Thread: My First AutoCascade build w/ pics

My First AutoCascade build w/ pics

Today I started construction on my autocascade, just about got the first "stage" done, need a few more parts and I can finish the second stage and the expansion tank.

Heres the progress so far:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21137218@N07/4251742161/

-150c Club Member
    Got a design your working from?

If you have a cooling question or concern feel free to contact me.

the one in my head, I can draw something up

-150c Club Member
    Good luck.

Quick Drawing of the design Im doing.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21137218@N07/4251859857/

-150c Club Member
    I think your doing what everyone else has tried, and seen failed. I suggest doing a bit more reading, like Mytek's thread.

I looked over mytek's design agian, the only thing I dont understand is the auxilary condensor, wouldnt that run the risk of condensing the second stage gas and it failing to separate in the phase separater?
    Other than the auxilary condensor my design is basically the same. I was planning to add in a SLHX to help condense the second stage gas, just didnt draw it in.

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    aux condenser = slhx. You need it to help get some of the higher pressure gas in solution with the lower pressure gas so that you create a hybrid refrigerant with boiling properties in between the two. This will gradually cool you HX and get more of your higher pressure gas to condense in the 2nd half of the system, feeding your evap condensed refrigerant instead of chilled gas. As the evap pulls down the returning cold gas will continue to chill the slhx and continue to condense more of the high boiler, further reducing temperatures and working pressures. Understand why the slhx/aux condenser is necessary now?

Ok so its ok for the 2 refriderants to combine to go to the HX?, I thought the Idea was for near complete separation.

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Quite the opposite, you want a mixture of the two going into the HX. With perfect separation R600/R170 wouldn't be a possible combination.

Ahh, I see, Just did some more reading of Myteks thread and the various quesions n00b and others asked, learned a few more things, time to make some adjustments to my design This is the exact reason I posted this thread up

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Autocascades are a topic I always try to learn more about. Just bought a truckload of solenoids, looks like I get to assemble my 3rd one. Hopefully 3rd time is a charm, haven't had satisfactory autocascades in the past

-100c Club
    I'm about to start my second auto-c, this time it will be two-stager. Good luck gom!

This is more of a learning experience for me, going to try it, learn, modify. So hopefully over the next few weeks with testing and modifying ill have something thats decent.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] gomeler View Post
    Autocascades are a topic I always try to learn more about. Just bought a truckload of solenoids, looks like I get to assemble my 3rd one. Hopefully 3rd time is a charm, haven't had satisfactory autocascades in the past
    hey chris did u pick up any valves with those solenoids if so can u pm me how much they cost u where u got them and maybe if u want to sell one or two of them