Thread: mouse mod...

Xtreme Member

mouse mod...

hi, I want to do a mouse mod... well my mouse is 5v one... and the led is a regular green led... well, when i connect the led, it lights but really weak. I think I need a resistor or somethin' like that... I don't really understand in this things but if you can help me or tell me what resistor I need (what colors) and how to connect it will be great!
    My New System:
    Athlon XP 2500+ (Barton)
    NF7-S (v2.0)
    2x256 Corsair XMS 3200C2
    Thermaltake Volcano 12
    WD 80GB 7200 8mb (Special Edition)
    Shapphire 9600XT @ 562/337
    LG LCD 17" 1710B
    Compucase CI-6A19

Xtreme Member
    Chances are that mouse already had a resistor/led combo on it. Your best bet is to use this calculator:

http://www.metku.net/index.html?sect...calc/index_eng

And see what value resistor you need. Replace the one already in the mouse with one of the proper value (or a tiny bit less, but not too much). I had to do the same with my mouse.

To connect it, you just solder it in-line where the old resistor was. It will differ depending on what mouse you have.

Here's a pic of mine with the new LEDs:

I am lame
    Just changed min. Logitech cordless/wireless to a blue led.

You dont' need a resistor. That would make the light even weaker. You need a brighter light. Just make sure you're making a good connection. I had that problem.

White or UV lights aren't good, but most everything else works fine. Blue being the weakest of what I tested, but that's also what I use.

Xtreme Member
    I put two uv's in an old Logitech optical about a year ago and haven't had a single problem with it. Looks great too.