Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Epox 9nda3+ Test(ddr670 Pass!!!)

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jlccarv
    Much cheaper than the Neo2 Plat...
    It's only $10 cheaper on newegg. $130 shipped was the best deal I could find on this board through pricewatch.

Intel E6400 @ 3.2GHZ (1.35v) - Freezer Pro 7
    Gigabyte DS3 C1 F8i
    2GB G. Skill PK @ 400mhz 1:1 (4-4-4-12)
    Asus EN6200 8 pipes enabled
    250GB Hitachi T7K250
    Fortron Blue Storm 500W
    Antec P180

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDizzle
    It's only $10 cheaper on newegg. $130 shipped was the best deal I could find on this board through pricewatch.
    Hmm, i figured the price difference was similar to what it is in Australia. Here the 9NDA3+ is ~AUD$240 and the Neo2 Plat is ~AUD$290...
    Last edited by jlccarv; 12-11-2004 at 07:45 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyTheBandit
    I got the exact same thing with my 9nda3+ 2x 512 mb dimms run terrible in 1 and 2

I flashed to the beta using winflash windows utility works like a charm !
    Ah, super! will flash tonight

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeager
    Yes she is better than the MSI but why ?
    More stable ? better voltage ?

I know epox motherboard but tell me more plz
    Frequently easier to reach than neo2 to have + 300 outsides of 9nda3

Just operated the computer and ran 1.6V run 2.7G while being steady while being about Use the same CPU with RAM before this Is it get 1.7V is unable to let P95 run two PASSs to add at NEO2

But the network is really unstable, but the little younger brother has already touched too much unstable problems of NV board network from NF2 to now So I have already prepared 3COM, the network card is very cheap

Max Vddr is 2.8

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyTheBandit
    I got the exact same thing with my 9nda3+ 2x 512 mb dimms run terrible in 1 and 2

I flashed to the beta using winflash windows utility works like a charm !
    Just so Im sure on this; was the problem with dimm slots 1 and 2 fixed after you flashed the BETA BIOS?

what new with the beta bios need some infor

Xtreme Member
    Just so Im sure on this; was the problem with dimm slots 1 and 2 fixed after you flashed the BETA BIOS?
    Nope problem is still there ....
    Cpu: Core i7 930 @ 4.5 Ghz 1.4V (24/7)
    Mainboard: Classified E760 @ B3 X58 + EK Waterblock
    Memory: 6GB Kingston Hyper @ 2150Mhz 8-8-8-28 -> 1.72V
    Graphics Card: HD5870 + EK-Waterblock
    Soundcard: Auzentech X-Fi Forte
    Boot HDD: WD Velociraptor 300 GB
    Stuff HDD: 4x 1TB Samsung HD103UJ @ Raid5 (Perc 5i + 512MB)
    PSU: Corsair 1000Watt Modulair
    Water Cooling Setup: WC Setup --> Swiftech Apogee XT / Black Ice 360 GTX / 3x Triebwerk TK-122 / 2x DDC 355 Plus + XSPC Dual Top / EK-Spin Bay Reservoir

All build in a Corsair Obsidian 800D

ok have anyone try it with 4x256 memory. like me. right now i have it a 9x260 and the memory is at FSB 216(166) i know i can get more out of it but do not know what is hold me back can any one help

also can anyone tell me do i have to set agp 67 or can i set it at 66
    Last edited by ruff97; 12-11-2004 at 01:21 PM.
    EVGA nForce 780i SLI
    Intel Q6600 GO FSB 9x400 (3.6) at 1.46 and memory is at 450
    G.SKILL 4GB (4 x 1GB)DDR2 800 F2-6400CL4D-2GBHK 4-4-4-8
    H20-220 Apex "Ultra" Extreme
    2x SLI Evga 8800 GT 512MB (650/1800)
    Thermaltake Mozart TX Entertainment Case
    OCZ 1000w

Xtreme Member
    Portugal>Lisbon> Benfica>Next to the Stadium Of Light
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeager
    Max Vddr is 2.8
    It seems so...:S
    If they don't fix this it will be a major negative point against this motherboard and the MSI will continue to be best socket 939 board.

Btw, the problem with the OCZ Booster it's only because of the voltage increase or the booster is incompatible at all for other reasons?
    Last edited by dutchman.pt; 12-12-2004 at 12:08 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchman.pt
    It seems so...:S
    If they don't fix this it will be a major negative point against this motherboard and the MSI will continue to be best socket 939 board.

Btw, the problem with the OCZ Booster it's only because of the voltage increase or the booster is incompatible at all for other reasons?
    im wondering the same thing altho the vmod dosnt seem that hard to do but i would like to find a way of doing it with out pernatly vmodding the board

Xtreme Addict
    to esoteradactyl:
    thanks

Want BIOS diagram CPU voltage, preserves and adds 0.5V, it is that 1.45V take-offs to be basic

Time have frequently, have 8 lower frequently most, 3000+ is 200X9, so there is 8& 9 but choices The same, 3200+ is 80 but the choice, the elasticity is not great enough

RAM voltage, 2.5~2.8V, TCCD is set as 2.7V in advance with AUTO, it will be better that there is above 2.8V

NF3 chip's group's voltage, 1.6V is preserved, can pressurize , this is a advantage

Parameter of RAM

It is here to establish CPU adds 0.2V RAM 2.8V Chip 1.65V Voltage that the host computer board examines out actually

11/25 BETA BIOS behavior that esoteradactyl offers is still good Original part that DIMM3&4 can't start the machine (whether have meet by net friend can run 4 3&, 2 1& not all right) Can go to DDR600 about one pair of passways now, it is still a bit weaker than 1& 2 on my board Basically test this host computer board unless it get here of, can come report more for new discovery

so a vcore of approximately 1.6v is max. available ? ;(
    Athlon64 3200+ @2850MHz 1.6v, DFI Lanparty UT NF4 SLi-D, 2x512 Geil Ultra-X@285 2.5-3-3, ATI X850 XT PE, 300MB Maxtor DM10 16MB SATA2, 2x74GB Raptor, OCZ 520W rev2[cpu and vga watercooled]
    Author of A64 Memfreq

Xtreme Enthusiast
    The bios is quite cool for ocer , unlike the Neo2 does

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by confuzzedintel
    im wondering the same thing altho the vmod dosnt seem that hard to do but i would like to find a way of doing it with out pernatly vmodding the board
    What i understood of the problem is that if you raise the vdimm above 2.8v it will fry a mosfet and kill the board.
    Now if it is OCZ DDR Booster + Epox fault or it's only fault of one of them i don't know.
    If someone could clarify us that...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by confuzzedintel
    i dont think the booster works on any board that draws the vdimm from the 5v rail.
    heatware

ebay feedback

FX-55
    DFI NF4 Ultra-D
    XFX 7800GTX
    Kingston 2x512mb BH-5
    Vapochill LS

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by esoteradactyl
    i dont think the booster works on any board that draws the vdimm from the 5v rail.
    In that case if you raise the 5v rail you raise the Vdimm, right ?
    With the OCZ powestream that would be very easy but we don't know if the mosfet also melts in that case.

Btw, can someone give me a link to see or tell the usage of the PSU rails for the different hardware ?

What i understood of the problem is that if you raise the vdimm above 2.8v it will fry a mosfet and kill the board.
    Now if it is OCZ DDR Booster + Epox fault or it's only fault of one of them i don't know.
    If someone could clarify us that...
    The Question is, if this only can happen with the DDR Booster, or also with the vdimm mod.

Bigtoe, how much Volts can you give with your mod? I have also read, that vdimm above 1,7V can be unstable on this board. Have you realized any Problems?

Still not sure which Board to buy...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riemen
    The Question is, if this only can happen with the DDR Booster, or also with the vdimm mod.
    That's exactly what i said.

Xtreme Member
    In that case if you raise the 5v rail you raise the Vdimm, right ?
    With the OCZ powestream that would be very easy but we don't know if the mosfet also melts in that case.

Btw, can someone give me a link to see or tell the usage of the PSU rails for the different hardware ?
    no that is not how it works. there is a voltage regulator limiting the amount of voltage allowed through it. by moding it, you will be lowering the resistance thus allowing for more voltage. so raising the 5v line will do nothing unless you mode the voltage regulator. if you were to mode the regulator there would be no reason to raise your 5v line since you would already have 5v available.

however if you were modding the 3.3v then you would increase the rail in order to raise the voltage above 3.3v. obviously that isnt an option on this board, but it is on alot of others.
    Last edited by esoteradactyl; 12-12-2004 at 03:53 PM.
    heatware

ebay feedback

FX-55
    DFI NF4 Ultra-D
    XFX 7800GTX
    Kingston 2x512mb BH-5
    Vapochill LS

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by esoteradactyl
    no that is not how it works. there is a voltage regulator limiting the amount of voltage allowed through it. by moding it, you will be lowering the resistance thus allowing for more voltage. so raising the 5v line will do nothing unless you mode the voltage regulator. if you were to mode the regulator there would be no reason to raise your 5v line since you would already have 5v available.

however if you were modding the 3.3v then you would increase the rail in order to raise the voltage above 3.3v. obviously that isnt an option on this board, but it is on alot of others.
    Thanks for the explanation.
    I was applying the same logical method that you explained for the 3.3v.

But the board can reach higher vdimms (with mod) without the mosfet melting or not?

Xtreme Member
    Is the chip capable of setting higher voltages 2.8v+ with a modded BIOS? Is the BIOS mod-able in regard to vdimm, for that matter?

Xtreme Member
    Thanks for the explanation.
    I was applying the same logical method that you explained for the 3.3v.

But the board can reach higher vdimms (with mod) without the mosfet melting or not?
    in order to use the 3.3v method you would still need to mod the board the same way i explained how the 5v method works. the dfi 250gb is the only board ive ever seen that would allow you to just raise the 3.3v without physically modding the board, but this was used with a special bios.

you dont need to be worry about frying anything as long as you have good airflow surrounding the board.
    heatware

ebay feedback

FX-55
    DFI NF4 Ultra-D
    XFX 7800GTX
    Kingston 2x512mb BH-5
    Vapochill LS

Xtreme Member
    Is the chip capable of setting higher voltages 2.8v+ with a modded BIOS? Is the BIOS mod-able in regard to vdimm, for that matter?
    i checked the bios with modbin to see if any additional voltage options were available and didnt find anything a modded bios might work but it all depends on the type of volt regs they used on the board.

it was interesting though because there were two different listings for the vcore. one had vcore at +0.20v and the other had +0.35v. i have no clue if those options can be used or not. the option to make them selectable in the bios is not there. here are some pics that show my findings. i know bigtoe is good with bioses so maybe he can lend us some of his knowledge
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	epox1.JPG 
Views:	248 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	20876   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	epox2.JPG 
Views:	172 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	20877  
    Last edited by esoteradactyl; 12-12-2004 at 08:02 PM.
    heatware

ebay feedback

FX-55
    DFI NF4 Ultra-D
    XFX 7800GTX
    Kingston 2x512mb BH-5
    Vapochill LS

Xtreme Member
    That first list is great... vcore selectable from +0.025v to +0.35v in 0.025 increments!!! That is exactly what I have been hoping for vcore wise... nice one esoteradactyl.

Just to confirm what you said earlier; that the 9NDA dimm slots are fed by the 5.0v rail? Now, if to find a way of getting vdimm selectable up to ~4.0v.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast