Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Unlocked Venice 3000+

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by $ilver
    but if its a mistake .. why are the multis available after this two weeks and not from the beginning ?
    That is a really good question. It says to me that something happened after the chip left the factory to unlocked those multipliers.

Xtreme Member
    Send it to me, I'll take a look at it. While you're at it, if you have any PSUs laying around, that'd be fine as well.

On topic, I have no idea what could have happened. As others have suggested, if you could get us nice close-up, highres shots of the CPU this would help considerably. At the very least, we would also like to see, maybe even borrow your ashtray and mousepad. Clearly, there is some kind of nifty, space/time continuum disrupting properties that they have.

To look at it from my point of view: sometimes you shouldn't look the gift horse in the mouth.

Enjoy your mini FX. Or, is it an FX LE? FX SE?

Xtreme Member
    What is the default multiplier when you put AUTO? Witch one choose your mobo?

Xtreme Addict
    Pirs, you need to try a second identical 3000+.

Xtreme Recruit
    What if coincedental a pin had broken off without him knowing or the san diego pin was stuck in allowing unlocked multipliers. Sort of like the pin method with the Athlon Xp's

Xtreme Guru
    See different people keep coming up with this stuff. Where there is smoke, there is fire.
    i5 750 4.20GHz @ NH-D14 | 8GB | P7P55DLE | 8800U | Indilinx SSD + Samsung F3 | HAF922 + CM750W
    Past: Q6600 @ 3.60 E6400 @ 3.60 | E6300 @ 3.40 | O165 @ 2.90 | X2 4400+ @ 2.80 | X2 3800+ @ 2.70 | VE 3200+ @ 2.80 | WI 3200+ @ 2.75 | WI 3000+ no IHS @ 2.72 | TBB 1700+ @ 2.60 | XP-M 2500+ @ 2.63 | NC 2800+ @ 2.40 | AB 1.60GHz @ 2.60
    Quote Originally Posted by CompGeek
    The US is the only country that doesn't use [nuclear weapons] to terrorize other countries. The US is based on Christian values, unlike any other country in the world. Granted we are straying from our Christian heritage, but we still have a freedom aimed diplomatic stance.

Xtreme Recruit
    I can understand the guy not wanting to take the IHS off. If someone is inexperienced and hasn't done it before he could kill his processor doing it.

I dont think it would be a debadged FX. Reason being the core on the fx's are different and what about the extra cache on the fx's? They would have to go to so much trouble to debadge it that it is almost no point in doing it.

I think accidentally he has stumbled upon a way of unlocking the venice's but I would like to see what happens when he puts his san diego back in.

Xtreme Legend
    VeniceFX............... cool congrats

do we know how many cigies are needed and were any lit up or finished ROFL
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Addict
    lol so much baalenced on the head on a needle

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesce
    I can understand the guy not wanting to take the IHS off. If someone is inexperienced and hasn't done it before he could kill his processor doing it.

I dont think it would be a debadged FX. Reason being the core on the fx's are different and what about the extra cache on the fx's? They would have to go to so much trouble to debadge it that it is almost no point in doing it.

I think accidentally he has stumbled upon a way of unlocking the venice's but I would like to see what happens when he puts his san diego back in.
    If he is afraid to do the deed...send it to someone else to do it and inspect....he's :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:footing around when it seems he has the key on how to do it. Make sure that person has a VERY similar 3000+ to which to compare it to (stepping and all).

XS News
    I think this is more like an accidentally method of doing this. Didn't he state that it was a regular Venice before?

It might be an issue between the BIOS....

Xtreme Legend
    i can't help but think we are all sitting on unlocked Venices...just a matter of time before someone figures out a trick with the ashtray and cigies
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Admin
    If nothing else, the CPU should be properly inspected by someone with a very similar Venice.

Bulletproof
    How'ed you run 166HTT? I dont think I've ever used an A64 board that let me underclock the HTT.
    Only the stupidest humans believe that the dogma of relative filth is a defense.

Admin
    Now that I see it, you're right Lithan....very odd.

Xtreme Addict
    im thinking some dust got in a pin hole/on a pin or 2 of the cpu. dust is conductive, and it could connect 2 pins. my guess is if he takes the cpu out and puts it back in the dust will be removed/degraded and the cpu will be locked once again. of course, if this theory is correct, that means there is definately a pin mod that will work. I just dont want to be the sucker trying all the possible ways with 939 pins. :P

Xtreme Member

this thread is useless without HIGH RES PICS

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithan
    How'ed you run 166HTT? I dont think I've ever used an A64 board that let me underclock the HTT.
    your right, im gonna check my bios on my an8 right now too see if its there

Xtreme Member
    any other HTT ( don't post 200HTT ) and 10 Multi ?

Turkey Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesce
    Were you witness to the several weeks of CAA2C "Clawcastles"?
    Everyone seemed certain they were derated FX-53's.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M
    Were you witness to the several weeks of CAA2C "Clawcastles"?
    Everyone seemed certain they were derated FX-53's.

unlocked? and also, if this was a debadged fx, it should have been unlocked from the beginning. not locked, sits for two weeks, and becomes unlocked. or maybe its that time...where computers are getting minds of their owns!

If that was my CPU, I wouldn't even move the computer case, just in case. Every time I used the computer, I'd sneak up on it and hope it didn't re-lock.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithan

wait a minute. a store i know advertizes it's A64's as 333fsb.....

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaveca
    wait a minute. a store i know advertizes it's A64's as 333fsb.....

and hp used 333fsb a64s to get away with using pc2700 ram.

Xtreme Member
    those just run with a divider

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast