Thread: 4GB kit for P5E

4GB kit for P5E

I have always been a crucial fan until late when all 4 of my ballastix 6400's have been RMA'd.

Any recommendations on a 8500 4GB set?

I was thinking about these G.SKILL:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231166

or should I continue my trek with crucial?
    Processor: i7-920 - Batch#3910A418 - No OC
    Temps: Full 4 Core Load-XXc, Idle-23c

Motherboard: Evga X58 SLI Micro
    CPU HSF: Xigmatek Black Knight w/MX-2
    Memory: Corsair Dominator 6GB (3 x 2GB) DD3 1600
    Video: eVGA 580GTX
    HDDs: Velociraptor 300GB
    PSU: CoolerMaster Gold 800w
    Case: Antec Lanboy Air

Xtreme Member
    I dig Crucial but was turned off from them once when they sent me back vanilla ddr1 Ballistix when I sent in Ballistix Tacer for an RMA. I called and the rep told me it was EOL for Tracer ddr1. This was over 2 years ago, and I kept watch and ddr1 Tracer kept being sold for a year afterwards. To say the least, that pissed me off.

Anyway, the only G.Skill kit I have had had compatibility issues with my mobo. So I have never really ordered it. I almost pulled the trigger here, but they don't seem to have much a a physical presence in the US which scares me about RMA. I have heard nothing but good things about them, but that is why I have stayed away.

I really stick with Corsair, Mushkin and OCZ. If you're getting a 4gb kit, I would look at the new Dominator TWIN2X4096-8500C. I just ordered a set, but have not received them yet. Some dudes have tested them so I would search the forums for threads on them. After looking at around 10 kits this is what I landed on, especially for the price.

Good luck.