Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: Choosing The Best Pump for Your WaterCooling System

Tyler Durden
    Your right and hence I've decided to get the japanese motored version as I've decided to get a 17" LCD rather than a 19" which puts an extra $150 bucks back in my spending pocket.

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    The RZ20 is a damn good pump, don't feel like you are missing out on the RD series... the only better thing I like about the RD is that they are much smaller. You need a dedicated 24v PSU for it too.

*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*
    GTZ --> MCW-NBMAX --> EK FC --> PA 120.3 --> PA 160.1 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

Quote Originally Posted by ranker View Post
    Did you just get hit in the head with a heavy object? Because obviously you're failing at reading comprehension.

Tyler Durden
    Yea, the size is really what I want...it's like perfect.

nick dont be bashing the wmds.. the japs are better motors but the diff is not that big... my wmd is very quiet. As for heat issues I cant be certain about that...

I think when I get some money I will buy the jap version just to test the two to see the difference.. Then sell the wmd on ebay i guess.

I want to buy a water cooler for my PC and I'm almost sure it will be aquarius 3. Has anbody got it and could tell me how it is doing it's job?
    Dreams are out there, you just need to grab them before someone else will.... :banana4:

Tyler Durden
    Not very well, it really sucks to be honest. You'd be much better off with a kit from Swiftech or Asetek...prefferably the former.

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxxxRacer
    nick dont be bashing the wmds.. the japs are better motors but the diff is not that big... my wmd is very quiet. As for heat issues I cant be certain about that...

I think when I get some money I will buy the jap version just to test the two to see the difference.. Then sell the wmd on ebay i guess.
    Maxx I'm not bashing the WMD, I merely stated the Japanese motors are superior which is a fact. If you have a WMD is it worth the expense to get an MD? Probably not, however, if you are going to spend $110+ on a pump, why not get the IMO more desireable model?

GTZ --> MCW-NBMAX --> EK FC --> PA 120.3 --> PA 160.1 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

Quote Originally Posted by ranker View Post
    Did you just get hit in the head with a heavy object? Because obviously you're failing at reading comprehension.

gri, dont bother with the aquarius, the swiftech or danger den kits are much better.

Xtreme Member
    ever thought about a Laing DDC-PRO . silent and powerfull.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I just wanted to note that the mag 3 is getting kind of a bad rap in this thread, having one myself, for @ 2 yrs now with 0 problems, I really have to say the mag 3 is the best price/performance leader. @ 44 bucks for 10 ft of head, with a little prep this pump is great, all I used on my pump was a bit of teflon tape and plastic/nylon fittings. Not putting you down or anything Maxxx, just giving you my personal experience. You said you've heard all this on those pumps, naturally you'll prob never hear the good things as much as the bad, I'm just letting ppl know that these pumps kick ass

Also, you can find most (if not all) of the iwaki american/japanese version pumps here ---> http://www.customaquatic.com/customa...D=wp&offset=30

edited for clarification : I did not mod the pump at all. the fittings I used just screwed into the pump.
    Last edited by fareastgq; 12-22-2004 at 03:21 PM.
    ALIENS are bringing my next kentsfield based rig in a UFO case!

fareast, already got the link.

I know a number of people who have had good luck with them. but with the number of peoploe wo have them compared to the number of failures i have seen I cannot justify reccomending the pump. As you said it requires modification to make the pump safe to use...
    b

but i do agree that the pump is a good price to performance leader.. But it comes at a cost.

i really have no limit as far as money goes. so what can i get to cool my system.
    p4 3.2e oc @ 3.8
    gig ram
    2 raptors
    6800ultra oc

i have a large case. i know nothing of water cooling. i have a modded koolance-al that i love but i want to break 4.0. so what should i get.

i have been hearing Iwaki pumps or danger denpumps are the way to go. also what radiator or heatcore and why is one better than the other. what kind of resevoir is needed. also will the pump hook up directly to the psu or do i need i voltage converter.

Xtreme Member
    Something like ultimate water cpu cooling (nikhsub1 style )
    cpu- Storm G5
    pump- Iwaki RD-30
    tygon hose
    biggi aircooler on your chipset
    And a big heatercore (bigger is beter) something like the Dangerden HC because it doenst restrict flow to much.

Or just buy a prommie...
    Dutch Specs
    The "budget" rig (had to go eco to buy a ridiculas expensive case so the rest is 2nd hand )
    E6600 // ebayd 2x1gb pc4200 D9DQW halfway on the board tricked // Asus P5B dlx // EVGA 8800GT 512MB SC// Silverstone Temjin TJ07S // Tagan TG480 // WD740GD // 2x Samsung 500Gb T166

jnr, can you plese make a new thread. I would like to keep this thread strictly to pump discussion. Heck, I will make one for you.

ok sry.

if i were making a build right now, i would go with a swiffy mcp.

expensive, yes. 12v though, easier to deal with than AC. good performance with a variety of blocks.

honestly for anyone thinking of buying, yes the iwakis are one of the best pumps, but honestly, you will not notice any real difference if your system isn't overly restrictive. nor, from all my experience with watercooling (about 3.5 years) will the 3 - 5 degree difference you will get with the best pump and "best" block, vs. the midrange pump and decent block make any difference to your OC.

i have owed this eheim 1250 for over 3 years now, and i have used a dtek tc4, white water, tdx, and now swiffy 6002 on it without any troubles.

these people saying that they load at 2 degrees above ambient - don't believe it at all.

i'm not saying that you shouldn't spend 150$ US on a pump, or buy one of the limited quantity waterblocks, but evaluate if that money can be better spent on another component, or something else all together.

buy what you can afford, and don't get caught chasing diminishing returns. other than that, take the plunge, you won't regret it! just make sure to leak test!

marky, not to be rude, but I already put that the mcp600 is the top rated pump for watercooing if your not going for the iwakis.

and i agreed

i was simply adding my experiences with WC over the last couple of years. glad you like the iwaki, i plan to use one if i get around to building an extrenal rad/fan/pump box - but to have the bare pump on the floor is kinda ghetto.

ghetto is good. besides it shortens up the tubing a bit...

if you can afford it ge the RD30 and a 24volt psu.. it will cost about 400 for the combo but its sweet.

Xtreme Addict
    Don't these marine pumps make a lot of noise? My grandfather used one sometimes, and that thing was loud as hell and yes, it was electric.
    Last edited by Judaeus Apella; 01-11-2005 at 05:26 PM.

nah i cant even tell mine is on and i am supposed to have a noiser one.

Xtreme Addict
    The lowest the iwaki pumps go is 3/4" but the radiators and water blocks Im looking at only go up to 1/2".... What do you guys suggest, just changing the fitting on the pump with a 1/2" adaptor or would that scew something up?

why is the mcp600 better than the mcp650?
    since the 650 is newer and offers refinment why not go for it.

also the bluline pumps come in 3 series. hd, ns, and velocity.
    website http://www.bluelineaquatics.com/prod...ump/index.html

which would be better. the claim to be just as good as iwaki. so hard to figure out what pump to get.

i want a good pump but dont wanna have to run 2 mcp650 in series to get a compareble flow that one iwaki/blueline can have.

seems that most people go with the iwaki 20 series, why not higher and get the 30 or 40 series.
    Last edited by jnr4817; 01-14-2005 at 01:30 AM.

the 650 is a totaly different pump. Not even close to the same manufacturer. The 600 offers more head pressure and less heat, therefore making it a better choice.

the 650 offers realy no refinement over the 600. As i said its a pump from a totaly differnet company. Swiftech has no input on the pumps design, they are just a distributer who slaps their label on it. Danger den does the same thing with the 650 and 340. AKA the D4 and the DDC (their actual names)

Judaeus Apella: You can get adapters from 3/4 to 1/2inch but I dont suggest it. I did it and it makes the pump alot bigger. I am going to go to lowes tommorow possibly and get some new 3/4inch fittings and just stretch the tubing over the barbs. I suggest you do the same. Just get the tubing warm with hot water and it will slide over the barbs nicely.

Xtreme Member
    Here is a mod done to a Laing DDC qhich I believe could make it almost the perfect pump for watercooling PCs. In a loop the modded DDC would have more flow than a D4 dump about the same heat as a AQX 50Z and be virtually silent. Two in series would have both more head and flow than a MD 20RZ with less than half the heat.

I think in the next couple weeks I might have to pick a couple up. Only downside I see is a voided warranty, wont be my 1st.

Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast