Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
static protection chip? huh?
that doesnt really make sense, you cant use a single chip to safe an antire board against static discharges ^^
must be some marketing mumbo jumbo... still interesting, can you linke me to it?

the ETA of FlamingBlade is in a few weeks, anywhere between 2 and 6, depends on how many surprising delays our colleagues in china come up with this time ^^
the ETA of P55 and 1156 is August 2009 more or less, and it depends on Intel to decide when exactly to launch it...
FlamingBlade will be less than 200$... and itll have most of the nice features of BR, looks very similar, and have almost the same bios...

BloodRage
X58
4 pciE 16x
1 pciE
1 PCI
1 HDA slot for the Sonar XiFi

FlamingBlade
X58
2 pciE 16x
1 pciE 4x
1 pciE 1x
2 PCI

im not sure about the pwm specs, i dont want to post something wrong, ill post something later

compared to P55/1156, well basically look at the boards you see at cebit right now, its gonna be like that... but better
The main difference is 2 channel memory, and only 16 pciE lanes going directly to the cpu...
Dont get too excited, that wont mean a speed boost from what ive seen so far

775 holes will be on the FB and on the P55 board as well, and XiFi, yes, sure, bundled cards would be better, but half of the people here seem to be more than happy with onboard sound and i dont think they would pay extra for a card they dont use/want... and those who want a xifi most likely already have one... so then again they wouldnt want to pay extra for something they dont want/need...

oc panel wont be bundled with FB or P55, no... OC panel is a standalone drive bay panel and will be sold seperately... before you ask, i dont know
i already asked a dozen times when itll finally be for sale
Well i know its a bit off but would it be worth it to get the FB instead of the BR given it is available of course, if i use the computer for midcore not so frequent gaming, best chance i have is 295 sli although unlikely and most probably some bench?

And to not stay so off, i would really prefer the two troubleshooting "screens" on the mobo to be something like the LCD poster, and the sata to be like the BR helps with cable management for the few of us that dare think to use it for 24/7.

Also the link you requested from asus's official website:
http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1...12&modelmenu=1

(1) Electrostatic Discharge Protection (ESD):
ESD protection devices divert a potentially damaging charge away from sensitive circuitr
Also since you obviously answered the obvious question about the o/c panel regarding the ETA, ill bring up my second question which is about it's pricing and from where one can find it after it has been released.

Also i did notice that the w/ced mobo is not an available option on the FB, however i believe it is quite a smart idea you had there and i most certainly would like it, at least the w/c option if not the L/n /Dice pot