Thread: What is stable system? Is Prime the best method? - Post your thoughts here

Threaded View

Xtreme Addict
    I think the word overclock and the word stability have different meaning to different people... When I show a max screenie of an overclock, it never fails that somebody will say " but is it stable at that speed"?... My answer to that is "yes it is" because my goal at that particular time is to get a screenshot and obviously my computer is stable anough to achieve that goal.......I know thats not the point of this thread but I just thought id throw it in there.....

Now for 24/7 stability, I think it really depends on how important it is to a person that his computer doesnt crash.... Testing Orthos for 8 hrs is something I dont understand because If stability really means taht much to a person, why not just clock it at a lower speed?..... Does one really have to go through such test to make sure his computer wont crash ever?....

Now for the stability perfectionist out there who likes to question other people's overclock for its stability, I have only one question... " Is your current overclock stable enough that you would put a love ones life on it"? meaning if your brothers life depends on that computer would you still have that same overclock?

BTW, I cant remember the last time I test for stability, if my computer crash, I turn it back on at a lower speed and life goes on.......
    Last edited by luihed; 06-10-2007 at 04:07 PM.
    E8400 DFI LP P35T2R Ballistix

8800GTS PCP&C 1.2kw Raptors

E6600 =5400mhz
    E6700=5680mhz
    QX9650= 6000mhz