Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 90nm 3200+ run DDR600 1:1 1T

Xtreme X.I.P.
    please show the checksum in future! even if it only shows cpu speed and fsb, its better than nothing

if you dont show it some people will say you cheat or lie... just show the checksum, its no big thing

Quote Originally Posted by saaya
    please show the checksum in future! even if it only shows cpu speed and fsb, its better than nothing

if you dont show it some people will say you cheat or lie... just show the checksum, its no big thing
    Yes, it is better than nothing, I think Coolaler will show checksum in the future.

It is very good to get something to prove someone cheats or not.
    For CPU type and CPU frequency, yes, the checksum is very good to distinguish.
    However, what a pity, checksum is not so powerful now.
    We can not say the bandwidth is fake because there is no checksum in someone's screen capture.
    We can not say the bandwidth is true because there is a checksum in someone's screen capture either.
    I don't want to oppose against you, I just tell the truth.
    We can't judge something by a wrong evidance, right?

Xtreme X.I.P.
    i also think there should be a checksum in other programms as well.. like sandra and other benchmarks... and cpuz should include the fsb/mem ratio and maybe timings and vcore into the checksum

Quote Originally Posted by saaya
    i also think there should be a checksum in other programms as well.. like sandra and other benchmarks... and cpuz should include the fsb/mem ratio and maybe timings and vcore into the checksum
    Yes, I hope so as well, then the checksum will be very perfect! even it will become many digits.

Xtreme Member

Question

...just trying to understand what`s going on, when you open 2 cpu-z programs, you get two diffrent checksums, what`s up with that?
    The world`s only triple phase-changer PC in one case.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukee
    ...just trying to understand what`s going on, when you open 2 cpu-z programs, you get two diffrent checksums, what`s up with that?

The purpose of the checksum would be defeated by a static display of values.

The checksum serves another purpose, not just confirming the clock numbers. The checksum can almost be considered a digital signature, it provides verification of clockspeed, and processor type, as well as offering a semi-unique signature wich helps deter the "save a picture and say its mine scenario".

EDIT: Each time CPUZ is executed it generates a NEW, semi-unique checksum value.
    Last edited by Karnivore; 10-23-2004 at 01:02 PM.

1 in 10 billion semi-uniqueness to be exact

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnivore
    The purpose of the checksum would be defeated by a static display of values.

The checksum serves another purpose, not just confirming the clock numbers. The checksum can almost be considered a digital signature, it provides verification of clockspeed, and processor type, as well as offering a semi-unique signature wich helps deter the "save a picture and say its mine scenario".

EDIT: Each time CPUZ is executed it generates a NEW, semi-unique checksum value.
    And how can I consider, if a checksum is valid or not??

Greetz, Flox
    "Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's
    not why we do it." -- Richard Feynman.

"A Celeron is not so much a processor, it is more a collection of shorting links to allow the motherboard to work." - read on xtremesystems.org

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Flox
    And how can I consider, if a checksum is valid or not??

Greetz, Flox
    Well, checksum value is only a point if 1) someone is using YOUR screeenshot.
    2) If the screenshot is suspicious. And the only need for confirmation of correct checksum would be #2, and this is a relatively rare happening. So if you have a suspect checksum you have 2 choices.. Email the author to verify, or know, and contact someone who has gotten the CPUZCheck from the author, (like one of the staff members here @ Xtreme).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123