Thread: X58 BloodRage PSU Compatibility list

Threaded View

Minor Blood Rage Issues?

So which version numbers are 'older'? Is it just any that aren't 'Version 1.*' such as 'Version 1'? I have a PCPNC 860W ESA and it seems fine like you report above, except I did notice that a couple of times I had to power on the system twice for it to fully boot although power was definately running.
    Also, I thought that the board would register 1600mhz RAM before OCing, but it shows mine as 1333mhz instead. I tried flashing to BIOS G13, but the updater shows it's current already and as PO2. Thinking of OCing, but won't before everything is reading/working correctly. Looks like I'm not the only one:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=211836

As a side note, everything else seems to be running fine, just have to tweak a few things like the audio and video (I got some video flickers last night and took a bit to get the sound recognized). The spacing of some things required my adjustment to make some things fit or some things I just couldn't utilize due to some size restraints. Still, it's one of the only boards that meets all of my requirements besides looking awesome.

Anyway, I want to thank all the folks here helping me out with getting this build right for performance, longetivity, style and my specific budgeted cost (stock speeds atm):
    Blood Rage x58 board
    G.Skill pi Black 1600 MHz 8-8-8-21 1.6-1.65 V 6GB
    Intel i7 965 XE with TRUE Black cooler
    PC Power&Cooling 860 Watts ESA
    Dual GTX 260
    Seagate Cheetah SAS drive, LG DVD-R, Acer P243W 24' Monitor (to play HD) and Vista 64
    Killer NIC (helps with mmo lag) and Soundblaster titanium (I do recordings)
    SunbeamTec Transformer case with TT Red Thunderblade fans
    Last edited by Eidos; 01-20-2009 at 11:22 AM. Reason: added info