Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Intel convert ET:QW to raytracing

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by JumpingJack View Post
    Cell is not x86... and the idea is in the works... it is called Larrabee, which by Intel is a multicored, vectorized x86 ISA approach.
    x86ness has been proven (at least by Linux) to be less important than it used to be. If Microsoft were to follow suit and become less tied to x86 & x64 and more modular by making windows more of an API than an OS (as they seem to be doing with MinWin) then so long as they provide both a customisable kernel and a (relatively) simplistic user interface then we users would be less tied to the archaic x86 platform.

ps: like your sig
    Intel i7 920 C0 @ 3.67GHz
    ASUS 6T Deluxe
    Powercolor 7970 @ 1050/1475
    12GB GSkill Ripjaws
    Antec 850W TruePower Quattro
    50" Full HD PDP
    Red Cosmos 1000

Xtreme X.I.P.
    hmmmm i wonder if the awful texture quality is necessary or else the perf drops too much, or if its just a limit of the game... does anybody play quake wars et? do the textures always look this sucky?

Xtreme Addict
    from what i understand this is rendered through software, with no GPU. Lots of power needed..looks cool..but will be a few more years before we see Raytraced games imo.

I remeber running HL in software mode because i had no video card! on a 200mhz Pentnium. The day my mom bought me my voodoo card, i was a hog in heaven..wasnt that long ago..but still..ahh memories.
    ~

Xtreme Addict
    I'm not impressed in the slightest.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123