Thread: How to setup these loops

Xtreme Member

How to setup these loops

I'm slowly getting all the parts for my ATCS 840 build. But have some questions about how I should setup my loops. I originally planned on using one large loop with a radiator between each component, but I'm starting to lean towards 2 loops. (wifes not gonna be happy about me spending more though )

I Currently have a MCR320 and MCR220 on hand and I found a cheap Black Ice Pro Radiator (120m) I'll be installing as well. I'll be going with 1 or 2 MCP355 pumps with XPCS res tops. If I do decide to go with one pump how would it handle this many blocks and rads?

Pump/res >> MCR320 >> CPU Block (HK LC or Supreme LT) >> MCR220 >> GPU WB >> BIP Rad >> NB Block >> Mosfet Block(s) >>

Xtreme Guru
    Was going to direct you over to that ATCS 840 vs cosmos s thread, but seen you already found it

What is your CPU and GPU, and how many GPUs? The loop order doesn't matter, just run it so you use the least amount of tubing.

You might be ok with one loop, but might not be a bad idea to look into 2 loops.
    Project Millertime: The Core I5 build

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

Xtreme Member
    I guess knowing this parts would be important. I7 and 4890. One GPU for now, Then I'll grab a 2nd 4890 when ATI drops their new GPUs later this year.

Xtreme Mentor
    Gosh a 320 and 220 is all you really need. 320 for the CPU and the 220 for the GPU unless your going for world class OC on the GPU. And yea, two loops. And which i7? You can make a sig like many of us have.
    All stock for now, no need for more, but it's gonna be soon methinks.
    Giga Xtreme 58 mobo i7 965 ES D0 step Corsair 1600 6 gig
    SLI GTX470 EVGA
    EK HF nickle blue top CPU block (free from Eddie)
    Koolance 470 waterblocks
    One big loop, two 120x3 rads. Pa 120.3 and XSPC RX 120x3. Swiftech 35x pump with V2 restop. GT AP15 fans.
    Banchetto Tech Station
    120 GB SSD, and a few other drives.
    1000W UltraX3 PSU, 900 watt (1500VA UPS
    23.999" Acer GD235hz and 24" Acer H243H

Xtreme Member
    Ya, I know, but there was space for another rad so why not make use of it

I plan on driving up to the DC area and getting a I7 920 D from microcenter after getting the case put together. I'll start a thread on the build shortly.