Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is this motherboard good enough?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    did it work?!!!
    Biostar A780 mATX
    AMD Phenom II x2 (Unlocked to x4) Stock Clock/Heatsink
    ATI X850XTPE Stock
    OCZ 2x2GB DDR2-800
    Seagate 320GB 16MB Cache Sata 3.0

heatware: skip86

Xtreme Member
    OPB : is that coldheat iron small enough to work on PCB?
    wolfdale e8400
    Corsair Dominator 6400c4 4x 1gig
    rampage formula
    evga 88000gtx
    x-fi platinum
    ocz powerstream 520

Xtreme Enthusiast
    i dunno, tbh i got a gigabyte nf4 to go pci-e as i want to redo my uni rig so i can just plug in new gfx when they arrive(ok probo a ways away, but maybe also a ati sli board in the not so distant future and the card would work with that). But there isn't any particular reason to think it will go that much further fsb wise. Normally, IE 845-granite or canterwood, you get a cpu fsb increase with chips designed to go faster and ultimately boards go further too as they are designed to be higher fsb at stock. but my gigabyte nf3 150 from september, could do 340ish htt fine, stock cooling, that was with divider cos of bh-5 and no volt mod. Boards aren't really going on much, memory has gotten better but we've seen 300Mhz on a nf3 250. I'm not expecting much extra performance or much higher fsb on these boards. just better onboard features basically(sata 2, firewire b, more raid, raid 5, 8 sata etc etc.).

I've seen zero increase in speed on hdd's, not much diff at all between agp and pci-e. All i'm saying is don't rush to upgrade to NF4 unless you want pci-e cards for any reason.

Also it doesn't sound like he was throwing about OPB working for gskill was a bad thing, so get off dudes back, he's just saying, its unlikely everyone will hit 300 1:1 those timings on a set of mem. but i can tell you, if i worked for ocz or gskill i'd cherry pick stuff. Heck, i waited and got the cpu's at work i thought would do best when i wanted one.

one other thing i'd say, don't buy an sli board untill cards you want are instock, i have no idea when ati sli is coming out(or an acronym similar enough in meaning ) but i doubt its too long. we have one pci-e 6800 gt or higher in stock in the uk, and its at a pretty much 70% extra price over agp 6800gt's due to no stock elsewhere. till that changes you may aswell wait to see if ati stuff comes out, IMHO.

Oh, and for anyone that bothered reading this far(first of all sorry ) and is the gskill 4800 stuff actually available in the USA? we've just gotten the pc4400 but at horrible prices(uk being crap not gskill), should i order some pc4400 from the states or is the 4800 stuff just about to be available everywhere? cheers
    Mail Me | 3500+ , dfi sli-dr, g-skill la, 2x6800gt, 600w pcz, stacker case, air cooled

Xtreme Member
    Thanks for the heads-up, it looks like the DFI or MSI are ganna be the best nforce4 ultra boards around. Does anyone know anywhere else you can buy the Neo4 and is the price really ganna be around $190? I thought nforce4ultra boards were suppose to be $100-150, so is this just price jacking?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjohns97
    OPB : is that coldheat iron small enough to work on PCB?

I think it works just perfect.

Xtreme Cruncher
    What tip do you use? And is this an iron you would suggest for volt modding? i cant solder very well, but im hoping to improve

if you like it, it must be good heh
    3570K ● Asus V Gene ● 8GB Mushkin DDR3-2133 ● EVGA 660 Ti SC ● Seasonic X750 ● 128GB Samsung 830 SSD & External 1TB RAID1

SupremeFX SPDIF -> MHDT Constantine DAC -> Darkvoice 336i Tube Amplifier -> AKG K701

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobalt
    What tip do you use? And is this an iron you would suggest for volt modding? i cant solder very well, but im hoping to improve

if you like it, it must be good heh

I had bad luck with the cold heat. that electrical arc is cool looking, but a pain in the butt. easy to solder a point, but tip to transistor makes freaking solder all over the place and solder comes off transistor and basically starts a chain of bad events. I returned mine. I don't think I'm the only one that had this problem. Good luck with yours OPB.

Xtreme Mentor
    how i sit going opb
    Abit KN9-SLI
    X2 3800+
    1gb corsair pc5400
    2 evga 7900gt
    200gb maxtor sata
    ocz 520w
    heatware:althes
    ebay althes

c[_]
    coldheat iron is fine for larger stuff, but the arc that can be generated and the lack of control over the solder really make it hard to use for SMD work..

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    the same question for the nForce4 MSI MoBo, does the Wini/Sub-zero problem exist?!
    OCing with Arabian Style

Xtreme Enthusiast
    i was able to get DDR620, but i wasn't able to take a screenshot.
    here is ddr600, for some reason my bios trfc and trc are one lower than tweaker reports, i know because if i go to 7 in trc it will crash becuase its trying to go 1 lower than 7, same thing happens when i try to go to 10 in trfc, i know my mem can't handle trfc 9 at these speeds.

some stupid reason i had the latency on there. sorry about that. the bandwidth was like 7.8 i'm guessing it was so low cuz of my lower multiplier, stock air.

OPB's timings are more tweaked than mine, but i suspect i could tweak these like his.
    Biostar A780 mATX
    AMD Phenom II x2 (Unlocked to x4) Stock Clock/Heatsink
    ATI X850XTPE Stock
    OCZ 2x2GB DDR2-800
    Seagate 320GB 16MB Cache Sata 3.0

heatware: skip86

Xtreme Enthusiast
    nice screanie, but still, can any one answer the Wini/sub-zero question?!

Xtreme Addict
    i think OPB has a dfi and it has the temp sensor problem, but it runs fine at 219c
    Quote Originally Posted by bh2k
    sorry m, OI'm a bit drunkz!
    Air benches with 3000+, DFI nf3 and 6800GT 2001SE: 26312 3d03: 13028

Xtreme Member
    Yep

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234