Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Thread: *****Official***** DFI NF4 ultra-D first look

Xtreme Member
    Oh what the hell, how can they do that? I'm getting a K8N now, f**k DFI.
    Last edited by abstrakt; 01-20-2005 at 12:11 AM.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by OPPAINTER
    My lttle blue Asus H/S on it now is frying big time, hot, hot.

OPP
    How's the new FX-55 going with the extra volts ? Did it hit a brick wall at 3400 or so, or is it overclocking more ?

Regards

Andy

Hel-löy?

1st post on this board, about that ATI thing, check out this thread from the DFI-boards...

It seems that Angry_Games (DFI-street admin) is running his NF4 SLI-DR board with an ATI X850 XT PE with no clearance problems whatsoever...

Before we get more information (Which make and model of an ATI PCIe card doesn´t fit) and more evidence (pictures) I would tend to believe that it will be quite possible to install an PCIe ATI card to either of the PCIe 16x slots. So calm down, I don´t think there is need to panic or overreact.

Ok, I have to say this even though it could mean a little or nothing in the end: His board is not the latest version, i.e. "The Production Version" board that most of you peeps will get from the stores within a couple of weeks. It *doesn´t* differ visually or component wise from the production board, the chipset fan is the same. The only difference should be in it´s BIOS. That said, y'all just relax and while away your time doing something creative. (Like frantically browsing the hardware sites waiting for the first reviews of this board to be published... )

Xtreme Lusitanian
    Welcome to XS !!!
    Mother Tongue speaks to me in the strangest way I ever seen, I know she sees in me the proudest child ... virando costas ao mundo orgulhosamente sos, gloria antiga volta a nos" - MOONSPELL
    Who are you to criticize, to judge and burn the tribes, the world will be extinct and your flesh will rot with mine - SEPULTURA

XS WCG

Xtreme Member
    A lot of us have this board on pre-order and have x800XL's or whatever on order aswell, can you please tell us what cards dont fit and if it will be fixed by the time the shops get these boards?

Dave
    A64 @2720 w/ RBX, DFI NF4 Ultra, Radeon X800XL w/ Maze 4, Antec NeoPower 480, 1GB Geil PC4000, IIyama 19" monitor and maxtor diamondmax 80 + 30GB

Hi!

And thanks for the welcome!

Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Feiticeira
    ...can you please tell us what cards dont fit and if it will be fixed by the time the shops get these boards?
    I do not work for DFI (Nor am I in anyway affiliated with them) so I really have no idea about that. I can only rely on information that I find from the net. But I think it would be safe to trust Angry_Games's words about this...

Quote Originally Posted by Angry_Games (DFI Forums admin)
    incorrect. ATI X850XT fits perfect, as does an X800XL. All ATI cards will fit this board without any problem in either PCI-E slot.
    Linkage:
    DFI Forums thread about the NF4 SLI-DR

Banned
    How's the new FX-55 going with the extra volts ? Did it hit a brick wall at 3400 or so, or is it overclocking more ?

Regards

Andy
    I would like to know also? I will do runs today with my new fx55 and this time if its a good chip like before you can use it for awhile since It looks lke ATI isn't shipping those damm pre-ordered 850's still

My lttle blue Asus H/S on it now is frying big time, hot, hot.

OPP
    Time for the old days when we slapped a tec on the chipset
    http://img64.exs.cx/img64/1700/nf20pl.jpg

Last edited by choseone214; 01-20-2005 at 03:45 AM.

Xtreme Member
    hello,
    I also preordered this board (sli-dr), but i´m not shure which graficcard to get.
    but i prefer the x800xl.
    the board here in germany will be released on 28th or 31th january.
    has anybody a picture of the board with an ati card, so we could see that it will fit

Fused
    Quote Originally Posted by manalainen
    I do not work for DFI (Nor am I in anyway affiliated with them) so I really have no idea about that. I can only rely on information that I find from the net. But I think it would be safe to trust Angry_Games's words about this...
    Linkage:
    DFI Forums thread about the NF4 SLI-DR
    you are refering to someone who work with DFI...

Off topic post follows (sorry, I just couldn´t resist replying...):

>TicTac:
    If I got it right you are poking me for saying I´m not in anyway affiliated with DFI, right?

I frequent and have even registered to that forum but that doesn´t make me *affiliated* with DFI or with Angry_Games for that matter. I´m not a member of DFI and I do not work for Angry_Games.

--
    From the Dictionary.com:

Affiliated:
    1. To adopt or accept as a member, subordinate associate, or branch: The HMO affiliated the clinics last year.
    2. To associate (oneself) as a subordinate, subsidiary, employee, or member: affiliated herself with a new law firm.
    3. To assign the origin of.

v. intr.
    To become closely connected or associated: The two unions voted to affiliate.

n. (--t, -t)
    A person, organization, or establishment associated with another as a subordinate, subsidiary, or member: network affiliates.

[Medieval Latin afflire, to adopt : Latin ad-, ad- + Latin flius, son; see dh(i)- in Indo-European Roots.]af·fili·ation n.
    --

Further replies to this particular piece of off-topicism can be PM´d to me, (That is if anyone should bother...) Thanks!

can anyone confirm whether there is 4 holes on the mobo ? particularly below the hsf holder ..I want to mount my H20 block.....want put my winnie on H20 else had to think of a way to mount my H20 block....

thanks

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by choseone214
    I would like to know also? I will do runs today with my new fx55 and this time if its a good chip like before you can use it for awhile since It looks lke ATI isn't shipping those damm pre-ordered 850's still

The 850's are shipping. Mine is on the way.
    {2012 27imac-3.4i7-680mx-32gb ram-768SSD+External TB Samsung840pro ssd + TB velociraptors-Moto828mkIII/Marantz/Amphion Sound-HPzR30w 2nd monitor}

Xtreme Guru

this is the board with an x850xt pe installed. Crappy picture. OPP, you have an MSI x800xt pci-e.. is it the same ati refference design? Same damn pcb etc? this pic from Angry_Games's is really bad. it doesn't show much, but that is indeed a x850 xt pe.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trans am

this is the board with an x850xt pe installed. Crappy picture. OPP, you have an MSI x800xt pci-e.. is it the same ati refference design? Same damn pcb etc? this pic from Angry_Games's is really bad. it doesn't show much, but that is indeed a x850 xt pe.
    Ummm...pic is scary in a sense for it looks like it would be a challenge to place a second similar graphic card in there...

Anywho, Ultra is what I ordered and now that 850 fits....so does X800 XL (on order). I'm happy...just got to be patient and wait for the stuff.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by manalainen
    Off topic post follows (sorry, I just couldn´t resist replying...):

>TicTac:
    If I got it right you are poking me for saying I´m not in anyway affiliated with DFI, right?

I frequent and have even registered to that forum but that doesn´t make me *affiliated* with DFI or with Angry_Games for that matter. I´m not a member of DFI and I do not work for Angry_Games.

--
    From the Dictionary.com:

Affiliated:
    1. To adopt or accept as a member, subordinate associate, or branch: The HMO affiliated the clinics last year.
    2. To associate (oneself) as a subordinate, subsidiary, employee, or member: affiliated herself with a new law firm.
    3. To assign the origin of.

v. intr.
    To become closely connected or associated: The two unions voted to affiliate.

n. (--t, -t)
    A person, organization, or establishment associated with another as a subordinate, subsidiary, or member: network affiliates.

[Medieval Latin afflire, to adopt : Latin ad-, ad- + Latin flius, son; see dh(i)- in Indo-European Roots.]af·fili·ation n.
    --

Further replies to this particular piece of off-topicism can be PM´d to me, (That is if anyone should bother...) Thanks!

All tictac is saying is you're trusting angry games who works for DFI...

he never said you are affiliated with DFI.

and what the hell are you doing giving him a definition of affiliated? do you think hes stupid or something?? You have 3 posts; show some respect and respect will be shown to you

/off topic

considering an x850 fits, maybe its an x800 wont fit? OPP where is the fan blocking? The pcb or heatsink on your card?
    3570K ● Asus V Gene ● 8GB Mushkin DDR3-2133 ● EVGA 660 Ti SC ● Seasonic X750 ● 128GB Samsung 830 SSD & External 1TB RAID1

SupremeFX SPDIF -> MHDT Constantine DAC -> Darkvoice 336i Tube Amplifier -> AKG K701

Xtreme Member
    So do they frickin' fit or not? Does OPP have an old reference board or have the designs changed? I tend to believe OPP when he says they don't.
    Which way is it to Vardala?

Xtreme Mentor
    We need a definitive answer from DFI on this one.
    {2012 27imac-3.4i7-680mx-32gb ram-768SSD+External TB Samsung840pro ssd + TB velociraptors-Moto828mkIII/Marantz/Amphion Sound-HPzR30w 2nd monitor}

Xtreme Member
    From the pic trans am posted i guess that it does fit.

Xtreme Cruncher
    thats an x850 though....a x800 series might not fit
    3570K ● Asus V Gene ● 8GB Mushkin DDR3-2133 ● EVGA 660 Ti SC ● Seasonic X750 ● 128GB Samsung 830 SSD & External 1TB RAID1

SupremeFX SPDIF -> MHDT Constantine DAC -> Darkvoice 336i Tube Amplifier -> AKG K701

Xtreme Member
    "before you go crying out 'omg there's a problem already!' realize that I have a board that isn't the final board, and OCZ Tony himself has the latest revision of board with a different BIOS than I have. I am checking into it."

In the above quote, angry says his board isn't the final revision. It's all specualtion at this point but my guess is Opp knows how to install a videocard.
    Maximus Formula||E8400 9x445 1.42v||2x2GB GSkill PC8000||150GB Raptor||ATI 3870 840/1200||Vista64

DFI NF4 Ultra-D modded to SLI-D||Opteron 165||4x512MB Patriot XBL 2.7v||X850XT 575/594||37GB Raptor||Seagate 120gb||Audigy 2 ZS||XP Pro

Overclocking Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by trans am

I have ATI X300, ATI X800XT and this MSI XT800 card. None of them fit.
    I have the SLI board, Maybe the the Ultra version uses a smaller H/S, I doubt it though.

OPP

Banned
    OPP, the chipset cooler is in the way of the cards? sorry If I missed what the issue Is here.

Overclocking Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by choseone214
    OPP, the chipset cooler is in the way of the cards? sorry If I missed what the issue Is here.
    Reread from the last page

OPP

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OPPAINTER
    I have ATI X300, ATI X800XT and this MSI XT800 card. None of them fit.
    I have the SLI board, Maybe the the Ultra version uses a smaller H/S, I doubt it though.

OPP
    That's also an SLI board OPP that A_G is using, now at stake is : Is the board he has a pre-release board ( possible ) and final board ( which I think u said u have ) somehow, somewhere components shifted by design ~ darn puzzling this one.

choseone214:

Franklly dude how hard is it to go back a couple pages to read the thread, as oppose to asking people to repeat themselves....geezzz seriously !

Overclocking Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by uwackme

OPP... what voltages are you running on your X800 gpu/mem?
    When I used it on the cascade the other day I found it ran at 1.95/2.4 to get 789/659. I still have to work on the card, I think it will do higher core MHz with more volts.

OPP

Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast