Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: MUSHKIN REDLINE XP4000 sneak peek...

Quote Originally Posted by Duonger
    Soulburner

are you one of the reviewers we sent modules to?

Duonger
    No i'm not, but I placed my order today via your website
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    Skylake i7-6700K @ 4600 Mhz
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulburner
    I should have results by the end of the week

1x512
    2x512
    3x512

AND

4x512
    Look forward to it

Be nice to know if the IC issue could be cleared up, I DONT wont another set of UTT CH ie VX. To many of us are starting to get boot issues with these
    DFI Ultra-D
    X2 3800 Toledo 290x10 (1.39v) (not tweaked yet)
    2x 1GB Ballistix
    Sapphire X1950 256
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.9
    OCZPowerstream 520
    Custom water cooled

Xtreme Mentor
    Mushkin sales tells me the chips on the Redline 4000's are in fact Winbond UTT. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. I'll have a set on wed.
    Last edited by xgman; 05-09-2005 at 11:32 AM.
    {2012 27imac-3.4i7-680mx-32gb ram-768SSD+External TB Samsung840pro ssd + TB velociraptors-Moto828mkIII/Marantz/Amphion Sound-HPzR30w 2nd monitor}

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by HKPolice
    Haha, I posted in their forum thread and pointed out the A64 4x multiplier bug. Then they fixed it. Hahahaha they didn't know about it before.

'legit reviews' doesn't sound so legit anymore.

Here is the thread: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopic.php?t=1839

Actually, I found in one of their threads where eva2000 had brought it up to the author back in mid April so he knew about it before the article was even released. I don't know if he just figured that it looked good to say that he had hit DDR600 and that no one would raise any questions.

In any event, you brought it up again in the discussions but it appears that some of those guys seem to have blinders on because they were more interested in shooting you down and making accusations about your motives than they were in getting to the truth.

After I posted that your comments were valid the article's author felt compelled to comment at that point that maybe it needed to be looked at a little more. I've been meaning to go back and see if any of those other posters had the decency to apologize to you.

I wonder just how smug they are feeling now.

Xtreme Member
    Just to confirm, yes its Winbond UTT.

Hello Michael,
    Glad to hear that you are doing your homework . Anyway, to answer your questions the kind of IC's the xp4000 redline use are the Winbond UTT chips. They won't be hitting retailors anytime soon but you may find the 3200 or the 3500. This modules is spec to run at 250mhz, you can sometimes run it at 280mhz depending on your motherboard however we do not guarantee it above 250mhz. I hope this answers all your questions. Have a great day.
    Thank You,
    Christie J.
    Mushkin Inc.
    A message from Mushkin, very good support
    AMD Athlon 64 3000+ NewCastle @ 2450mhz (245x10)
    OCZ PC3200 Platinum (2x256) @ 225mhz 2-3-2-5 [retired]
    Corsair PC3200 TwinX (2x512) @ 245mhz 2-3-3-10
    Seagate 250GB 7200.8 SATA
    Soltek SL-K8AN2E-GR - nF3 250
    Antec Neopower 500W
    ATI Radeon 9800Pro

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HKPolice
    Haha, I posted in their forum thread and pointed out the A64 4x multiplier bug. Then they fixed it. Hahahaha they didn't know about it before.

'legit reviews' doesn't sound so legit anymore.

Here is the thread: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopic.php?t=1839
    Good going HKP,well done m8
    Someone had to show them

The main issue with a lot of hardware reviews is that most are done by journalist and not computer enthusiast .
    Asus P6T Deluxe, Core i7 920 @ 4.1ghz, Corsair Dominator Tri channel 1600Mhz
    Evga GTX285, Raptor 150GB, Corsair HX620

Apogee GTZ, PA 120.3, CM Stacker STC-01, DDC 3.1 MCP355/XSPC top.
    Win Vista Premium X64

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by uscfan
    Just to confirm, yes its Winbond UTT.
    A message from Mushkin, very good support
    Well, we all know that Mushkin, OCZ, Gskill, TwinMOS most likely use Winbond UTT chips. The real question is what UTT chips are those. Are they W942508BH-5 or W942516CH-5 or something totally different. Something new.

Many Taiwaneese fabs (not only Winbond, but very likely Powerchip and somne others) are dumping UTT chips now. That' have seemed to be quite popular practice among them for the last few months to sell UnTesTed dirt-cheap ICs for like $.05 and not bother to burn-test them or mark them. Then OCZ or Mushkin or anyone else buys them, makes modules really cheap. And still, If they fail in customers hands, replacing them with another one will not be a problem as making those modules is be very cheap, comparing to real, binned and tested ICs. Unless, some extensive testing and speed-binning will be done by module manufacturers.

Mushkin U.S.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by bachus_anonym

Many Taiwaneese fabs (not only Winbond, but very likely Powerchip and somne others) are dumping UTT chips now. That' have seemed to be quite popular practice among them for the last few months to sell UnTesTed dirt-cheap ICs for like $.05 and not bother to burn-test them or mark them. Then OCZ or Mushkin or anyone else buys them, makes modules really cheap. And still, If they fail in customers hands, replacing them with another one will not be a problem as making those modules is be very cheap, comparing to real, binned and tested ICs. Unless, some extensive testing and speed-binning will be done by module manufacturers.
    Please tell me who i can contact o buy those 5 Cents UTT from?????.... Right now I know we are paying a heck of a lot more than that.... WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more... LOL.. and the testing is the most expensive part. If it were so easy I suspect my bosses to be letting the sales dept move all the parts they want but there are many cost involve that you guys do not see. The Legit Artical took it to the extreme. Heck if it was 5 cents, man i would make bank on all the stuff on my desk right now. EBAY anyone.

18pcs 1gig 400
    26pcs 256 400 blues
    32pcs 512 400 blues
    8pcs 512 3500 Reds
    8pcs 512 4000 Reds
    10pcs 512 DDR2 667

Duonger

Xtreme Member
    still non the wiser as to what UTT they are!!!!I'll hold off then see if ppl start getting cold boot problems
    DFI Ultra-D
    2x 1GB Ballistix
    Sapphire X1950 256
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.9
    OCZPowerstream 520
    Custom water cooled

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Well, that $.05 was just my shot in the dark, I would suspect that those UTT ICs are more expensive
    My point was, that since DDR2 market is not blooming as well as many module makers wanted it to, many fabs are punching very large quantities of untested DDR ICs, to prevent another wave of looses from stagnating DDR2 demand. And module makers figured that it could be a good business to pick them up, cheaper than regular ICs, slap them on some BrainPower and sell them cheaper. That's why we're seeing many cheap kits, below $100 for a gig.
    XP4000 from Mushkin or PC3200 VX or PC4000 VX from OCZ, that is a different story as these modules are extensively tested, binned, getting marked which adds up to the total cost. But still, having them made from UTTs makes them cheaper than if it would have to be made from full-quality "say BH-5" chips.

@Duonger,

Do you actually know, what those Winbond chips are then? Module manufacturers should know that, right? Is this something new or just old stuff being "reactivated" ???
    Last edited by bachus_anonym; 05-09-2005 at 02:12 PM.

Mushkin U.S.A.
    I not sure what chips they are. All I know it is Winbond chips but processed by Infineon. As for the UTT that you out there for $100, Im just very leary of them. What people dont understand it once a process is in place to build the wafer and IC`s, it can not be stopped. If it is, then a lot of money is lost. Like the earthquake several years back in Taiwan. It shifted the production line and caused memory to sky rocket. Once a wafer is in production, all the steps and calibrations has to be completed otherwise that wafer is DOA and sent to scrap. That is a LOT of $$ lost.

I know I am rabbling but if you want to message me at via MSN duonger2@hotmail.com i can elaborate more...
    Last edited by Duonger; 05-09-2005 at 02:21 PM.

Memory Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Reefa_Madness
    I posted, commenting that the post by HKPolice (quoted above) had validity and the article's author then posted saying he would look into it as part of a review of OCZ's VX ram and in the meantime he would edit the article from DDR600 to DDR500.

You guys shook him up I think. Eva2000 had already posted this info in a thread there at LR back in mid April so I'm not sure why he posted that DDR600 stuff, as he had been made aware of the problem with the 4x multi.

Anyways, bottom line is that there was no DDR600.

I take my "WOW" back (I can do that, can't I?).
    yeah i did mention it to them a few weeks back heh
    ---

THE ORIGINAL OC JEDI
    Quote Originally Posted by Reefa_Madness
    Actually, I found in one of their threads where eva2000 had brought it up to the author back in mid April so he knew about it before the article was even released. I don't know if he just figured that it looked good to say that he had hit DDR600 and that no one would raise any questions.

In any event, you brought it up again in the discussions but it appears that some of those guys seem to have blinders on because they were more interested in shooting you down and making accusations about your motives than they were in getting to the truth.

After I posted that your comments were valid the article's author felt compelled to comment at that point that maybe it needed to be looked at a little more. I've been meaning to go back and see if any of those other posters had the decency to apologize to you.

I wonder just how smug they are feeling now.

DDR600 for "real" isn't THAT far off... I've seen low 290's here. If someone had really good sticks, binned nicely, I can imagine it!

C

XS News
    Quote Originally Posted by jiff
    still non the wiser as to what UTT they are!!!!I'll hold off then see if ppl start getting cold boot problems
    I have some sticks here that sometimes boot and sometimes not, is that common for UTT ??
    Havent read anything about it.
    Everything extra is bad!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie
    DDR600 for "real" isn't THAT far off... I've seen low 290's here. If someone had really good sticks, binned nicely, I can imagine it!

C
    Your recent results, among others, was why I was a little quick to bite on the DDR600 claim. People are getting close, oh so close...

Xtreme Mentor

C
    So, what frequency are you at now? My wife's gonna kill me but I need a set. This is the one to get, right?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by conrad.maranan
    My wife's gonna kill me but I need a set.
    if this is your first night in xtremesystems,
    you have to overclock.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubermann
    I have some sticks here that sometimes boot and sometimes not, is that common for UTT ??
    Havent read anything about it.
    There is now a thread

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ad.php?t=61210

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ad.php?t=60633

There is also a very long thread @ DFI street.
    A chap from Mushkin said last night he will look into it, as they send samples to AMD and DFI.
    There seems to alot of VX users having problems, but they maybe that there are more VX users.
    DFI Ultra-D
    2x 1GB Ballistix
    Sapphire X1950 256
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.9
    OCZPowerstream 520
    Custom water cooled

THE ORIGINAL OC JEDI
    There is now a thread

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ad.php?t=61210

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ad.php?t=60633

There is also a very long thread @ DFI street.
    A chap from Mushkin said last night he will look into it, as they send samples to AMD and DFI.
    There seems to alot of VX users having problems, but they maybe that there are more VX users.
    Everyone has the boot issues with ALL UTT stuff... ESPECIALLY on the DFI, lol...

C

Xtreme Member
    Everyone has the boot issues with ALL UTT stuff... ESPECIALLY on the DFI, lol...

C
    Clearly not everyone has a problem, the poll suggests only about 40% do, I also havent read that anyone has had problems with UTT-BH.
    But I would be more than happy to be proved wrong as Im about to order some BH GSkill
    DFI Ultra-D
    2x 1GB Ballistix
    Sapphire X1950 256
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.9
    OCZPowerstream 520
    Custom water cooled

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by bachus_anonym
    Well, we all know that Mushkin, OCZ, Gskill, TwinMOS most likely use Winbond UTT chips. The real question is what UTT chips are those. Are they W942508BH-5 or W942516CH-5 or something totally different. Something new.

They are CH5's on the 3500 and 4000 Redlines.
    {2012 27imac-3.4i7-680mx-32gb ram-768SSD+External TB Samsung840pro ssd + TB velociraptors-Moto828mkIII/Marantz/Amphion Sound-HPzR30w 2nd monitor}

THE ORIGINAL OC JEDI
    Clearly not everyone has a problem, the poll suggests only about 40% do, I also havent read that anyone has had problems with UTT-BH.
    But I would be more than happy to be proved wrong as Im about to order some BH GSkill
    I have BH5-UTT also, and I'd say about 1/2 the time after swapping ram sticks, I have cold boot probs...
    When the rig BSOD's, I have probs booting maybe 25% of the time. When switching between "types" of ram, like tccd to UTT, I nearly ALWAYS have to start with one stick until I get a post then add the 2nd upon a shutdown/restart.

C

Overclocking Guru
    I have BH5-UTT also, and I'd say about 1/2 the time after swapping ram sticks, I have cold boot probs...
    When the rig BSOD's, I have probs booting maybe 25% of the time. When switching between "types" of ram, like tccd to UTT, I nearly ALWAYS have to start with one stick until I get a post then add the 2nd upon a shutdown/restart.

C
    Wow, I've been haveing that problem alot lately. I don't remember having these problems before, I thought it was my CPU mem controller wigging out.
    Mobo starts up great with with my 2x 256 BH-5 LevelII. Only fires up about a quarter of the time with my 2x 512 VX.

OPP

Xtreme Enthusiast
    odd, I have never had a problem with the VX.
    | MSI K8N Diamond Plus | WaterCooled A64X2 4200+ | 2x1024 PC4000 EB Plat | 2x BFG 7800GT | Maxtor DMax 10 SATA 250gb 16mb cache & 200gb 8 mb cache| OCZ 700watt GamerXtreme PSU | Plextor 716SA DL DVDRW

HeatWare

Overclocking Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by LikwidKool
    odd, I have never had a problem with the VX.
    I've never had it before this last FX-55 chip.

OPP

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast