Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ASUS ROG Experience Tour Round 2!!

Champion
    hey Chew, good to hear from you again.

I've been MIA for a bit.. Work is kicking my Arse.. doesn't give me time for much Oc'ing.. have to leave that to my team mates Just starting to get an itch to get back in the game a bit

- Ton

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TiTON View Post
    Hmm.. interesting contest.. Overclocking and Modding?? Interesting concept.. I might have to join in.. need to read the rules a bit. MIght have to give Jake a buzz, since this is a team comp.

- Ton

Questions:
    a. What is the requirement of the system? Just an ROG mobo?
    b. I am assuming this is a "Full System", right?
    c. What is the deadline?
    d. Are teh exact systems specs for the entry going to be used at the Blizcon OC Contest? Or will there be additional parts provided?

a. What is the requirement of the system? Just an ROG mobo?
    You can use ANY ROG board to compete for the final round at Blizzcon.
    You are restricted by Air or Water.
    The entire system must be able to be carried and not fall apart. (the base should be able to support the weight)
    The system must have 5 sides
    You may use any material you want. or you can use any chassis. i would recommend at least a torture rack.
    The system must have at least 5 sides to the complete system.
    You are judged on performance, weight and style which you can see the link below for more details.
    the benchmark you have to run is super pi 1m
    you can not have any hardware hanging outside of the case. everything must be contained within the system when being used and weighed.

OR

You can use ANY ASUS board to compete but you will only qualify to win a Rampage III Formula.

b. I am assuming this is a "Full System", right?
    everything that is required to run a super pi 1m. so i would say no need for an optical drive to save weight. take out all the useless stuff. shave off as much weight as possible.

c. What is the deadline?
    october 8th 12:00pm PST is the deadline.

d. Are teh exact systems specs for the entry going to be used at the Blizcon OC Contest? Or will there be additional parts provided?
    Day 1 you will bring your system to the event to show off to the 30k blizzcon attendees. whether to compete on the built system or not, i have not yet decided. its possible we may give you the option to compete on your systems with a phase unit to see how much further you can push your system and day 2 you can spend time benching on the hardware provided OR we can spend the 2 days benching on the hardware that is being given. Well take a vote from the finalists.

there will only be 2 teams (2 members per team) that will be competing in the final round. you will get 2 of each hardware that is provided. the hardware you compete on will also be prizes to take home after the event.

We have so far the motherboard, vga, cpu, ssd covered. we are just finalizing on the PSU and RAM models to be provided from our sponsors.
    Winners of the round 2 finals will also be invited to the 2011 OC summit which im sure many people here know is THEE event to attend as our previous OC Summit was blast.

I strongly suggest everyone read the rules thoroughly in the tournament details: http://www.asusrog.com/rog%20experie...round%202.html

sorry if anyone gets annoyed with the detailed rules but its to prevent any whining about cheating and what not.

Xtreme Member
    Corsair has just confirmed on 4x Dominator GT 6GB memory kits! NOT only that but they have also sponsored 3rd place ROG winners with a Corsair 800D Case and 2nd place ASUS winners with a Corsair 600T Case!

World Champion - IRONMODS
    Quote Originally Posted by TiTON View Post
    hey Chew, good to hear from you again.

I've been MIA for a bit.. Work is kicking my Arse.. doesn't give me time for much Oc'ing.. have to leave that to my team mates Just starting to get an itch to get back in the game a bit

- Ton
    Hey Buddy...that's good to hear
    Quote Originally Posted by Massman
    My definition of 'efficient' is 'it does not suck monkeyballs'. Yes, I set bars low.
    [CENTER]The post counter is not an intelligence meter!

MAX11L - "It's like a console...with the suck turned down and the awesome turned up" -tet5uo
    Heat Team IRONMODS

Xtreme Mentor
    Me and Bei Fei are in on this, should have the build done by next week and numbers posted on the Asus forum. If nothing else I get to build a new system.
    CPUID http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=484051
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=554982
    New DO Stepping http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
    4.8Ghz - http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Champion
    Hey guys,

I was reading the rules, and came across this line:

To be elligible to win:
    •Winning participants must arrange their own travel arrangments and accomidations to Blizzcon 2010.

Got it from this page: http://www.asusrog.com/Tournament%20details%20(2).html (look towards the bottom)

Well.. Blizzcon itself is sold out. To to be able to get in the convention is awesome. But not sure if you guys outside CA would be willing to travel down here and get hotels on your own dime.

Wanted to make sure to show that as a PSA.

- Ton

Xtreme Member
    hi Titon, yes this has been a concern to a few even in round 1. and i want to make it clear that for our tours, we will not be paying for flight or accommodations. we will surely provide an awesome experience and enough hardware to make it worth your while. from the winners of round 1, they had a blast and had felt the prizes compensated more than travel expenses. NOW the winners of our tours will be invited exclusively to the OC Summit in 2011. only winning members from the tour are invited and get to face off. flight and hotel will be paid for by asus for the OC Summit, and again YES the awesome experience and HARDWARE!

yes tickets sold out under a minute so if you ever wanted to go to blizzcon, this is a once in a life time experience with asus. not only are you competing but this is an opportunity to get to know some key asus contacts for the future. (aka me..hahah)

many of you may think hotels are sold out. some are and some are not. we just booked about 10 rooms at best western.. you can potentially make reservations if you are competing and cancel them after the event, or make a road trip with some friends?

and there are hotels around OC county where you can drive a few miles and get to the convention center which again is really not that bad.

and lastly, if you are not able to make it, you will forfeit your spot and will go to the next runner up to compete at Blizzcon. hope this clears up any questions =]

Champion
    Hey Brian,

Thanks for clarifying. This is a great contest, and I don't want it to get flamed because someone didn't read the fine print, or "assumed" something. My brother has been trying to get into Blizzcon for the last 3 years, and absolutely no luck. Tickets do sell in a few minutes.

Best of luck to all Participants.

- Ton

Xtreme Member
    If you paid for airfare and hotel I would be in this for sure. :-/

Xtreme Member
    We finally got the Antec 1200 watt True power quattro confirmed to the prize pool!

Xtreme Member
    HEY GUYS! We will be raffling off ASUS Lamborghini Murcielago USB Thumb Drives to 2 lucky winner each day! (1 for ROG Submissions, 1 for ASUS Submissions). All you need to do is submit an entry for the ROG or ASUS category. The earlier you post, the more chances you have to win as your submission will carry through to the next day! these raffles will go on til October 8th!

Murcielago usually costs about $300k with over 600HP!

I am Xtreme
    the murcielago lp670 is nice...lol

just reminding everybody you can still submit sp1m....even if your system is 500lbs lol

Xtreme Mentor
    What OS tweaks are allowed? Any? Me and Bei Fei should have are submission ready tomorrow or Wednesday and will get it submitted on ROG.

Desk Build
    FX8120 @ 4.6Ghz 24/7 / Asus Crosshair V /HD7970/ 8Gb (4x2Gb) Gskill 2133Mhz / Intel 320 160Gb OS Drive, WD 256GB Game Storage

W/C System
    (CPU) Swiftech HD (GPU) EK HD7970 with backplate (RAM) MIPS Ram block (Rad/Pump) 3 x Thermochill 120.3 triple rads and Dual MCP355's with Heatkiller dual top and Cyberdruid Prism res / B*P/Koolance Compression Fittings and Quick Disconnects.

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by Utnorris View Post
    What OS tweaks are allowed? Any? Me and Bei Fei should have are submission ready tomorrow or Wednesday and will get it submitted on ROG.
    I'm of a mind to allow for anything according to hwbot rules, if you think its taboo than well you know the answer.

We however wish to see best results possible with legitimate tweaks, rather than stagnate tweaking we would like to embrace it to see the best that can be acchieved.......

I'm sure Brian will agree with this.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

Xtreme Member
    Last call tomorrow 12pm pacific standard time!!!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian@ASUS View Post
    HEY GUYS! We will be raffling off ASUS Lamborghini Murcielago USB Thumb Drives to 2 lucky winner each day! (1 for ROG Submissions, 1 for ASUS Submissions). All you need to do is submit an entry for the ROG or ASUS category. The earlier you post, the more chances you have to win as your submission will carry through to the next day! these raffles will go on til October 8th!

Murcielago usually costs about $300k with over 600HP!
    very nice prizes

ps:i live near lamborghini factory i see 2 or 3 murcielago per day
    sorry for my bad english
    Gigabyte Battlefield Pi 1M #3

Xtreme Mentor
    So I have been going back and forth with Brian on this and this is nothing against 69goat, but I am definitely not happy about this. For the record, I never agreed to allow his team back in after they missed the deadline if it meant that it would bump one of the top three to fourth, which it did, my team. I also cannot believe PCJunkiie and his teammate are happy about this since it puts their position in jeopardy. Titon posted a solution which I took as it would not effect the "winning" positions and would place 69goat as an alternative if someone could not make the finals, that's what I agreed too. I am also being told that I am the only one that has any issues with this, then so be it. Although, again, I cannot believe that PCjunkie does not have an issue with this when he had an issue with Titon's case. Either way my team went from winning something to winning nothing due to something I never agreed too. This is the second Asus competition I have been in and the second time I am being screwed because the rules were changed at the last minute. We had rules that everyone agreed too by participating in the contest and I never agreed to have those changed if it meant the outcome of the contest would be changed. We worked just as hard as everyone else and did not wait till the last minute to post and we are now being penalized for it. While no one will probably care, I will not participate in another Asus contest again. It has nothing to do with the "Honorable" thing either Brian, it has to do with the rules being followed and what I agreed too.

Desk Build

W/C System

Xtreme Member
    ALL RIGHT GUYS!! Submissions are in, points are in, and the scores are up: http://www.asusrog.com/Tournament%20ranking.html

all submissions can be found here:
    http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showth...ission-ONLY%29
    http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showth...ission-ONLY%29

ROG category:
    TiTon took first place with the fastest Super Pi 1M run at 8 seconds flat, second place in weight with 10.82 lbs, 1st place in style. TiTon had a very unique case in the cut out of the ROG logo. At first glance you can tell it turns your head for attention. Kind of reminded me of a Case Appeal AV8. Never knew the ROG logo looked so good. We liked the custom tubing for the corsair cooler, but would have liked to see red liquid to match the overall system. Liked the great choice in parts used for the color scheme. Even after adding foam, the white is still part of the ROG's logo. Would have liked to see the lower foam to be black, but its still nice. Very well engineered and crafted.

PCJunkie209 and Posershadow took second place in Super Pi 1M with 8.156 seconds, third place in weight at 15.3lbs, and third place in style. Very clean setup and built from the ground up. I like how They used a PCI Card and were able to show off the Southbridge design. spacious and clean. Almost makes you think, wheres the VGA? How is it running? I would have preferred to see red liquid to match the overall system though. Nice choice of the smoked acrylic.

69_Goat originally took second place in the Super Pi run (8.097) but because of late submission (we warned everyone!!) he was DQed, Second place in weight at 12.95 lbs, second place in style. 69_Goat did some great renders of the case he wanted to build and he built just that! kind of reminded me of a barn afterwards but nevertheless, it was very unique and clean. minus the EVGA card... shoulda went ASUS! Would have liked to see a bit more of the board though.

Utnorris and Beifei took third place with a super pi score of 8.502, fifth place in weight at 18.9lbs but DQed because of late legible submission, and 4th place in style. Overall this was a very clean case, great use of parts, loved to see the carbon face of an ASUS VGA, loved the tubing color, nice sleeves, and clean cable managment but in the end the custom cases took the lead.

Hondacity had a DQed HWBOT submission for not having the proper screenshots, weight took first place at 9lbs!!!, but sadly the case was subpar compared to the rest of the crowd.

ASUS Category:
    OregonSlacker took first place in Super Pi at 10.180, second place in weight at 45lbs, and first place in style. He had a very clean case, clean cable management, and an awesome ROG Matrix VGA Card. Time to upgrade that ASUS board and get an Rampage III formula!

Tuff58 came in second place for his superpi run at 13.019, first place with his antec skeleton at 23.02, and second place with style. It would have been nice to see some cable management to clean things up a bit.

You all did an AWESOME JOB! Everyone that submitted an entry, we will send you a goody bag with a Lambo USB Thumb Drive along with an ROG shirt, ROG mug, ROG mousepad, ROG poster.

TiTon and his partner, PCjunkie and Posershadow will now advance to compete at Blizzcon 2010!!! 69_Goat has taken third place and won a Corsair 800D case!

Job well done to Hondacity, UTNorris, and BeiFei!

Xtreme Addict
    Somewhere on earth between Taipei, Paris and Montreal
    hmmmmmm maye gonna try
    Overclocking-TV Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hipro5 View Post
    Ha, ha, ha.....NO WAY.....When I show someone preparing to take a shot, I hided the cigarette....

Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Trouffman View Post
    hmmmmmm maye gonna try
    Hey Trouffman,

Are you going to try to be at Blizzcon? That would be cool to see you again. I will take you train hopping here

- Ton

Brilliant Idiot
    Congrats to all the winners, see you all there
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

Pie assassin
    Congrats to PCJunkie209 and Posershadow for the win at Blizzcon! Job well done. it was a hard contest with some really stiff competition from TiTon and Planet, they put up a great fight all the way to the end, much respect!

It was great meeting you guys, and I hope to see all of you again soon
    Last edited by ZenEffect; 10-26-2010 at 05:19 PM.
    Current Status - Testing & Research

I am Xtreme
    hey congrats pcjunkie and shadow ...wish i were there...

...i pressume you guys didn't fly over there...lol

Xtreme Cruncher
    Thanks to Asus, Intel, Corsair, OCZ, and Antec for supplying the hardware and giving us the opportunity to bench at Blizzcon as well as chew, v2-v3, brian, nemesis, and darthbeavis for all the help. Phase was good for the first day, wish we would have tweaked more for 32m, spent too much time stripping the OS. The H70 was cool for the second day, a bit tough in the HT runs on vantage but luckily the 480 clocked well under water. Overall a great event, tons of people, and fun time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123