Thread: Venus and EB4000

Venus and EB4000

what timings has anyone successfully used with this combo? i have used 'dfi expert' timings as published with DS set to 4 and gotten to 260 memtest stable. has anyone pushed this ram further on this mobo?

YouTube Addict
    EB4000? could you please be more specific.
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

well,
    OCZ Platinum Edition 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 500 (PC 4000) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model OCZ5002048EBPE-K

i have found a voltage dependence with these modules. they will do
    260 mhz at 2.6 vdimm, 264 mhz at 2.66 vdimm and 266mhz at 2.8vdimm.

the settings are pretty much stock except drive strength 8 and dds 2. Memtest+ stable for >10 passes. I have tried making some strategic adjustments to specific parameters based on what others have written about overclocking these modules-people like OCZ tony, RGone, ahmad, eva, tbone as well as others-but the bottom line is that it doesnt allow me to push the clock higher- still fails memtest in test 5 or 6, or it wonnt post, or in some instances the memtest display just gets garbled.i think these variables may have greater impact on windows and 3d stability than memtest so much.

i also tried under volting going sub 2.5 vdimm-no go-just wont post. some people have found that 2.3 v allows better ram speed.