Thread: Asrock 939Dual-SATA2 Vmods

Threaded View

Xtreme Vmod mod

Asrock 939Dual-SATA2 Vmods

These are some of the existing mods for the board:
    Vcore 1
    Vcore 2
    Vdimm

These a few new mods which I've found, which should release some better clocks from the board:

Vdroop - remove the circled resistor, and replace it with a 10k variable resistor set to 1k. Adjust until there is no droop.
    Vsb - Southbridge voltage supply
    Vtt - The board can produce a very unstable Vtt supply under some conditions. It should be 50% of Vdimm. Offsetting it slightly high or low can help to correct for the unstable voltage, and could improve RAM clocks slightly.
    Vldt - Htt voltage supply - should help with Htt and possibly CPU overclocking.
    Vdd - Northbridge voltage supply - Increasing Vdd should help with Htt overclocks.
    Vagp - Might help increase the speed that the AGP bus can run at and might increase the Htt overclock, as on some intel based boards. I don't think that it will have much effect on this board tho personally.
    Vpci-e - Same as Vagp

Vdroop
    Vsb, Vtt and Vsb read point
    Vldt, Vdd and Vagp mods

Vldt and Vdd read points
    Vagp read point
    Vpci-e and Vtt read point
    Vcore read point

These are a couple of mods which I haven't fully tested yet, and should be done with caution until I have chance to fully test them. I think that the one in yellow is probably Vcca (PLL supply voltage for the CPU). I have no idea what the other mod controls, and doesn't seem to effect the overclock in any way.

Note: XS owners and members will not be liable for any damage caused to you or your hardware, neither can be liable for any breach of the warranty.
    Last edited by persivore; 03-10-2006 at 11:58 AM.