Thread: Want a CPUZ Screenshot Verified?? Post it here...

Threaded View

Xtreme 3D Mark Team Staff

Want a CPUZ Screenshot Verified?? Post it here...

ok, I want to start this post to help weed out fake, or questionable overclocking scores.
    this is a small way we can do this.

if you see a Questionable OC, then just post it here.
    But the CPUZ Checksum Numbers must be clear and visible.
    there is no way around this, and can be assumed that a cheater will try to hide the numbers on purpose or say "I didn't know about the numbers"

so, 2 things.
    Must be a screen shot, don't just list the numbers, wanna be able to clearly see the numbers myself, to help either me, or any other mod willing to do some checking, or so more scrupulous members can try to weed out photo-doctord screen shots.

I will check this post ever few days, or as often as possible.
    so be patient.
    checking a screen shot should only take a minute or two to post the results.

so, if you see a screenshot that you think is "iffy", and want it checked, post it here, and I, or another mod will do our best to check it.
    just please, don't bombard me with 50 screenshots to check at once

here is a example of the numbers I need to see, and what a checked and verified screen shot will look like.

PS to everyone.

I don't want to have to post a confirmation shot of every posted screen shot, as thats just wasting space, and alot of my time.
    if it's really important to have a confirmation shot, please let me know.
    otherwise I won't be posting one for every shot I come across.

By the way, this isn't a Item you can download, and isn't freely available, and no I can't send you a copy, or let you download it from me or anything else, so don't PM me asking me where to get it, or whine to me that it "sucks", that I won't give you a copy.
    I've had one Person PM me already, about about 10 people in the last month all asking me for it... the answer is always no.
    not cause I am trying to be mean, thats just the rules.
    The Author didn't make this a public item for many reasons.
    to keep someone from writing a fake program, to keep CPUZ as reliable as possible, and things like that...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	123.JPG 
Views:	2383 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	19544  
    Last edited by Kunaak; 11-17-2004 at 07:05 AM.

"The command and conquer model," said the EA CEO, "doesn't work. If you think you're going to buy a developer and put your name on the label... you're making a profound mistake."