Thread: Would Like to Find Asrcok SataII with smd grabber.

Xtreme Enthusiast

Would Like to Find Asrcok SataII with smd grabber.

I would like to know if there is some way to use smd grabber on the Asrock to do vddim or vcore on a IC chip. here is my post @ oc forums. I did find a 8 legged chip below the dimm slots that look's similiar to the epox 8rkja3 mod that I did with grabber's. Vcore isn't as important to me.

Ok I have read thru the big thread about this board and havn't found what I'am looking for. I dont really like soldering on motherboard's and really like using smd grabber's.

According to this you can change the resistor from a 2.1k ohm to 150 ohm and get around 3.04 vddim.

I would like to know if you can use the pencil trick for this to lower the resistance and get maybe 2.85 vddim or 2.9?

For the vcore I have found the you can use different ohm resistors and get different level's of a vcore setting by using this guide

Also I have found that you can get a solid 1.55 vcore using this But I want to be able to have an adjustable vcore where maybe 1.45=1.6.

Is there a certain VID and SGND you can connect to make it where you get a .1 higher vcore then what you set in bios?

I will be useing an 146 opty with this board along with TCCD mushkin pc4400 2x512.

Any help would be great.
    Jonspd
    My Heat
    gd-70\955\2x1gbhz1600
    ext-58\920\3x2gb998691
    Expert\170\2x1gbhz

Xtreme Member
    Well I havent tried the vdimm mod but if you check this site there is a mod that involves a 500ohm pot, You will be able to use grabber on that but
    http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/...voltmods/130/3

For the vcore mod I have tried the bridge and the resistor mod. I prefer the resistor mod as I am greedy with voltage. You could do the resistor mod with grabbers but I would recommend against it. The bridge mod is easier to do and remove and is less risky than using grabbers
    Does anyone know where i can get bananas like this the only ones I can get don't dance and go black after a few weeks

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Thanks very much boy does that help I can have adjustable vddim via SMD grabber and resistor and after I get better cooling and see how she acts @ 1.45 I can just connect the bridge point's for 1.55v with conductive anything

I'am pretty sure there has to be a way other then putting a resistor on the vcore but I really dont knwo where to begin to look. If I can find anything by next week I'am either going to have to use stock or 1.55 vcore.

So once again any help on this subject would be great.

BTW thank's again crodan
    My Heat
    gd-70\955\2x1gbhz1600
    ext-58\920\3x2gb998691
    Expert\170\2x1gbhz