Thread: 3500+ NC.. solid air OC'er?

Xtreme Member

3500+ NC.. solid air OC'er?

I'm quite annoyed with my 3000+ WC, it has great potential when it comes to clock speed but the memory controller is quite weak, meaning in order to get it stable at 2.5ghz, I have to run a divider, so my memory is only running at around 227mhz. This really sucks because my TCCD can do 285MHz 2.5-3-3-7, so its really getting held back. I was wondering how the NewCastle 3500+'s overclock on air? Do most of them do at least 2.55-2.6ghz 1:1 stable? How's the memory controllers on them? This WC is really too touchy and I'm looking for a solid overclocker.
    http://www.quakeworld.nu/
    Quake 1 - the best game ever made
    QuakeWorld - the best mod ever made

Xtreme Member
    dude just wait for later revision winchesters. the old ones suck, everyone knows that.

if your interested, and i think the whole forum is, i will post my oc results when i get my 3500+ retail from newegg. its been out of stock since the 10th, but trust me once it is in stock i will jump on this thing like white on rice.

Xtreme Member
    I only had a day or so with it, as the board crapped out, so I didnt get anywhere near the ends of things, but my 3500NC did 2.4 1:1 with my BH5 at 2-2-2-5 prime for about 10 hours.

E2180
    MSI P35 Neo2 FR
    Geil Black Dragon 2x1GB
    EVGA 7900GTX
    Toughpower 750W
    Viewsonic VP191b