Thread: any good intel mATX boards ?

I am Xtreme

any good intel mATX boards ?

aside from shuttle, which is just way to expensive for my tastes, unless i can find a good used one some where, are there any other MINI ATX boards out there that are known to be really solid boards that actually are really wicked little clockers ?

basically i can get the Aspire Q-XPack case for $80, with 420w psu now how good that psu is i dont know but ill check around. (only 13a on the 12v rail is really going to limit me i think)

but this isnt just a "shuttle" style it accpets standard mATX boards. which i find to be really cool.
    It looks bigger than a shuttle but thats fine.

anyone out ther eknow of or ever had the chance to play around with a really good skt 478 board?

basically i have one of the sweet 2.1 Pent D cellies that right now does 3.7+ on air on an ASUS baord. so i want to be able to do that or better. BUT shuttle style air coolings isnt always the best so i may end up fitting together a small water setup for it, im not really sure at this point.

anywho any suggestions for mATX mobo with def. clocking skills in it ?
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.
    Welcome to the Roughnecks"

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Addict
    Asus P5LD2-VM
    Abit LP-80

I am Xtreme
    i am asking about skt 478 intel boards not 775
    thanks for tryin though
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback

I am Xtreme
    well i think maybe ill grab the asus p4p800 micro atx board i think. seems like that has the best overclocking features and i think, i THINK its just the mini version of its big brother.

Heat Ebay Feedback

I am Xtreme
    hhmm

any thoughts on this fellas.
    Jetway PM9MS
    its the VIA PM800 and VT8237 chipset

i havent had a via chipset since my 1.2ghz Athlon days

was this chipset any good and any good for overclocking ? via i think has alwasy been touch and go. it was iffy for amd64 but i know nothing about it for Intel

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Member
    I'm interested in a good mATX socket 478 board too. Lestat let me know what you find out, I've heard the P4P800-VM is not too good for OCing.
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ @ 3.0GHz||Biostar TF560 A2+||4x1GB Team Xtreem D9s||Visiontek HD3870||WD 250GB||Seasonic SS-600HT
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ @ 2.6GHz||DFI NF4 Ultra-D||OCZ VX 4000 2-2-2-5||ATI X1900XT||Seagate 320GB||Seasonic S12 600

I am Xtreme
    according to all i have read the P4P800-VM isnt any good unless you flash it to the latest were asus opened up the goodies and now overclocks fine.
    all clocking options are there supposedly but you must update.
    i have a Pent D cellie and i am scared it wont even boot on there lol
    but its hard finding info on these mini atx boards.

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Cruncher
    p4p800-vm with a dothan
    Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz . DFI DK P45-T2RS Plus . XFX 9800GT 512MB . 8GB OCZ Blade PC2-9200 . WD6400AAKS AHCI .
    Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic . Hanns.G 28" LCD . Thermalright U120-E . Seasonic S12 600w . Windows 7 Professional E Retail x64 .

I am Xtreme
    yeah man i saw the adapter on pricewatch for like 56 bucks i was like man i aint gunna tear my laptop apart lol not for this lol
    But seriously folks i am moments away from getting this boards and the aspire case but i would truly love to get someones personal experience with this board.

if you know someone who has it please chime in

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Member
    If this board truely is the same as a P4P800, will that require vmods to overclock well? That would turn me off this MB a bit.
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ @ 3.0GHz||Biostar TF560 A2+||4x1GB Team Xtreem D9s||Visiontek HD3870||WD 250GB||Seasonic SS-600HT
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ @ 2.6GHz||DFI NF4 Ultra-D||OCZ VX 4000 2-2-2-5||ATI X1900XT||Seagate 320GB||Seasonic S12 600

There are only really the P4P800-VM and the Abit IS-10 still in circulation and worth considering. I know the IS-10 has no options for overclocking until you flash it with bios Kunaak (member of this here forum as i recall) made for it. You can grab it from a website here

In regards to P4P VM and the and dothan...information is contained in a thread just above this one... titled Dothan @ CT-479 link

Scroll on down the first post and the info is there.

There is also the Gigabyte 8IG1000MK-P4865G ... but I recall the 'secret' menu (accessed via CTRL+F1 in the bios) only allowed a 33FSB increase above whatever default FSB your cpu ran at.

My distributors don't tend to stock more than 3-4 S478 boards now... so I imagine finding one will be difficult, even in the US of A
    Last edited by CoolioCat; 12-21-2005 at 08:25 PM.

I just got the IS-10 ver 2 motherboard. I modified bios 20 using modbin 6 to enable the abit engineering page that has the overclocking features. I still dont see the overclocking options, but I see the other options I enabled.

Am I missing something? Or did Abit physically remove the oc options in higher revisions?

Anyone else with experience with IS-10? Thanks