Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: OCZ DDR Diagnostic Booster Works on these Motherboards.

Xtreme Member
    They only tested 3.4v on the IC7-MAX3. Lets say if I pump 3.6v on that board, will I blow up anything?

Xtreme Member
    one way to find out

Ai7 is rated up to 3.4v, i tried 3.6v for a few benches and then took the booster out permantely, lol...the booster gets pretty toasty with some voltage.

The booster's only tested to 3.4V at OCZ probably because over that voltage you will need to get some fans on it or have some way to keep it cool enough, like it says in the manual.

I'm sure a lot of those boards can handle even more voltage...I've seen posts around where people have cranked theirs up to 3.6V. Whether your memory can take it though is another question.

Xtreme Member
    some of the Abit Mobo's won't read over 3.4V..

I tested it on an AN7 to 3.7V, But the sensor chip will only show up to 3.49V...

Xtreme Mentor
    Add a IS7-e to the list. I've been running it all day @ 3.6v with my good BH-5's @ 270fsb 1:1 2-2-2-6, The highest i've ever got it before with a modded IC7 @ 3.45v wat 262fsb stable.

Just for the hell of it i cranked it up a bit. And the dam Booster will give me 4.1v to the memory, verified on it and the bios!!!

Me forsees the noobs just frying everything in site. But then i see myself doing it too for those few more Precious fsb!!!!

I used it in my IC7 also no problems. NF7. The Booster Heatsinks get hot as hell!!!!

Dont even ask where i've been!!!

Xtreme 3D Mark Team Staff
    question-

can you show a picture of the abit hardware monitor, the winbond one, not the new weird one.
    the old version.

I'd like to see the voltages

"The command and conquer model," said the EA CEO, "doesn't work. If you think you're going to buy a developer and put your name on the label... you're making a profound mistake."

Xtreme Member
    Any one know why it doesn't work w/ the Epox 4PCA3+ or even the other unsupported mobo's for that matter?

c[_]
    Could have to do with OVP, voltage regulation style (linear, switching), the quality of the components on the board, or space between DIMMs due to layout.. among other things.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Mentor
    Originally posted by Kunaak
    question-

can you show a picture of the abit hardware monitor, the winbond one, not the new weird one.
    the old version.

Is that directed @ me Kunnak. Im using the new HW monitor. I like the old one better. But it's not on abit's site anymore. Let me look around for a IC7 or IS7 CD. I do like the old HW doctor better, The new one takes up too much space and is hard to read.

I've got it in my Sig MSI board now. It's working. Before i couldnt get over 285 1:1 with my OCZ 4200's and 2.85 volts. Which was the max of it in my IC7 @ that volt.

What's screwy in MSI HW monitor, there is nothing showing DDR volts, and sisoft or nothing reports ddr volts either, and neither does the bios report.

So now i have it set @ 3.2v on the LED's. I have to say it's working since im stable @ 300fsb 1:1 which the 4200's are good to 305fsb in my testing before. Turning the know to 3.1v it's still stable, Turning it down more to 3v it reboots.

Seems to work. I have it in slot 1 and 2 sticks of memory in slot 2 and 3. No joke though the HS's on the booster get hot as hell!!!

Im going to let it fold all night and see if it's alive in the morning.

But if you talking to me Kunaak and want the old HW doc pics, i'll find a CD for you.

Later

Ted

Xtreme Mentor
    Originally posted by -=TriX=-
    Any one know why it doesn't work w/ the Epox 4PCA3+ or even the other unsupported mobo's for that matter?
    What's strang is on the list they sent along the 4PCA3 is on there, it says 3v max volts tested, but then says not compatable. The others that are not compatable just have a "-" line through the Max voltage tested.

How many volts does the epox give max stock. Most epox's give mega volts anyway. I tried some 4bda's and 4bga's in the past for p4's 845 chipsets but they were dogs and i gave up on epox for P4, But dam if i didnt go through and love the 8rda's and 8RGA's in the past.

Xtreme Member
    too bad ocz doesnt test to see if the vtt tracks with the vdimm. it's a waste of money if you can juice your ram fine but the vtt is out of wack.

Xtreme Addict
    Originally posted by Tedinde
    What's strang is on the list they sent along the 4PCA3 is on there, it says 3v max volts tested, but then says not compatable. The others that are not compatable just have a "-" line through the Max voltage tested.
    Do not rely on that. At the very beginning OCZ said that 3.3volts were tested to be not compatible on DFI Infinity nForce2, so many (including myself) figured out that they would be able to use the supposedly more clean voltages at least, and some members from pcperspective.com even spoke with one of the OCZ guys (do not remember whether it was Tony or not) to confirm that.

But then OCZ said here, they fried one DFI Infinity while testing the Booster and it turned out to be not compatible at all so if it's listed as not compatible whether with a voltage level written nearby or not, obviously you take all the risk if you still want to verify the big red "N" on the Booster compatibility chart.
    away & gone

Xtreme Member

How many volts does the epox give max stock. Most epox's give mega volts anyway. I tried some 4bda's and 4bga's in the past for p4's 845 chipsets but they were dogs and i gave up on epox for P4, But dam if i didnt go through and love the 8rda's and 8RGA's in the past.
    oh it gives high volts 3.3vdimm in the BIOS ~3.28v actual; which is nothing to complain about. Let's my BH-5 do 240-250 easy Was just curious as to why it wouldn't work

Xtreme 3D Mark Team Staff
    Is that directed @ me Kunnak. Im using the new HW monitor. I like the old one better.

But if you talking to me Kunaak and want the old HW doc pics, i'll find a CD for you.

Later

Ted
    yep, that was for you.
    your atleast a day ahead of me, so I am curious to know if it really works on the IC7.
    I'll have my DDR booster in a day or two I hope.
    but till then, you got the answers

if you want the old hardware monitor, just find me on ICQ, I will transfer it over to you.
    I have it here.

or...

I just found it.

look here for "hardware monitor Released Date: 2003-06-27"

http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/...ries=1&model=5

it's under drivers, not utility.
    I agree, the new Abit hardware monitor is just too damn much, I just don't like using it, everything feels "off" with it.
    I just like the Winbond hardware monitor.
    the real time sliding bars just tell me a whole lot more then the Abit EQ thing does.

thats why I asked for that pic, and not EQ.

"The command and conquer model," said the EA CEO, "doesn't work. If you think you're going to buy a developer and put your name on the label... you're making a profound mistake."

Xtreme Mentor
    I have t o get one see if it works with ag8
    Abit KN9-SLI
    X2 3800+
    1gb corsair pc5400
    2 evga 7900gt
    200gb maxtor sata
    ocz 520w
    heatware:althes
    ebay althes

THE ORIGINAL OC JEDI
    IC7-G

works like a charm
    Big to OCZ for making the biggest and best "OVERCLOCKER" accessory to come down the pipe in YEARS!

C

Tested on a DFI nForce2 Lan Party Rev. A and the booster works in slot 3 (won't fit in other slots without mods) with a module in slot 1. Single channel only though since slot 3 is taken up by the booster.

I was able to get up to 3.4V with no problems. But I did start off slow (i.e. started at 2.9, ran memtest for a while, increased to 3.0, reboot and ran memtest, etc. until 3.4V).

So some good news, and some bad, but overall:

THE ORIGINAL OC JEDI
    Originally posted by Kunaak
    question-

the old version.

Kunaak,
    It works on the IC7-G.........

Here's the Winbond HW Doc screenie. And NO, the VTT does NOT track (remember the Vddq is really VTT, it's an Abit goof)

C
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ic7vboost.jpg 
Views:	949 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	14881  

Xtreme Member
    I have this in a K8NSXP-939. As it is right now you have to use the booster in the orange slot, so your ram is in the purple. It does adjust the voltages very well, and the readings are 100% accurate when i check with a volt meter off of the mosfet. I haven't had good stability though, but i haven't played with it much either. With 1gb of mushkin lvl 2 i would get a boot disk error, can't get good stability from my OCZ BH-5, and my 3700 EB's aren't running as well as they did in my vdimm modded K8NNXP.
    Athlon FX-53 2.55 gHz @ 1.6v air cooled
    GA-K8NSNXP ^^
    Sapphire X800 XTPE 607/614 air cooled
    1gb OCZ 3700 EB's/1gb Mushkin 3500 LII @ 245 FSB/512mb OCZ LE BH-5 @ 265 FSB
    2 74 GB Raptors in Raid 0
    14,681 3D03 on air 31074 3D01 on air

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Originally posted by mrlobber
    Do not rely on that. At the very beginning OCZ said that 3.3volts were tested to be not compatible on DFI Infinity nForce2, so many (including myself) figured out that they would be able to use the supposedly more clean voltages at least, and some members from pcperspective.com even spoke with one of the OCZ guys (do not remember whether it was Tony or not) to confirm that.

But then OCZ said here, they fried one DFI Infinity while testing the Booster and it turned out to be not compatible at all so if it's listed as not compatible whether with a voltage level written nearby or not, obviously you take all the risk if you still want to verify the big red "N" on the Booster compatibility chart.
    I'm rather disappointed about the DFI as modded my board was able to go up to 4v, was stable at 3.6v.
    A minor set back for what i'd say is the best socket A board.

Xtreme Member
    OK....update for on the DDR booster and K8NSXP-939. I do not get any stability if the booster is in the purple (near cpu) slot, and RAM is in the orange (far) slot. In this way you can have the booster and run two sticks of RAM...but ZERO stability anywhere near 200 FSB on any ram i tried. With the booster in the far slot and using just one stick of ram...that's all that will fit because of the potentiometer...i get great OC'ing w/o the benefit of dual channel.

Here's one pic for you. That's OCZ LE BH-5 running 260 prime stable @ 3.4 volts. I had it up to 265, but no screenie. It konked out when i tried 270.

Best results are when i do the cap mod...which i'm running now, because i can run stable IN DUAL CHANNEL but minimum voltage is 3.34. It seems that the purple slots provide WAY more stability...to the point that their use is necessary. The minimum my 3 volt line will run at is 3.34, and it's too high for me to play with the OCZ EB's. I have 1gb of Mushkin lvl II doing 250 stable.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	260fsbocz.jpg 
Views:	826 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	14897  
    Last edited by stasiu; 07-29-2004 at 10:37 PM.
    Athlon FX-53 2.55 gHz @ 1.6v air cooled
    GA-K8NSNXP ^^
    Sapphire X800 XTPE 607/614 air cooled
    1gb OCZ 3700 EB's/1gb Mushkin 3500 LII @ 245 FSB/512mb OCZ LE BH-5 @ 265 FSB
    2 74 GB Raptors in Raid 0
    14,681 3D03 on air 31074 3D01 on air

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Originally posted by charlie
    IC7-G

works like a charm
    Big to OCZ for making the biggest and best "OVERCLOCKER" accessory to come down the pipe in YEARS!

C
    Thats on a unmodded IC7-G, no VTT Mod? What version IC7-G? And the max it would do is 3.6v?
    Last edited by aoc007; 07-30-2004 at 01:26 AM.
    P4C 3.2Ghz @ 4.2Ghz 1.8v (Vapo LS + 4 Tornados & 2xNexus)
    AIW X800XT Running Stock
    IC7-G w/ 2x 512MB KHX3000 (BH-5) + 2x 512MB Muskin Redline XP4000 BIOS 2.8
    2x 36GB WD Raptors RAID 0 (ICH5R)
    2x 80 gig Seagate SATA RAID 0 (SiI3112a)
    Promedia 5.1 Ultra on Audigy 2 Plat
    Pioneer DVR-108D / Lite-on combo SOHC-5232K
    Lian-Li PC-65 w/ all 80mm tornado case fans & PC P&C 510w Deluxe
    WinXP Pro
    3d03: 14185

THE ORIGINAL OC JEDI
    Originally posted by aoc007
    Thats on a unmodded IC7-G, no VTT Mod? What version IC7-G? And the max it would do is 3.6v?
    Yeah, that's on an un-modded IC7-G v1.2
    I tested it UP TO 4.0V with some BH-6, lol......don't really see the need to go HIGHER, hehehe.

C

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Originally posted by stasiu
    OK....update for on the DDR booster and K8NSXP-939. ....
    yeah it seems some of the S939 boards are like that. The one good thing is OCZ will be making an A64 version at some point.

so OT but your Mushkin L2's run's good in the K8NSXP-939? My K8NSpro just hates that ram. Will only do 220. In my K8Npro it did 270 at 3.3v
    | MSI K8N Diamond Plus | WaterCooled A64X2 4200+ | 2x1024 PC4000 EB Plat | 2x BFG 7800GT | Maxtor DMax 10 SATA 250gb 16mb cache & 200gb 8 mb cache| OCZ 700watt GamerXtreme PSU | Plextor 716SA DL DVDRW

HeatWare

heyas

what about on a k8n-pro???does it works???

thnx

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast