Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fortron psu mod

Persoanlly im wary of PSU modding, and I try and keep voltages as sensible as I can.

My sparkle (fortron) will run upto 14v as saaya's dies but I get just as good stability (maybe better) at 12.2v although its nice to have that extra avalable, if I have any doubts with regard to voltage stability.

If a PSU dies in the wrong way it can kill allot of stuff, so im extra carefull.

IT Engineer in the making
    BTW, Saaya only runs his 12V rail @14V, because there is only one potentiometer for both 12&5V and as he wants his 5V line to be at around 5,5V, his 12V rail rises, too. And unfortunately it's at 14V and not at 12,6V or something similar, which would be enough, but if he would run his 12V line at 12,6V, the 5V line would be rather low. That's all. It's just a side effect.

If I'm wrong, please correct me.
    Quote from one of our professors:
    "Reality is hiding in the imaginary part."

Thats how it works on mine.

I think its the high 3.3 he is after.

from memory to get the 3.3 to 3.6+ I also needed 14v and I think 5v line was around 5.7 (this was the scary one)

I think you "may" be able to mod the 3.3 indipendantly on my fortron400 as there is what looks like a 3.3v sense wire... I havent tried this myself, but It may work.

c[_]
    I just found some 400w Fortron PSU's I can get around here for $86 CDN.. not bad 8-)

Bad part is they are "Ahinix" models which are "counterfeit" according to Silenx....

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12