Thread: get perfect ram settings

Question get perfect ram settings

hello, I have get my brand new q9550 e0 yesterday. and I want to push him up to 4 GHz and above. atm the cpu runs at 3400mhz (400x8.5, 1,248V)
    but with more fsb doesn't start my computer. I think it is the ram, I have Kingston hyperX

2x2gb 1066

CAS Latency (CL) 7
    RAS-to-CAS-Delay (tRCD) 7
    RAS-Precharge-Time (tRP) 7
    Row-Active-Time (tRAS) 20

and GEIL

2x1GB 800

CAS Latency (CL) 4
    RAS-to-CAS-Delay (tRCD) 4
    RAS-Precharge-Time (tRP) 4
    Row-Active-Time (tRAS) 12

atm the memory runs with 800MHz (T2) and

CAS Latency (CL) 5
    RAS-to-CAS-Delay (tRCD) 5
    RAS-Precharge-Time (tRP) 5
    Row-Active-Time (tRAS) 15

with 2.190V.

I want to find out the max memory settings. to optimize the fsb to ddr2 settings and fsb.

what is the best conduction path for my memory. higher timings and more MHz, lower timings and less MHz but t1? I have no much experience with memory

my mainbord is the DFI LanParty Ut x48 T2R (anyone knows how to run setfsb on it?^^)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Forget about 1T with four sticks of ram, presuming you are using them together for 6GB - are you? If so, this could be the source of your problem.

For 4GHz you'll need 445 FSB, so 890MHz on the memory 1:1 or 1068MHz on the memory 6:5. I'd suggest the 1:1 divider with 5-5-5-15 timings to start with.
    i7 920 D0 | TRUE Cu | ASUS RIIIE | 6GB Dominator GT | Gigabyte GTX480 Special Edition | Win7 Ultimate x64

ok i try 1:1 with 5.5.5.15, but i take the cpu multi to 6. to look what the problem is^^. and whats important timing or mhz?

lol the computer doesent boot with this settings, but its better, i have unmount the 2 geil memorys and only the kingston memorys in the sockets. i have changed fsb to 400 multi 6, dram 400/1066 and timings 7.7.7.20 and 2.0V stock settings for this memory... the computer doesent want to start. WITH STOCK RAM SETTINGS, omg my 800mhz cl5 rams are able to start with 1066 cl5... whats going on here? its the khx8500ad2k2/4g memorys
    The proof of heroism is not in winning a battle, but in the endurance of a defeat.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    It's an intel chipset so you'll get better bandwidth with high MHz at CL5 or so. Are 7-7-7-20 the prescribed timings for your kingston? I had a kit of DDR2 that would do 6-6-6 but not 7-7-7.
    i7 920 D0 | TRUE Cu | ASUS RIIIE | 6GB Dominator GT | Gigabyte GTX480 Special Edition | Win7 Ultimate x64

mhh strange, yes he has 7.7.7 timings, look here http://www.alternate.de/html/search/result.html
    klick at the red button "mehr details" and u can see the informations. i think ill get him more v.
    The proof of heroism is not in winning a battle, but in the endurance of a defeat.

ok, i have make my own settings, ram volt are now 2.4xx
    http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/6615/rammmmvj0.jpg
    but i hope i can add my geil memorys to^^

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Ram at 2.4v won't last for long lol keep it below 2.3v if you can, even with active cooling. Some ICs respond to high voltage, but be careful.

ok now i have a new clear cmos at a day record, but its still works. http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/7...lawlawldh3.jpg
    ram voltage is now 2.290 v but i think i have to much cpu vcore but its late, i change it tomorrow.