Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: G.SKILL F1-4000USU2-2GBHZ REVIEW & DISCUSSION

G.Skill USA Tech
    it is true, if dfi bios doesn't setup properly, will result unstable
    Feel free to contact ustech@gskillusa.com or use our G.Skill Q&A Sub-Forum, if having any questions about G.Skill products

Check out our items on NewEgg

Xtreme Mentor
    I don't have any of the problems people report with the DFI NF4 boards, after I updated to the newest official BIOS (DFI site, not a modded one). The only thing that I have is that the DFI and my Seasonic PSU don't like each other. But all RAM slots work (even together), it likes all my RAM sticks, both my 3200+ and my X2 3800+ etc.

Xtreme Member
    For example.. the latest official DFI drivers from the site do not allow me to go above 250 FSB. I had to use one of the modded bios files.. the Forceware drivers don't play nice with my WD SATA drive.. the Catalyst drivers, well we all know the Catalyst drivers are hit and miss matter which ones you use.
    ASUS A832N Sli Deluxe | A64 FX-60 w/ Swiftech Apogee wb| 4@1024 G.Skill Extreme | 2@Nvidia 8800 GTS 640mb | PPC 700w | (2) WD Raptor 74GB SATA | XP 64

my heatware

Smile

Well... im not going to spring for a DFI unless this board proves to be an underachiever which I was starting to believe untill I updated to beta 18 bios which allowed my SB X-Fi to work. I cant overclock just yet.. ram is good LL stuff but not made for overclocking. My 2x1gb OCZ platinum memory sucks for overclocking on both my IC7-Max3 and this A8N-SLI lesson learned... read read read. Even after reading I cant figure out how to use a divider with the A8N and my 3800X2 soo...new ram on the way.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by demonR6
    For example.. the latest official DFI drivers from the site do not allow me to go above 250 FSB. I had to use one of the modded bios files.. the Forceware drivers don't play nice with my WD SATA drive.. the Catalyst drivers, well we all know the Catalyst drivers are hit and miss matter which ones you use.
    The f...ed up state of NVidia's Windoze drivers should not be mistaken for DFI board problems.

A few months ago Ithought NVidia was unfriendly to the Linux and FreeBSD fooks because it didn't help them write drivers. Now I see it is actually the other way round

Xtreme Member
    I am not saying it is a DFI issue.. more like a bios compatibility issue. Some play nice with XYZ hardware, some don't.
    ASUS A832N Sli Deluxe | A64 FX-60 w/ Swiftech Apogee wb| 4@1024 G.Skill Extreme | 2@Nvidia 8800 GTS 640mb | PPC 700w | (2) WD Raptor 74GB SATA | XP 64

my heatware

Well, i just ordered these sticks off of newegg today, they should be here by the end of the week. After hearing all these mobo issues i'm kinda worried. I have a MSI Neo4 Plat, but i dont see of anyone mentioning how these sticks worked with that. I'll let u kno how my sticks are on the weekend. Goin to Digital Life on sat, so it'll prob be sunday

Xtreme Member
    GSKILL tec, is 628-2 BIOS also good for this?
    Testing Rig
    Lian Li PC-S80
    Enermax Liberty 620W
    Asus P5K
    Conroe E6600
    2Gb OCZ PC8500 - @650 Club
    BFG 8800GTS 320Mb
    2xSamsung 80Gb SATA II Raid 0
    1xSeagate 320Gb SATA II 16Mb
    Pioneer DVR 110-D
    Water Cooled (MCP655-Storm-Maze4gpu-BIX-1/2tubing)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I will have this mem's at my place today, i will test them today or tomorrow...they are being hand picked of the stock available for me and for other guy, let's see what they can ...

Wich bios did use to test the 2gb kit G.S.T ?

"God...i know she's dead :'( but keep her soul alive because in my heart she will never die :'(" VoRtAn_MaDgE
    Nc te eskecerei avó! :'(

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VoRtAn_MaDgE
    I will have this mem's at my place today, i will test them today or tomorrow...they are being hand picked of the stock available for me and for other guy, let's see what they can ...

Wich bios did use to test the 2gb kit G.S.T ?
    Por quem? E pá, não quero ficar com o que sobra!
    Testing Rig
    Lian Li PC-S80
    Enermax Liberty 620W
    Asus P5K
    Conroe E6600
    BFG 8800GTS 320Mb
    Pioneer DVR 110-D

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Using 623-3 so far (dunno if it's the best)

Till now i've tried to reach the same speed that i use 24/7 with my 2x512 tccd kit at 1:1 ...did not tried to tight timmings just to get a start point to see what they can do.

cya
    Last edited by VoRtAn_MaDgE; 10-11-2005 at 12:03 PM.

"God...i know she's dead :'( but keep her soul alive because in my heart she will never die :'(" VoRtAn_MaDgE

G.Skill USA Tech
    702-x or 704-x i think is best for overclock ram and cpu
    Feel free to contact ustech@gskillusa.com or use our G.Skill Q&A Sub-Forum, if having any questions about G.Skill products

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by G.S Technician
    702-x or 704-x i think is best for overclock ram and cpu
    My dfi nforce 4 revision is the a03... i will try those bios tomorrow

The only thing that i need to do now is to mount the raid... any idea the time needed to install xp on a fx55 ar 3350 with 2gb of ram and with raid0?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Out of the box,

tests done,
    btw all oc are booted from bios, did not used a64tweaker yet!

First i tried to equal the 24/7 oc that i use with my old 2x512tccd kit, i try it with a higher multi to make sure that i achive it using 1:1 divisor!

Then start playing hard

CPC enable

And how about more 50mhz then before with my tccd kit?

Stay tuned, not maxed out yet

Cya guys!
    Last edited by VoRtAn_MaDgE; 10-11-2005 at 06:10 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast

I cant get past 225fsb on my Abit AN8-SLI, but i know very little about timings.. not sure what to relax and what not to relax. I also tried 250 HTx4 and 8x and it was a no go. Ive gotten alot further with these then i did with my OCZ Platinum 2x1gb.

Xtreme Member
    Any luck getting above 285 successfully with that 3000+ Venice E.? I hit my wall at 280 although 285 I can load Windows but not stable..

my heatware

G.Skill USA Tech
    you guys are outstanding

@JCGhz
    becasue the mobo is different, does it BSOD when you try my A64 setting?

you guys are outstanding

@JCGhz
    No, I dont get that far.. that's the problem.. im not sure about my ram settings... after changing something to 8 i was able to hit 225. I shoulda went with a DFI mobo im seriously considering ordering one.Ima n00b

I'm having a real hard time setting these babes on my MSI Neo2 Platinum @ X2 3800...

Any ideas about a good BIOS for them?

@ Vortan --> Desgraçado... Eu fico c as sobras n é...

[]
    8400 @ X48 @ 4.7
    4GB Cell Shock Micron D9 @ 1250
    8800GT Superclocked
    Watercooled

Xtreme Member
    G.S. Technician.. my 280*9 is at 1/01 with your timings on 2.6V.. at 285*9 I am able to load and it appears fine but as soon as I try SuperPi I get the 'non-convergent sqr' error. Adding more V to CPU or ram does not help, I have not been able to get a divider it likes either. It may be a motherboard/bios compatibility with 2GB?? Either way it looks like I cannot get above 280 on this CPU, I am going to retire this one and look for another. I want more..

I am pickup up a WC system, maybe I can push the envelope a little more once I get that and maybe not have to send this CPU into early retirement.
    Last edited by demonR6; 10-12-2005 at 08:55 AM.

my heatware

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin
    I'm having a real hard time setting these babes on my MSI Neo2 Platinum @ X2 3800...

Any ideas about a good BIOS for them?

@ Vortan --> Desgraçado... Eu fico c as sobras n é...

[]

Can someone help him? Its a pain to have this memory and not beeing able to get the most out of this.

P.S. As minhas chegam na sexta!
    Testing Rig
    Lian Li PC-S80
    Enermax Liberty 620W
    Asus P5K
    Conroe E6600
    BFG 8800GTS 320Mb
    Pioneer DVR 110-D

G.Skill USA Tech
    i haven't try any divider yet, will tested tomorrow or later. office is busy those few days.

Quote Originally Posted by demonR6
    G.S. Technician.. my 280*9 is at 1/01 with your timings on 2.6V.. at 285*9 I am able to load and it appears fine but as soon as I try SuperPi I get the 'non-convergent sqr' error. Adding more V to CPU or ram does not help, I have not been able to get a divider it likes either. It may be a motherboard/bios compatibility with 2GB?? Either way it looks like I cannot get above 280 on this CPU, I am going to retire this one and look for another. I want more..

I am pickup up a WC system, maybe I can push the envelope a little more once I get that and maybe not have to send this CPU into early retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkSP
    Can someone help him? Its a pain to have this memory and not beeing able to get the most out of this.

P.S. As minhas chegam na sexta!
    I've managed to get this rig going with the 2nd rev of the modded 1B BIOS.
    I'm able to shake 257 out of them stable, for now.
    Got two more versions of the same BIOS to check.
    Then i will tweek a bit with the a64 tweeker.
    Maybe they won't run smoothly with the nf3 at higher FSB.
    Some friends are testing some pairs tomorrow on the Neo2 to check...

[]
    8400 @ X48 @ 4.7
    4GB Cell Shock Micron D9 @ 1250
    8800GT Superclocked
    Watercooled

you guys are outstanding

@JCGhz

The settings took at first.. but on reboot the system became upstable and would reboot everytime it tried to apply setting on startup. Im up to 250fsb superpi systool stress test stable. I wish I could get your timings tho.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast