Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holy TOLEDO! - Here's my x2 4600+

XS_THE_MACHINE
    wow, tese chips are amazing. Cant wait for OPB to get this and reach some insane speeds. He could probably break 30k in sandra arithmetic.
    "Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting"

clicks to save kids

Phenom™
    Quote Originally Posted by eva2000
    so lovely... just noticed smartguardian says 12.41v on 12v rail

How high you set your psu's 12V rail via multi-meter? as on my DFI NF4 SLI-D, 12.09v in smartguardian is already 12.35-12.41v via multi-meter! You running 12.6-12.8v ?

what psu ya using ?
    You know what, I really don't remember what it measured @ the molex, but I know for sure that there wasn't as much of a discrepancy as with your setup. My psu? Hehehe....it's a modded Zippy 700W that's capable of giving me 12.9+V on the 12v with maybe at most a .02V drop while OC'd :

Ok yesterday was my day to play with the 11x multiplier. This cpu's OK, I guess :

Phenom™
    So this was basically all I've had time to do and most likely I'm not going to do too much more testing with somebody else's cpu . There was, however, a couple of issues with the cpu and compatibility with a couple of progs. Clockgen didn't allow the changing of Vcore in windows. It could have made OC this cpu quite a horrible experience if it wasn't for the fact that it ran solid at whatever I set it at. Also, for some reason, it had the pcie speed clocked at ~88Mhz sporatically for no apparent reason. Another program which I had problems with was Sisoft's Sandra2005. Most of the issues came from the Memory Bandwidth Benchmark. I can only recall completing the benchmark only 2 times. Every other time I ran it, there was either an error in windows, a complete lockup, or a bsod. I've never seen this happen before where I could complete a spi1m run, but couldn't complete Sandra's Memory Bandwidth Bench. I think sisoft may need an update for the program to function correctly with the x2 (or maybe I just haven't dl'd it yet ) Here's a screenie - check out cpuz's speed and what sandra sees it at:

Xtreme Member
    Voltage changing in clockgen doesnt work for me either, so i dont think thats dc specific

Phenom™
    Quote Originally Posted by moddolicous
    wow, tese chips are amazing. Cant wait for OPB to get this and reach some insane speeds. He could probably break 30k in sandra arithmetic.
    I wouldn't doubt it. This cpu's got a lot of headroom left and OPB's someone who knows how to sqeeze every last mhz outta a cpu. Here's just a glimpse of the possibilities with this chip:

1.488Vcore! I tried bumping the vcore to complete spi1m, but only got through 17 iterations. I'd love to mess with it a little more, but I'm gonna end up taking it out soon and packing it up for opb. I'm sure we're gonna see some wild results from him

Memory Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by s7e9h3n
    You know what, I really don't remember what it measured @ the molex, but I know for sure that there wasn't as much of a discrepancy as with your setup. My psu? Hehehe....it's a modded Zippy 700W that's capable of giving me 12.9+V on the 12v with maybe at most a .02V drop while OC'd :
    http://img255.echo.cx/img255/5131/zippy12v2mz.jpg
    care to measure it right now ? really interested to know what the diff between your smartguardian reported 12v rail and multi-meter
    ---

Phenom™
    Quote Originally Posted by sr4470
    Voltage changing in clockgen doesnt work for me either, so i dont think thats dc specific
    Is it unavailable? Or just simply doesn't work? Here what it looks like:

Phenom™
    care to measure it right now ? really interested to know what the diff between your smartguardian reported 12v rail and multi-meter
    I would have done that for you earlier, but right now I'm using a backup psu (antec neo) since I took my zippy out to redo the paint job I'll re-install it later and let you know. Sorry....

Memory Addict
    try with VID = AUTO then use clockgen ?

no probs about psu but let me know.. seems most high clocking venice/sandy users have very high 12v rails set
    ---

Phenom™
    try with VID = AUTO then use clockgen ?
    Of course I've tried that! along with every other bios setting available.

Memory Addict
    maybe try different bios ?
    ---

Phenom™
    maybe try different bios ?
    That could work, but then again, clockgen was working fine with my 3200+ Venice adn same bios. BTW it's 510-3 don't think I could find anything more current

Xtreme Mentor
    Cant wait for opb to get his hands on that sucker
    Abit KN9-SLI
    X2 3800+
    1gb corsair pc5400
    2 evga 7900gt
    200gb maxtor sata
    ocz 520w
    heatware:althes
    ebay althes

Memory Addict
    That could work, but then again, clockgen was working fine with my 3200+ Venice adn same bios. BTW it's 510-3 don't think I could find anything more current
    With the cpus you get access to, you should join DFI's bios beta testing team and get the latest bioses to test with heh
    ---

Xtreme Member
    Is it unavailable? Or just simply doesn't work? Here what it looks like:
    Shows up, but has no effect when i select it

Edit: i'm still on 414-3 bios, if thats any help..
    Last edited by sr4470; 05-29-2005 at 05:35 PM.

Phenom™
    Shows up, but has no effect when i select it

Edit: i'm still on 414-3 bios, if thats any help..
    Ok, I didn't think that it was the same prob You should take eva's advice on this one.....your vid isn't set to auto in bios......

Phenom™
    Quote Originally Posted by althes
    Cant wait for opb to get his hands on that sucker
    Sorry I wan't good enough for you

Phenom™
    With the cpus you get access to, you should join DFI's bios beta testing team and get the latest bioses to test with heh
    I dunno about that. Weird bsod's and reboots aren't exactly what I strive for when testing

Xtreme Member
    I dunno about that. Weird bsod's and reboots aren't exactly what I strive for when testing
    The 1-25 bios was terrible, cant believe my mobo shipped with that in april

Edit: anyway back on topic, when are we likely to see these dc in significant numbers?
    Last edited by sr4470; 05-29-2005 at 05:54 PM.

Phenom™
    The 1-25 bios was terrible, cant believe my mobo shipped with that in april

Edit: anyway back on topic, when are we likely to see these dc in significant numbers?
    Of course, they're already around, just not available to the general public. Only OEMS ATM, but expect to see them soon....

Xtreme Member
    Gonna have to wait a while for the 4200\4400 to come down to a reasonable price, however i hear it will be between 4000+ and FX prices in the UK (£410?)

Banned
    I wouldn't doubt it. This cpu's got a lot of headroom left and OPB's someone who knows how to sqeeze every last mhz outta a cpu. Here's just a glimpse of the possibilities with this chip:
    1.488Vcore! I tried bumping the vcore to complete spi1m, but only got through 17 iterations. I'd love to mess with it a little more, but I'm gonna end up taking it out soon and packing it up for opb. I'm sure we're gonna see some wild results from him

ha, ya, I will do my best to get her fly, thanks buddy, you did a great job. ..I am out of twon, will back home tomorrow.

Phenom™
    OK, it's a foregone conclusion.....remember you heard it here first OPB will be at the top of PCMARK04 orb in less than a week . Here' my final bench on this cpu with no tweaks or anything of that nature. Just my plain old 6600gt @ 561/1160 or something like that.(I have no idea why the grammar check doesn't compete since I know nothing about this benchmark). This is a comparison to Sampsa and Kamu's #1 score in PCMark2004 done with their x2 4800 on LN2 and an x850xtpe I believe (the 4600 is the one on top):
    Oh yeah, and I'm running the cpu @ 3190 - 11x290 vs their 4800 @ 3223. This cpu is barely breaking a sweat at this speed.....

Xtreme Mentor
    At what speed can you complete 32M at?

Thanks

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by =[PULSAR]=
    At what speed can you complete 32M at?

Thanks

Steve might pack that cpu already, so I will answer you this question on either Wednesday or Thursday. Thank you my friend.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast