View Poll Results: Have you had bad experiences with DFI's lates boards?

Voters
208. You may not vote on this poll
  • My DFI Expert died

21 10.10%
  • Multiple DFI Experts that I have owned have died

7 3.37%
  • My DFI Expert died and took the CPU/other component(s) with it (Please specify)

13 6.25%
  • My DFI RDX200 died

11 5.29%
  • Multiple DFI RDX200s that I have owned have died

5 2.40%
  • My DFI RDX200 died and took the CPU/other component(s) with it (Please specify)

9 4.33%
  • Just the CPU/RAM/etc. bit the dust, but the board still "works" (Please specify)

6 2.88%
  • Everything has been problem free from day one

129 62.02%
  • I own multiple boards and they're all flawless

26 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Post your luck with DFI Experts and/or RDX200 boards

I am Xtreme
    funny how everyone thought the old lanparties werent stable boards.

there is obviously something wrong here, if you are having what looks to be more then 2% of your boards failing its time to step up and at least pull your product until you figure out what the hell is going on.

especially when its a board in this price range.

Xtreme Member
    everything in my system was good-to-go from the first time I hit the power button.

my first DFI, but it certainly wont be my last!

The only complaint I have at all is the bug that has the Expert reporting low temps. other than that, no problems at all, and im lovin it!
    - palehorse -
    CASE: Antec Three Hundred Two
    CPU: Intel Ivy Bridge i5-3570K (OC'd to 4.2)
    GPU: (2) Powercoler HD7870 Myst 2GB (Tahiti) in Crossfire! (OC'd to 1100/1550)
    SSD: Samsung 840 Series 250GB
    MOBO: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 ATX
    RAM: Crucial 2x8GB Ballistix Sport (OC'd to 1866)
    PSU: Corsair TX750M
    COOLING: Cooler Master Hyper212 EVO

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Revv23
    funny how everyone thought the old lanparties werent stable boards.

there is obviously something wrong here, if you are having what looks to be more then 2% of your boards failing its time to step up and at least pull your product until you figure out what the hell is going on.

especially when its a board in this price range.
    I think its not nowhere near 2% cus prolly the pissed crappy board owners are more eager to post here.
    Intell Core 2 Duo E6850 3,9ghz with water
    DFi P35 Blood-Iron
    G.skill 2x2Gb PK 5-5-5-12 1088mhz 2.2v
    Sapphire Radeon HD2900Pro 1024mb GDDR4
    Lian Li PC-V2000A

BENQ FP937s+ 19" TFT
    Logitech UltraX USB keyboard
    Logitech G5 Laser mouse

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slow'puter
    not quite compatible with Seasonic...
    In what way?
    Q6600 G0
    ASUS Maximus Formula (non-SE) rev 1.03G (BIOS 0907)
    4 X 2 GB G.Skill F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ
    Inno3D 7800GT
    Seasonic 600W PSU
    WC: Laing DCC Ultra -> Alphacool Nexxos XP > EK-NB S-MAX -> BlackIceII -> Alphacool NexXxoS NVXP- -> EK NB/SB ASUS 3 -> ThermoChill PA120.3 -> Bay-Res

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Sume4
    I think its not nowhere near 2% cus prolly the pissed crappy board owners are more eager to post here.
    Hard to say i guess, but from the looks of this poll almost 30% of the boards that XS members have are failing, and several are taking things with it.

Quote Originally Posted by -.-PhanTom-.-
    In what way?
    It seems that the Seasonic unit I have is not controlling its voltage well. I find more stability with the OCZ than with the S12.
    Rig #1 A64 3700+ San Diego - DFI LanParty UT nF4 SLI DR-Expert (12/07 BIOS) - 1 Gb (2x512) G.Skill F1-3200BWU2 - Custom Water Cooled by Danger Den - 7900GTX 512mb - Thermaltake Kandalf Black - OCZ Powerstream 600W - 2x160gb Maxtor SATA-4 in RAID 0 - Liteon DVD-Rom - Floppy - Aerogate 3 (controllig WC fans), Matrix Orbital Display

Rig #2 A64 3700+ San Diego - Asus An8 SLi Deluxe - 1Gb (2x512) Mushkin LV2 R2 TCCD - Big Typhoon - XfX 6800GT - Thermaltake Tenor - Seasonic S12 600W - 2 Maxtor DiamondMAX 10 260Gb IDE HDD non-RAID - NEC CR-RD/DVD-RW -/+ Combo Drive - Floppy

Both systems running Windows XP SP2

Upgrades to Rig #1: Dual Core Opteron or A64 - another 7800GTX 512mb to run SLi

Changes to Rig #2: Windows XP Media Center, TV Tuner/Capture Card

Evil Kitty
    Quote Originally Posted by Revv23
    Hard to say i guess, but from the looks of this poll almost 30% of the boards that XS members have are failing, and several are taking things with it.
    Not really.

When the poll was first made we had dozens of people from around the net sign up just to report problems with the board. The issue with this was that all the original trouble reports (with dead hardware) were only here on XS. No other major OC forums reported CPU deaths or anything similar. Accordingly, everyone with "an issue" flocked here to XS to report trouble.

The results are indeed very skewed.
    9900k @ 5.1Ghz
    Asus Maximus Hero XI
    32GB (8 x 4) Gskill @4000
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    OS & Apps: Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
    Games: Samsung 970 Pro 1TB
    Storage: Crucial M500 2TB
    Seasonic Platinum 1000W
    Phanteks Evolv X

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by mdzcpa
    Not really.

When the poll was first made we had dozens of people from around the net sign up just to report problems with the board. The issue with this was that all the original trouble reports (with dead hardware) were only here on XS. No other major OC forums reported CPU deaths or anything similar. Accordingly, everyone with "an issue" flocked here to XS to report trouble.

The results are indeed very skewed.
    I see, I guess that changes things. Still, the fact that people are coming here with reports about dead CPU/ram even today makes me not want to use this board, as i dont want to take any chance of getting a bad board. If i kill something i want it to be my fault. Not faulty engineering. i guess its just a personal choice.

Pardon me for intruding but the main reason people are still buying this board is its overclocking capabilities.Even the MSI Diamond + cant beat it by far as we seen in the review in here.The asus seems to have not been able to overclock that high too and has basic layout problems.My first thought seeing the DFI board was excellent layout and at last 4 phase pwm circuitry-100% japan caps.(though x16 sli would be welcome too)
    On the other hand beeing just close into upgrading my old 754 rig(a64 Clawhammer C0 10x250,Dfi nf3 250gb,2x512 3700eb,X850xtpe 570-610)to a opteron 170,2x1gb tracer( which i bought last day before they were off ),XFX GTX256 i stand to think why should i risk to buy a DFI board that is responsible for these monstrosity killings of other hardware parts .
    After seeing all these people having problems, something telling me dfi is doing something in secret( i hope so),or else their credibility would go below the lowest basement of scyscraper.
    So im asking all the "crazy" people here that lost one Expert ; are you ready to try out a new one or gone to a model less overclockable but more life time warrantied from another mobo manufacturing company?

Xtreme Addict
    I think those who've had their Experts died bought new ones (or RMA'd them) to replace the dead ones. I haven't heard of a dead one lately, so after initial paranoia, I'm getting one for the awsome layout, 4-phase, and OC ability.
    Heatware: 50-0-0
    Quote Originally Posted by Charile
    I believe that GWB, who may NOT be the best overclocking CPU in the tray...
    Quote Originally Posted by -thc-(cZ) View Post
    oh c'mon, maxxx, kick that cat of that monitor and have it poop for you

The first RDX200 I got from the 'egg, purchased a few days after it was first offered was a dud. RMA'd the board, and it runs like a champ. Very satisfied. Have yet to get the $$$ to give crossfire a shot.
    DFI RDX 200 CF-DR
    Cacje Opty 148 ~ 2.950ghz @ 1.63vcore ~ SI-120
    Corsair pc3200XL 295mhz @ 2.8v
    x1800xl w/ Zalaman 700
    Enermax 535w

xtreme energy
    Expert day 1, everything fine so far. Updated to 12/7 (now official already) bios which obviously solves cpu killing problem.

Xtreme Member
    For what it's worth, we've had very few returns on Expert boards (<2% or so) but a TON of returns on the Crossfire boards (~50%). I regret ever stocking the crossfire boards, they ended up costing us an arm and leg.

That being said, I hear the new revision works much better, and people are having FAR fewer problems. I'd be interested to see... but either way, I'm not stocking them anymore.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by TankGuys
    For what it's worth, we've had very few returns on Expert boards (<2% or so) but a TON of returns on the Crossfire boards (~50%). I regret ever stocking the crossfire boards, they ended up costing us an arm and leg.

That being said, I hear the new revision works much better, and people are having FAR fewer problems. I'd be interested to see... but either way, I'm not stocking them anymore.

lol yes, the crossfire boards seemed like they were trouble at first.

I havent heard much lately though.

Only issue I have with the expert is the Vcore temps. totally wrong and they wont fix it.

Expert died and took my FX57 with it

As heading says, a few weeks ago turned pc on everything was fine, to it switched it self of, never turned on again. I heard a buzzing noise though just after it switched off. Was using latest offical bios also.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex10
    As heading says, a few weeks ago turned pc on everything was fine, to it switched it self of, never turned on again. I heard a buzzing noise though just after it switched off. Was using latest offical bios also.
    Man, sorry about the loss.

That's pretty scary to think that one day I could turn on my system and "poof!" there goes my Opty.
    Opteron 185 (CABYE 0540) @ 2.80GHz (1.45V Vcore) --- DFI LanParty SLI-DR Expert @ 211MHz HTT
    2x1GB OCZ Gold GX XTC DDR500 --- 4x160GB Raptors in RAID 0 & 750GB WD (backup) --- PCP&C 1000W
    2xEVGA 8800GTS 640MB in SLI @ 675MHz core, 1080MHz memory
    TEC-cooling: 245W-320W TEC in Maze4-1 CPU block, Meanwell 480W
    Water-cooling: MCP655 pump, 1/2" tygon tubes, BIX III radiator, 6 Panaflo 114CFM fans (in push-pull)
    Hanns-G 25" 1080P LCD

Xtreme News Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Rocha
    On the Expert
    VCore=1,77v (maximum)
    VDimm=3,6v (maximum and voltemetered)
    RAM=Corsair BH5
    Thats extreme, I can see why it died
    "There's no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant market share. No chance." -- Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer

Its weird but i have better stability and overlocking with original bios EDB02.Second best was e704bta.Weird is that 12/7 crapped out didnt try the rest from Tmod boot cd.The known 623 from sli dr exists for expert or not?
    I have heard that there is a danger using old bios for killing cpu or memory.I ve heard the last one is practically safe.Which one is that statement reffered to,704bta2 or EDC07

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567