Thread: Can't find the brand nor the service manual for my motherboard.

Can't find the brand nor the service manual for my motherboard.

Hey everyone. I got this motherboard off ebay. Probably you guys never seen anything like this before, but you might have a clue! Below are some pictures of the board. It doesn't have any brand name, any part number that is searchable on google. NO SATA, NO IDE, NO FAN connectors! It is a weird board, but it look pretty solid! When I hook it up to a PSU, I get three LEDs on: one green solid, one yellow solid, and one green blinking. Can't find anything for turning it on! Any clues??? Thank!
    IMG_00.JPGIMG_01.JPGIMG_02.JPGIMG_03.jpgIMG_04.JPG

Xtreme Member
    looks like a very quiet server board that uses riser cards for other peripherals
    there must be a two pin or even more connector for the power on that thing

Thanks for the quick reply! Well, I've been studying this board for weeks now, and I can't turn it on! It gets power, but nothing on the screen.

Xtreme Member
    well it could be either Tyan, Super Micro or Asus i'm guessing

it could be here
    https://computing.llnl.gov/tutorials/linux_clusters/

http://www.erodov.com/forums/tyan-s4...red/14079.html

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Its weird that someone puts its hands on a Quad Socket Motherboard and doesn't know what it is, because it should be worth quite a bit. I'm actually blaming the seller at eBay if he didn't knew what he was selling.

I suppose that the Motherboard may requiere that if you're going to use just one Processor, you place it in a specific Socket (That should be the main Processor that communicates directly with the Chipset). What Socket it is? LGA 1207 for Opterons? Remember that they NEED Buffered/Registered Memory Modules (ECC optional, not requiered) and will not even boot with normal, Unbuffered ones. Also, it is me or it got connected two Power Supplies? It is capable of turning on both at the same time?
    It would also help if you say what is the other Hardware that you're attemping to make it boot with.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by profsegp View Post
    Have you googled the codes in those white labels?

Edit: It looks like a fan connector in the corner in pic 4.
    Nothing on the back?
    How about removing the chipset heatsinks and look for codes?
    Last edited by Mats; 10-25-2011 at 10:23 AM.

I bought 5 of those off ebay. The seller listed as AMD Opteron quad socket motherboard. Initial price was $300 each and I made an offer of $100 each, so the seller accepted my offer. I was happy with my deal till I got them in my hands. Out of 5 only 2 were in working order (LEDs to show power). In the listing they were listed with 2x PCIe x16 and 2x PCIe x8. Pretty much the specs of a Tyan S4985. As you can see in the picture, it is not even close with the seller description. I opened a resolution and ask the seller for a partial refund. Well, ebay close the resolution in seller's favor. So, now I got those boards with no brand name, no clue how to turn them ON!

Can you take sharper picture of the Ic's near the second power connector to the top right,and close to the vga connector to the bottom left ? Why not the serial number too.
    On picture 4 look like an empty battery socket near the ram

Might be a Dell or Hp board,they are rather difficult to identify sometime
    Current computer
    Case: Antec Lanboy Air Red
    Psu: Corsair Ax-1200
    Mb: ASUS Crosshair V Formula
    Cpu: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition 3521mhz
    Ram: 4x 2GB Corsair Dominator GT 1878Mhz
    Ssd: 2x Ocz Vertex 3 Series MAX IOPS 120g, Os-Program + Game Install
    Gfx: 2x Sapphire 100312-3SR HD6950 2GB in Crossfire,1st of the 2 with Unlocked Shader

Xtreme Member
    Is that a IDE plug next to the cpu socket in the 4th pic? Also, why is it turned on with no heatsink on the cpu? Won't that affect it?
    Main* Fractal Define XL - Intel Core i3 2100 - Gigabyte Z68MA D2H B3 - Dominator 4GB - HD 6870 Crossfire - Corsair HX1000 - Stock Cooler - WD 300GB Velociraptor - WD Caviar Black 1TB X2- AOC LED 23inch - ACER LCD 23inch - G500 Mouse - Thermaltake Challenger Keyboard

Netbook* HP Pavilion DM1Z

DEAD****** Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.7 - Rampage lll Formula - Vengance 12GB - GTX 570 SC Sli - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Thermaltake FrioFractal

Xtreme Member
    Looks a lot like the tyan n3600 boards...
    My pot is bigger than your pot

WHAU!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zir_blazer View Post
    Its weird that someone puts its hands on a Quad Socket Motherboard and doesn't know what it is, because it should be worth quite a bit. I'm actually blaming the seller at eBay if he didn't knew what he was selling.

I suppose that the Motherboard may requiere that if you're going to use just one Processor, you place it in a specific Socket (That should be the main Processor that communicates directly with the Chipset). What Socket it is? LGA 1207 for Opterons? Remember that they NEED Buffered/Registered Memory Modules (ECC optional, not requiered) and will not even boot with normal, Unbuffered ones. Also, it is me or it got connected two Power Supplies? It is capable of turning on both at the same time?
    It would also help if you say what is the other Hardware that you're attemping to make it boot with.
    It is a quad Opteron 1207 socket, and I'm using DDR2 PC2-5300P ECC Reg memory. The board only takes one PSU with 24-pin and 20-pin. The PSU I'm using is a Dell N1000P-00.

Quote Originally Posted by Doumz View Post
    Can you take sharper picture of the Ic's near the second power connector to the top right,and close to the vga connector to the bottom left ? Why not the serial number too.
    On picture 4 look like an empty battery socket near the ram

Might be a Dell or Hp board,they are rather difficult to identify sometime
    IMG_0433.JPGIMG_0437.JPGIMG_0438.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by badbaker` View Post
    Is that a IDE plug next to the cpu socket in the 4th pic? Also, why is it turned on with no heatsink on the cpu? Won't that affect it?
    Yes, it's some kind of mini IDE. It is way smaller than regular IDE. The board it's not turned on, that's why I don't have a heatsink on top of the cpu. This is so far what I've got! http://www.horizontechnology.com/parts/A2093001.html I will try to give them a call!

Xtreme 3D Team
    MAC Address 00A0D1E34A0C points to Inventec Corporation
    The board is an Inventec PCA A2093001.

It wasn't pulled out of a Dell because Dell didn't use Inventec until 2008.

My guess at first would be pulled from an HP machine but those usually have HP silkscreened to them.

Essentially though, you have absolutely no support and are out $500. You could have done better.
    Last edited by BeepBeep2; 10-26-2011 at 07:13 PM.
    Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    MAC Address 00A0D1E34A0C points to Inventec Corporation
    The board is an Inventec PCA A2093001.

It wasn't pulled out of a Dell because Dell didn't use Inventec until 2008.

My guess at first would be pulled from an HP machine but those usually have HP silkscreened to them.

Essentially though, you have absolutely no support and are out $500. You could have done better.
    Thanks for the info! I don't need support, all I need is to know how to turn it on. And it would be nice if I could find a manual for it! ..but, thanks for the reply!

Xtreme Addict
    It looks a lot like Gateway E-9722R: http://support.gateway.com/us/en/pro...1&modelId=3221
    That's a MPC (Micron PC) model.

Just a heads up, your board is most likely not from a gateway machine.
    gw.png
    From the manual.

It needs a front panel to start up, or just find the right pins to short in J45. I think it's easier to short the pins in the power connector.
    You need a HDD backplane to connect SATA drives.

Also known as:
    http://www.technooutlet.com/hyprm4725.html
    http://www.mpcdrivers.com/apps/compdet03ac.html
    Last edited by Mats; 10-27-2011 at 02:22 AM.

Xtreme Member
    ^ i think that one is spot on! nice find

Quote Originally Posted by Mats View Post
    It looks a lot like Gateway E-9722R: http://support.gateway.com/us/en/pro...1&modelId=3221
    That's a MPC (Micron PC) model.

Just a heads up, your board is most likely not from a gateway machine.
    gw.png
    From the manual.

It needs a front panel to start up, or just find the right pins to short in J45. I think it's easier to short the pins in the power connector.
    You need a HDD backplane to connect SATA drives.

Also known as:
    http://www.technooutlet.com/hyprm4725.html
    http://www.mpcdrivers.com/apps/compdet03ac.html
    WOW!!! I can't believe it is actually the right manual for the board! YOU JUST SAVED MY LIFE! THANK YOU!!! I've been trying to power up this board for months, now! I've been really stressed out because I have to use this board to build up my cousin's server! He's been waiting for the server for months, and I felt really bad that I can't build up his server! Again, Thank you very much!

Xtreme Addict
    You're welcome!

I realized that A2093001 is a very unlikely model number because 001 sounds like a revision, and searched for A2093 001 instead.
    That gave me the MPC site, and I saw that most of their parts were made for Gateway,
    so I googled "gateway 1207", got their server model numbers, then went for their support.

Piece of cake.

Xtreme Addict
    detective mats on the scene
    LEO!!!!
    amd phenom II x6 1100T | gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 . .
    2x2gb g.skill 2133c8 | 128gb g.skill falcon ssd
    sapphire ati 5850 | x-fi xtrememusic. . .
    samsung f4 2tb | samsung dvdrw . .
    corsair tx850w | windows 7 64-bit.
    ddc3.25 xspc restop | ek ltx | mc-tdx | BIP . .
    lycosa-g9-z2300 | 26" 1920x1200 lcd .