke...
    http://www.memoryc.com/computermemor...ncetriple.html

I wish I could justify purchasing 2 sets of those.
    Last edited by avddreamr; 02-11-2011 at 09:30 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Planet View Post

+1
    Asus Laptop

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Planet View Post
    i agree withthis also.

gtx2 are beasts. i have the gt 2000MHZ and they run smooth no problems.

vengeance are okay but they still don't outweight dominators and their IC chips.

more ram = more latency so good luck with the vengeance. dominators are common GT's aren't. GTX rarely

Xtreme Memory Hoarder
    I have some Corsair Dominator GT's 2000 8-8-8-24 with hyper IC's inside, 12GB to be exact and they are for sale, pm me if you are interested.

other than that, Planet hit the nail on the head, with the order of high end to entry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    gskillllin it!